Sponsored

Why no ventilated seats, HUD, or other luxury items?

linbackr99

Wildtrak
First Name
Todd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Raptor Crew
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Good luck actually getting a 21 KR for 60k . . . as mentioned - you're comparing two different vehicles and if you're looking for those specific amenities (and you won't find HUD on a KR either) the Bronco clearly is not for you! Best wishes going forward.
Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Shouldn’t there be a required reading thread upon registering entitled “QNTA” Questions Not To Ask” as kind of an alternate universe to FAQs. I just showed up to see how bad this was going to get.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The real question is why is there freaking carpet on the base model. It should be rubber floors.

johndeerefarmer

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 F150, '20 F350 Powerstroke
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Currently have a 2013 FJ, so you are wrong, but nice try there, weirdly passive aggressive poster. Pointing out the lack of certain features found on other trucks/suvs for the same price or even less of the Bronco is a good conversation point. For example, I bought my FJ new for $30k and it is bare bones but that is fine, because it was $30k. I wouldn't have considered it for $40k, as the bang for your buck goes out the window. Seems like Ford/Jeep definitely overcharges for what they are offering.

Ha! I have noticed that-just recently made an account and man, the amount of bitching, moaning, whining, and weird passive aggressiveness from some people here is a reminder of why most online forums for car communities are truly atrocious. Regardless, since I don't plan on buying a new car for over a year, interesting to see the changes added to the 2022 models and even the 2023 ones. I like that new green color they added though!
I have been on truck forums and others for over 16 years. This is one of the worst. LOTS of a$$holes... This forum reminds me of Facebook where everybody has balls that they don't have in real life.
As far as the OP's post goes. I agree they are overpriced as far as what you get for luxury items but on the other hand the Bilstein shocks are probably $4k so you have to account for that as well as the front locker, and stabar disc

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The real question should be why is there no standalone cold weather package like jeep offers....
So they have something to add in future years
For many years, Jeep didn't do creature comforts. Then they realized that the market demanded them.
Exactly. Regardless of how Joe schmoe or Sally feels should or shouldn't be in a vehicle, companies will add whatever the demand requests. It's about money end of the day. If enough people ask why Broncos don't include xboxs in the dash, then Ford will add it next year
Shouldn’t there be a required reading thread upon registering entitled “QNTA” Questions Not To Ask” as kind of an alternate universe to FAQs. I just showed up to see how bad this was going to get.
I have been on truck forums and others for over 16 years. This is one of the worst. LOTS of a$$holes... This forum reminds me of Facebook where everybody has balls that they don't have in real life.
I knew how this thread would go before I clicked.

You seem to get ppl in forums, one of 3 ways

1. Informative types (low percentage)
2. Those that just want to make jokes and memes
3. The passive aggressive types who think just because they don't like something, it must mean everyone else must think the way they do

Sponsored

Thed

Big Bend
First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 GX460 '16 Miata '67 F-100 '21 Streetfighter V4
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I see a Lexus GX 460 in your future.

Moparguy

Outer Banks
First Name
Mansour
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 MX5 GT - 2010 MX5 T
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's a nice option to have, I use heated seats every day during winter on all my cars equipped with them, I used to have ventilated seats on my Citadel Durango, boy I loved them, keep your ass cool, those who never had those features won't really understand, hopefully, we get cooled seats down the road.

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
5 pages of people telling him to buy something else? Never change internet.

Hossfire

Wildtrak
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep Commander
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Lighter colored seats show more dirt, no thanks. Leather on a base, is that available from any non luxury brand? I think MGV or some level of vinyl should be standard on the base, like a work truck F-150/F-250.
I agree that the MGV should be optional on all. I was really thinking about more of a medium grey.

I have a 2006 Jeep Commander Sport (base model). I hated all the chromed plastic on the luxury model. Mine was optioned up to have the (non-Hemi) V8, leather seats, bash plates, better speakers, etc. Black vinyl seats harkens back to the old days and my '73 Olds Cutlass w/ black vinyl seats. Hot as hell in the summer!

If I get the MGV, I may just get some seat covers.

Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

rmc523

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2009 Ford Flex; 2018 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After playing with the online builder since it came out and trying to decide if the next vehicle I buy in late 2022 will be a new F150 or Bronco, I have noticed a few things (that I am sure everyone else here has noticed): a very well optioned, 4 door Bronco gets really, really close to $60k, and for that much money in an F150, you can get an extremely luxurious F150. For just over $60k , you can get a short bed, 4 door F150 King Ranch that has ventilated seats, heated rear seats, rear AC vents, massage seats-just off the top of my head. I understand the Bronco is not the F150 and is geared towards being an off road beast, and that trucks and SUV's handle quite differently off roading, but it kind of makes me scratch my head why for almost $60k, the Bronco is missing a few things. I know ventilated seats need a blower/fan and having perforated seats with an open door, open roof vehicle would probably make them clogged, but for people who spend $60k on a Bronco, how many of them will actually tear around sand dunes with the doors and top off? Furthermore, plenty of F150s with the ventilated seats get used as legit work trucks and filthy-my dad's, for example, has muddy dogs, people, and Lord knows what else crawling all over the seats, and they still work fine/have held up. Same goes with the rear AC vents/ heated seats-I get that there is limited room to work with, but seems like they over looked a few things.

Could be nitpicking this to death as I am *extremely* excited to get my hands on one (hopefully) late next year, but was just something I noticed. Also, why doesn't Ford offer a HUD on the F150? Those are cool! I think even Chevy does on their trucks, and Ford imo has been kicking Chevy's butt the last few years. Anyways, any hopes/expectations that ventilated seats/HUDs/etc could get added relatively soon to the Bronco? Info has been trickling out for the 2022 model so maybe we will get pleasantly surprised? Driving on a hot day on the beach with ventilated seats on, no doors and no top seems pretty fun to me.
I agree with your line of thinking, despite the "if you want those, you should buy another vehicle" crowd.

I fully understand the reasoning of off-road oriented vehicle, meant to be easily cleaned, etc. But that doesn't mean they couldn't offer the option for people to choose for those that may not take it offroad all the time and want more creature comforts. I have a convertible Mustang with heated/cooled seats and have the cooled ones on almost all the time. I also wish Bronco would've gotten some of the tech in the rest of the lineup, like rain sensing wipers, lane centering, etc.. Like it or not, most people will use Broncos as daily drivers and not go offroad much. I don't view it as a crime to offer more "luxury" features, despite what some posters will tell you. If they don't like it, don't check that box.

I also feel that sometimes things may be an oversight (like the lack of rear vents) and then the default explanation is "off road, cleanability, etc.

That said, I would've liked to have seen what is now called the lux package been called "tech pack", and then had a separate "lux package" with things like cooled seats, upgraded interior materials (dash, door cards, center console, etc) - literally more "luxury" features in their own package so that they're not forced upon any of the "buy another vehicle" crowd.

If there is one benefit to being pushed back to '23 with the painted roof, it's that I hold out some hope for some additional options appearing by then. I don't expect something like the rear air vents to be fixed until a refresh, though - like '24 or '25 at the earliest - as that requires redesigning the center console as opposed to more plug-and-play type additions like seats or tech features would be.

Currently have a 2013 FJ, so you are wrong, but nice try there, weirdly passive aggressive poster. Pointing out the lack of certain features found on other trucks/suvs for the same price or even less of the Bronco is a good conversation point. For example, I bought my FJ new for $30k and it is bare bones but that is fine, because it was $30k. I wouldn't have considered it for $40k, as the bang for your buck goes out the window. Seems like Ford/Jeep definitely overcharges for what they are offering.

Ha! I have noticed that-just recently made an account and man, the amount of bitching, moaning, whining, and weird passive aggressiveness from some people here is a reminder of why most online forums for car communities are truly atrocious. Regardless, since I don't plan on buying a new car for over a year, interesting to see the changes added to the 2022 models and even the 2023 ones. I like that new green color they added though!
Yeah, you've got it figured out haha.

I am visiting less and less... it's turning into a jeep forum where people who want a practical vehicle, or dare I say luxury or two, are sneered at.

My Bronco will be my daily driver, and the reason it will be a Bronco and not a jeep is in part due to the relative luxury it offers.

But it seems that there will always be the crowd that believes playing on rocks on the weekends is somehow a morally superior use than for those ppl that actually need the utility, but who also want some comforts too.
Agreed here - also have been reading less and less here - it's mostly repeated complaint threads anymore.