Sponsored

Why no synthetic rope version of the winch?

mneblett

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F-150, 2019 Mustang GT vert, 2019 Corvette
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Only the steel line version is offered in the $2500 package.

(btw, for OE accessory part pricing, while high, iI do not believe it to be completely outrageous - the winch is available for ~$1200, and then you need to add the cost of a mounting solution)

If the synthetic line version (Warn Zeon 10S) is not available, I'm hoping the Ford mounting solution will be available separately so I can pick up a 10S and install it myself.
Sponsored

rtaylor

Badlands
First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19Raptor, 22Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Only the steel line version is offered in the $2500 package.

(btw, for OE accessory part pricing, while high, iI do not believe it to be completely outrageous - the winch is available for ~$1200, and then you need to add the cost of a mounting solution)

If the synthetic line version (Warn Zeon 10S) is not available, I'm hoping the Ford mounting solution will be available separately so I can pick up a 10S and install it myself.
You can buy Warn synthetic line for about $350.

I think $2500 is too much. $1013 is the going price for the winch. Mounts maybe $350. Can probably buy the Ford mount eventually.

Petey

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you give the aftermarket community time, there will be some pretty awesome mount options, especially with the metal bumper

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’m praying they offer that mount separate from the winch. $2500 for both is outrageous. That package is over priced by AT LEAST $1000.

Gr8Hortoni

Black Diamond
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler, Ram Rebel. Previously 2 wranglers and 4 Broncos
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If you give the aftermarket community time, there will be some pretty awesome mount options, especially with the metal bumper
That’s the route I’m probably going to end up going, as much as I’d rather have the factory option, given the package price it’s going to be near $1000 just for the plate.

Sponsored

DUSTYcazOREGON

Black Diamond
First Name
Craig
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger Tremor/2022 Bronco/2006 Dodge Charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

We MUST know what we are getting when we order also. The B&P Ford Mount (photo on B&P) shows a cheap mounting piece, tall push bar (covers "Bronco" and the front camera). I wonder if this is the old design photo. The winch bracket shown on B&P is NOT the nice one we have all seen at these local reveals (that has the horse stamped into both sides). Hopefully a photo oversight. That said, in December we MUST know what we are actually getting.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

hopefully, the winch package heavy ups the front springs to compensate for that lump cantilevered forward of the bumper

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
hopefully, the winch package heavy ups the front springs to compensate for that lump cantilevered forward of the bumper
There is zero chance of this...although that would definitely make me feel better about a $2500 price tag if they did!

JMV123

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford F350/2015 Subaru
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just buy a Smittybuilt X2o 10K winch with synthetic rope and remote for $550. Best bang for the buck!

Karl_in_Chicago

Badlands
First Name
Karl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just buy a Smittybuilt X2o 10K winch with synthetic rope and remote for $550. Best bang for the buck!
Or, if the Warn is really desired, don't buy it from Ford. Get it spec'd the way you want it - with synthetic - and get it at a discount, too, from your choice of resellers.

I wish SuperWinch was still an option, I thought their Exp series provided a nice alternative to Warn. As it is I'll probably go the Smittybuilt route myself; I like the XRC Gen3 series and you can't beat the pricing.

Sponsored

Chrism81

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Aftermarket will have what we need far cheaper than Ford. That price is ridiculous

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No synthetic rope because the profits for Ford were greater with the steel cable.
Sponsored