Sponsored

Why not more choices with the manual transmission?

johnnyo68

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 ford f150, jeep grand cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Why the limited available packages and items when choosing the manual transmission? I have priced and built no less than six different bronco packages without the manual transmission and still found myself wanting more. I finally decided to reserve the basic package with the manual transmission and the small engine. I am getting less than I wanted, twenty thousand dollars less, but maybe less is more. I really wanted that stick shift.
Sponsored

dragon6172

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Why the limited available packages and items when choosing the manual transmission? I have priced and built no less than six different bronco packages without the manual transmission and still found myself wanting more. I finally decided to reserve the basic package with the manual transmission and the small engine. I am getting less than I wanted, twenty thousand dollars less, but maybe less is more. I really wanted that stick shift.
I dont know what you want....but if your willing to spend the extra 20k why not get the Badlands? Manual can be had with any package with that trim

Scohin

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I dont know what you want....but if your willing to spend the extra 20k why not get the Badlands? Manual can be had with any package with that trim
Yeah if you're wanting to spend 20k more than get a Badlands which Ford has said is the only trim you can get the packages with the manual

Sponsored

centra28

Badlands
First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Jeep Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I also think that there is something to this considering the limitations to the builds.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

i saw this comment yesterday on arstechnica that seems appropriate:

"I know it's an industry shift, but look at Boeing. They moved from an engineer led culture to an MBA led culture. I'd argue that we still know how to make airplanes (and they are complicated) but the wrong people are making calls and the disastrously bad results were inevitable."

US auto industry ==> MBA ==> stick shift

Norville

Black Diamond
First Name
Art
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 BMW 325i, 2012 Toyota Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Unpopular opinion (at least on forums ... ). Manuals on trucks / trail rigs are over-rated.

derpydestiny

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda 3 GT HB (MT)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I do not understand the fact that you can't get the manual even with the basic of upgrades that the Mid package is. It makes no sense.
Edit: Badlands being the exception to the rule. Yeah the manual is a small take but not everyone who wants the manual with a smidge of convenience can afford a $50000 vehicle.

Sponsored

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco 2-Door
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Unpopular opinion (at least on forums ... ). Manuals on trucks / trail rigs are over-rated.
This is not only an unpopular opinion but a misplaced comment. You're providing no value to this thread and did not address OPs concerns.

TommyBronco

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You may be right about the demand for manuals were higher than expected but I’m not sure I agree that the demand for manuals decreased because mid package is only available on the BL. I think the same people either moved up to the BL or settled on not having the packages. Not having a manual option on the 2.7 is a different story. There I’m sure people went with the auto for the bigger engine.

I agree with the OP and don’t understand why the mid package would not be available for the BD or BB when it’s available with the auto.

Ride Em Bronco

Big Bend
First Name
Al
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Jeep Liberty Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
"Loeffler also told Ford Authority that offering the manual with the V6 on the Bronco was a matter of demand. "If customers start asking for it, we’ll end up having to consider it," he said. If you're desperate for this setup, then keep pestering the automaker, and maybe the seven-speed would become available with the bigger engine."

Yes - we just need to keep on pestering and pestering more and then pestering even more! LISTEN UP FORD - WE WANT THE OPTION OF THE MANUAL WITH THE V6!!!

johnnyoc48

Base
First Name
john
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Base
"Loeffler also told Ford Authority that offering the manual with the V6 on the Bronco was a matter of demand. "If customers start asking for it, we’ll end up having to consider it," he said. If you're desperate for this setup, then keep pestering the automaker, and maybe the seven-speed would become available with the bigger engine."

Yes - we just need to keep on pestering and pestering more and then pestering even more! LISTEN UP FORD - WE WANT THE OPTION OF THE MANUAL WITH THE V6!!!
Yes. Please give the option of a manual transmissioon with the v6engine.
Sponsored