First Name
Jaime
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Camry TRD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
In 10 years you will not be able to buy anything bigger than a 2.0L 4 cylinder from Ford and that will be a part of a series hybrid. Bemoaning the V8s demise isn't a productive use of a group's energy and ultimately ineffective when we can be pushing for improvements in the dash instrument panel improvements and other upgrades that have real, material improvements in the form and function of this and other vehicles offered. Bitching about the lack of a V8 in this format is a losing strategy like old man shakes fist at sky. Go ahead and waste energy on something that will statistically never happen the way you wish it would. Your government is writing the V8 out of existence as I type this and they ain't ever coming back.

91sn32Q-2.jpg
I can see your position on it and it is logical. I would like to see a v8 Raptor version priced competitively with the 392, but I can live without a V8 as well. We were all shocked that the Wrangler got a V8 after many people including Jeep engineers said it wasn't ever going to happen. The 2.7 and the 3.0 are sufficient for me especially with a tune down the road. The BRaptor's suspension though is fire!!! Having a V8 sound to that would be badass... The 392 Wrangler is just not the right fit for a vehicle that doesn't soak up the terrain as the Bronco does...
Sponsored

cf_davey

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Cyber truck
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I can see your position on it and it is logical. I would like to see a v8 Raptor version priced competitively with the 392, but I can live without a V8 as well. We were all shocked that the Wrangler got a V8 after many people including Jeep engineers said it wasn't ever going to happen. The 2.7 and the 3.0 are sufficient for me especially with a tune down the road. The BRaptor's suspension though is fire!!! Having a V8 sound to that would be badass... The 392 Wrangler is just not the right fit for a vehicle that doesn't soak up the terrain as the Bronco does...
I could be wrong but it feels like the Jeep move was reactionary and not pre-meditated. I think they felt they needed to do something splashy. Will it work, who knows. I love my Bronco

omega145

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rubicon Recon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Given the size and price of this thing I'm not sure why people wouldn't just go for the F-150 raptor
Does the F150 Raptor have a removable top and doors? If so sign me up!

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Really? Because the F-150 manages to make all of them fit with the same transmissions and transfer cases if I remember correctly. The 5.0, 3.5, and 2.7 are all able to easily fit in the F150. This thing is 8+ inches wider, you can fit whatever you want under the damn hood.

The Coyote has a great power-band for Baja type racing, and although it doesn't fit the bill for an optimal slow speed power-band, honestly, rock crawlers don't need a ton of power. The 3.5 makes more sense than the 3.0, but Ford isn't going to dethrone the F-150 Raptor.
Dude...what? Nothing about what fits in an F150 has anything to do with what may or may not fit in a Bronco. They are completely different platforms in completely different classes. The Bronco isn't much, if at all, wider between the fenders than the Ranger it's based on. Just because it has big honkin flares and a wide stance that does not correlate to space in the engine bay 🙄🙄🙄. It's nowhere near as wide there as an F150. That "it's 8" wider" quote you've thrown out a few times doesn't support your argument the way you think it does. It's not wider where it matters.

Last edited:

Bonz50

First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 F150 S-Crew
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

I'd honestly be surprised if it wasn't for future emission problems. mopar has already announced the hellcat motor demise, hemi can't be farr behind, ford may be looking forward to the end of the coyote/voodoo engines and not bothering to tool a bronco for the additional size of a v8 that may only be around for 2 model years. seems prudent even if they aren't admitting it.

Sponsored

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are Explorer ST's out there blowing transmissions constantly? I don't understand why folks are so bent out of shape about this.
I have an ST with 37K miles. Powerplant & transmission have been flawless. I love the power and acceleration. I don't know what a Raptor with 37's will do, but the ST is a 143 MPH vehicle out of the box.

bajabronco57

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I would say my issue isn't with having a V8 in the Raptor, as I've said before I don't care if they put one in it. My issue is people here are wanting a "V8" and not citing any power gains it would result in. It's the old viewpoint that more cylinders mean more power which isn't the case anymore.

If I were picking ANY engine to put in the Raptor I would have gone with the 3.5L. If the Coyote V8 was an option compared to the current engine I'd have to dig deeper into it to figure out what is better. The 3.0L is "probably" lighter but the Coyote produces slightly more HP. I wouldn't blindly take the Coyote because it is a V8 though.

Do I want a 650HP engine in the Bronco Raptor? No. That is incredibly stupid if you actually take it off road given the suspension. This suspension is good, but it would not hold up at those speeds with that horsepower. You are basically putting trophy truck power in it without the trophy truck suspension.

For the people who don't plan to take this pre-running I don't know what to say, this isn't the Bronco for you then?

These Bronco's aren't going to make everyone happy, even with the ridiculous amount of trims we've been given you can see how split the community is.

It has also been said over and over again. ICE is going away in the future. Ford needs to pick and choose where they go and there is no incentive for them to put one in the Bronco.

TeocaliMG

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.brokeninnovation.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands non-sas 4 door manual
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This is precisely why I ordered the 2.3 Manual Badlands, it has the least intrusive electrical architecture and is a fertile basis for swapping in whatever I see fit, likely a 5.3 Liter LSx with twin turbskies... I live in a free state with no inspections/emissions requirements.
Exactly my line of thought but im looking at a diesel swap. On my drive to moab, after looking at my fuel economy, I added a few wrecked Duramax 3.0 I-6's to my watchlist lol too pricey still but a man can dream.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

How does this response build up the Bronco community? We are all excited for the return of the Bronco and yes, we will all have our idea of the perfect Bronco. Sharing that vision or applying pressure on Ford to compete with the 392 is fine with me. If you are tired of explaining why Ford hates V8 fans, then don't explain and move on to the next thread/comment instead of telling people to STFU.
It's not that Ford hates V8 owners tho. Jeep got the 392 in the Wrangler because it's not much bigger, in physical dimensions, than the Chevy LS motor which is swapped into everything under the sun. And even then they had to drop it A few inches lower into the frame than they normally would have liked. A cam in block pushrod motor is considerably narrower than a mod motor like the Coyote. Those huge cylinder heads created by having overhead cams are the problem. You're encroaching hard into the shock towers if they fit between them at all. Then you have to have X amount of room for proper airflow thru the engine bay and Y amount of room to meet crash standards and Z amount of room for....the only V8 motor in Ford's current arsenal that even makes a bit of sense from a physical packaging perspective is the Godzilla since it is also cam in block. And we're not getting a 7.3L N/A motor in the Bronco. And yes, there will probably be a shop or two that stuffs a 5.0L in a Bronco eventually. But they don't have to go thru all the legal crap that an OEM does. They don't have to warranty the work. And it'd be very hard to hold them liable if you got into a front end collision that punched that new mod motor or something behind it thru into the passenger compartment and killed you. Because ultimately you paid someone to alter the design that it was certified to.

Last edited:

gtx_bronc

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 3.0L always made the most sense🤷🏼‍♂️. The Coyote has a terrible powerband (high revving, lack of low end torque) for a heavy SUV if it fits at all and still leaves room for the necessary cooling and crash protection but "V8 noises". The 3.5L is a completely different block and would require a lot more engineering to fit and produce.
This ^^^^ I feel like everyone wanting a Coyote hasnt had one, they are a terrible truck engine but super fun in a Mustang.

Sponsored

2021WILDTRAKCDH

Wildtrak
First Name
Topher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
How does this response build up the Bronco community? We are all excited for the return of the Bronco and yes, we will all have our idea of the perfect Bronco. Sharing that vision or applying pressure on Ford to compete with the 392 is fine with me. If you are tired of explaining why Ford hates V8 fans, then don't explain and move on to the next thread/comment instead of telling people to STFU.
I guess Ike Turner has a close relative on this forum…I question why people get so angry about topics like this— then I remember the anger is about them and their lives / childhood experience.

Hawk296

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
No V8? They are still going to sell every one that they can build. A DOHC 4 valve per cylinder V8 won’t have the low or midrange torque that the turbo 6 will have. The V6 will make similar power. And as far as V8s go, coyotes don’t even sound that great.
Sponsored