TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was it mentioned anywhere as to why a Wildtrak can't get a soft top amid all this hardtop craziness? Is it just because the model is supposed to have a hardtop? Or is there an actual functional or safety reason? Technically the Wildtrak is supposed to have a mod top so it can't really be because they're just trying to stay true to the model design/aesthetics. That's already been changed. Also, I would assume the soft top weighs less than a hard top so I wouldn't think it was a weight issue. Also dealer mannequin Wildtraks have soft tops so we know they functionally fit on the truck. Anyone know?
Sponsored

Fatdaddy

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I think since the WT and FE were always supposed to come standard with hard tops and Ford has already decreased the baseline MSRP on these two trims to align with removing the painted black mod top, they do not want to decrease the cost (again) lesser the MIC for soft tops. The soft top ordered from the dealer is $2200~ ( excluding freight). No telling what the cost of the MIC or black painted top will be ordered from the dealer when available. I think thats a cost Ford isn't willing to eat on the WTs or FEs since they've already came down on initial cost.

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Was it mentioned anywhere as to why a Wildtrak can't get a soft top amid all this hardtop craziness?
It isn't an existing configuration. Ford will sell all they can build so they aren't going to spend any time worrying about Wildtrak customers. You can change to other model or wait.

Sponsored

Five-O Donut Hole

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Ford Raptor-Loaded-Original Owner
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Was it mentioned anywhere as to why a Wildtrak can't get a soft top amid all this hardtop craziness? Is it just because the model is supposed to have a hardtop? Or is there an actual functional or safety reason? Technically the Wildtrak is supposed to have a mod top so it can't really be because they're just trying to stay true to the model design/aesthetics. That's already been changed. Also, I would assume the soft top weighs less than a hard top so I wouldn't think it was a weight issue. Also dealer mannequin Wildtraks have soft tops so we know they functionally fit on the truck. Anyone know?
exactly my thought here. Why can’t this be an option since Ford has already been placing the soft tops on Wildtrak mannequin?

The Wildtrak orders are to suck it up further and wait…. or change your trim level all together AND opt for a soft top…

Kevin W

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
AMB 4dr Sasq Base and an Erup Green 2dr Sasq Base
Your Bronco Model
Base
Sioux City Ford in Iowa has a soft top Wildtrak mannequin.

10EE92CA-CC8E-40EA-8230-E52F77678AC1.jpeg

Gaul Piamatti

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Your Bronco Model
Base
Ford Bronco Why no soft top for Wildtrak? FEBD03C4-8BC5-4231-8780-ABF2E71DEE9F

You can’t really tell from the picture but I saw this 4 door wildtrak in the wild on Saturday night. I remember walking away and realizing that it was a wildtrak with a soft top. It very well could have been a dealer mannequin. However, this shows it’s definitely possible. My guess is that it’s probably so low on fords priority list of problems

CyberVegas

First Edition
First Name
Ali
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BRONCO
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Team Ford in Vegas has one too…

Ford Bronco Why no soft top for Wildtrak? 061F5300-F763-4F11-A93D-5DFBB68F367D

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

And there's the problem. We know fort is willing to put soft tops on them for dealer demos (Not sure what happens when the deal is ready to sell, will they have to put a hardtop on it?)

But what is messed up is that WT (At least the four-door ones) is the only trim that has no "out"

FEs are priority at Ford, everything else has the option for a soft top, but WT is stuck in no-mans-land.

Sponsored
OP
OP
TaiKoi

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
And there's the problem. We know fort is willing to put soft tops on them for dealer demos (Not sure what happens when the deal is ready to sell, will they have to put a hardtop on it?)

But what is messed up is that WT (At least the four-door ones) is the only trim that has no "out"

FEs are priority at Ford, everything else has the option for a soft top, but WT is stuck in no-mans-land.
For sure. I never thought about what they do with the mannequins. That's interesting. Probably just sell em like that because as some people said, the whole no soft top on a Wildtrak is probably a money loss thing. In the big picture, they won't lose that much money from the 1000 or 2000 soft top Wildtrak demo units out there now.

Wildtraks and 2 Doors both ended up with no option or hope for 21 ha 🥲

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

For sure. I never thought about what they do with the mannequins. That's interesting. Probably just sell em like that because as some people said, the whole no soft top on a Wildtrak is probably a money loss thing. In the big picture, they won't lose that much money from the 1000 or 2000 soft top Wildtrak demo units out there now.

Wildtraks and 2 Doors both ended up with no option or hope for 21 ha 🥲
Actually a couple hours ago I was watching some video on YouTube, and the guy showed a paragraph in one of the Ford releases... It actually seemed to suggest FE and WT being priorities.

Two doors are still in the doghouse I think. Who knows at this point other than lots of us got a while to wait.

I just wish Ford would have said this months ago. It would have made buying a holdover vehicle much easier.

But now it sounds like an October they plan on having version two of the tooling up and working and they're going to produce tops as fast as they can.. I guess that assumes you can believe them.

silveragemarvel

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1998 Landcruiser
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Ford Bronco Why no soft top for Wildtrak? WildTrak
WildTrak at 5 Star Ford in North Richland Hills, Texas

zigtig

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Wrangler, 2021 Telluride, 2014 Slim, 2019 Rzr
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Sioux City Ford in Iowa has a soft top Wildtrak mannequin.

Ford Bronco Why no soft top for Wildtrak? 082131E0-4713-4765-B730-14CD4A8CA5C5
I drove the exact same setup at my local dealer. Didn't even occur to me the soft top isn't available on wildtrak! I would take one in a heartbeat over my Bronco sitting ANYWHERE other than my garage right now.
Sponsored