First Name
Sean
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Tundra and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Too expensive to build a vehicle overseas and ship it to the US. Sport will be made in Mexico, much cheaper.
By that logic we would have no import market. This would be no different than the 4Runner.
Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
You’ve probably got a point about the hipster market but I gotta disagree on the looks. The Sport looks like a smaller 4 door Transit.
I say it’s an evolved Ford Escape (before it was turned into a hatchback on stilts).
Ford Bronco Why not the Everest as Bronco Sport? 1597671383944

Ford Bronco Why not the Everest as Bronco Sport? 1597671495682

Ford Bronco Why not the Everest as Bronco Sport? 1597672442899

Ford Bronco Why not the Everest as Bronco Sport? 1597671672515

Ford Bronco Why not the Everest as Bronco Sport? 1597671839127

Ford Bronco Why not the Everest as Bronco Sport? 1597671049060

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I’m really confused as to why Ford wouldn’t just bring their Everest SUV here and call it the Bronco Sport. It’s also based on the Ranger and as such would have parts interchangeability and is such a better looking rig than the Sport. And like the Ranger, they build it overseas with a diesel and manual. Why Ford? Why don’t we get all the stuff here? It would be a legitimate alternative for those who want the capability but aren’t interested in the open air experience or retro style.
1597630000127.jpeg
I personally think it could sell here as Expedition Sport, I believe the market would accept it as just a smaller and trimmer version of the Expedition (yes, I am aware that the two are mechanically unrelated, I'm talking about market perception). A more truck-like alternative to Explorer for people who still want rugged (BOF) capability with three rows, in a less-than-fullsize package.

As far as the unibody Bronco Sport, Ford wanted an entry into that segment, especially with the Escape having gone in the opposite direction. It makes sense to link it to it's big brother, IMO.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Straight 6

Outer Banks
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The bronco sport looks 10x better and is more feasible to break into the hipster Subaru Outback territory ?
Just learned the Sport should be about the same size as my Outback, which the wife really likes, but it needs to be replaced .....
While the total volume may be similar, your initial but feeling that the outback is bigger is correct. The outback has a shorter cargo area, and a larger cargo footprint. The bronco sport much like the Forrester has a similar volume, but a lot of that is height which tends to be less useful.

Im really shocked that some of you seem to like the sport, I think it looks like a poor impersonation of the bronco, and a 3 cylinder powerplant makes it a non starter.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

While the total volume may be similar, your initial but feeling that the outback is bigger is correct. The outback has a shorter cargo area, and a larger cargo footprint. The bronco sport much like the Forrester has a similar volume, but a lot of that is height which tends to be less useful.
I had been wondering about that, but didn't have time to look for actual dimensions last night.
Thanks for the input.

Im really shocked that some of you seem to like the sport, I think it looks like a poor impersonation of the bronco, and a 3 cylinder powerplant makes it a non starter.

I get it, I'd totally love to get her her own Bronco, but....now recalibrate our reality checkers to her settings and consider the Sport needs to compare with the capability/ urban utility of the Outback...
that will be used by the Mrs. ,
who put all of 6k miles on her car last year.
Who will not drive in inclimate weather unless she has to, and thus prefers the "extra safety" of AWD for those times.
Offroad??? LOL, Does the edge of the driveway count?

By no stretch of the imagination does she need the abilities of the full on Bronco, but the AWD and high stance of the Sport/Outback/Forester do check a few of the boxes on her list.

She has no need for big power also.

Similar capabilities, just a more rugged look.
All the juice she needs to putter around town "looking for bargains".

JohnTaurus

Base
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
95 Taurus, 02 SVT Focus, 74 C10, 69 F100 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Base
I say it’s an evolved Ford Escape (before it was turned into a hatchback on stilts).

And it very much is intended to fill that role, only with more ruggedness and less trying to be everything to everyone.

Fuzion2Bronco

Base
First Name
Asher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Sponsored
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Bringing a two row Everest over would solve my dilemma picking between the bronco, explorer, or waiting on next gen 4runner

RedRiverRev

First Name
Herman
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nothing
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A BOF SUV would just eat up Bronco sales and be priced too similarly. Having an "entry" Bronco will build brand loyalty and allow younger people to get into the brand. They'll hopefully convert those sales into Broncos as their income grows.

But they also know that the Rav4 and CRV sells like hotcakes and people like tough looks and a dash of capability, so it fits that need as well. It slots between the Escape and the Bronco nicely.

There's a case to be made for a 4Runner competitor, but not as a Bronco Sport replacement. Let the Everest be the family off-roader by being the third-row alternative. I'm sure some guys/gals would like to get into the Bronco community but can't justify it without having something that can haul the entire family.
Sponsored