mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford focus st
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Before it was overlanding it was camping and i did plenty mostly cause i was cheap and had dogs with me .
Never liked the rtt at all for alot of the reasons stated ,there is alot to be said about having a home base. One time had an awesome spot and we packed up and left ,when we came back spot was taken if i would have left the tent we would have been okay.
Trailer is the way to go.
Sponsored

Nellman

Badlands
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Toyota Tundra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Can't do it with a Bronco but I love my truck bed tent. Leave everything in the tent and break it down folding it inward, make sure things are on top of it to keep it in truck bed and drive away.

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Just got done with a month-long overlanding trip across 15 states. The RTT made the trip amazing. Wife and dog with a king size bed. Literally two minutes to put up and two minutes to put down and all the bedding stays in the tent. Way better in bad weather than a tent on the ground in the water. I would say the only drawback is if you have too many beers and you have to get up and pee in the middle of the night. We planned the trip last year assuming we were going to have the new bronco so I had to go out and buy a Ranger in the meantime until the bronco gets here I have been super impressed with the 2.3 tons of power! Even loaded over gross with the sail on top it gets up and moves! I will be moving the RTT to the bronco whenever it gets here

D325E14C-9D0C-448B-B7D0-B770367BBCE4.jpeg

BB5B6CFC-80E4-4D44-9C3D-93C60D6FB696.jpeg

F9303DD7-BA1B-4F94-A909-8A586F7DAC85.jpeg

432A9866-903E-4AAA-881F-6DDC108249CC.jpeg

OP
OP
Daktari

Daktari

Badlands
First Name
Oliver
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badsquatch, Tacoma TRD Off Road, Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just got done with a month-long overlanding trip across 15 states. The RTT made the trip amazing. Wife and dog with a king size bed. Literally two minutes to put up and two minutes to put down and all the bedding stays in the tent. Way better in bad weather than a tent on the ground in the water. (...)
that sounds like an epic trip, and one of the cases where a RTT certainly helps, that's a lot of space you covered there!

B-Rad

First Edition
First Name
Brad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Bronco 1978 Bronco 2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
that sounds like an epic trip, and one of the cases where a RTT certainly helps, that's a lot of space you covered there!
It was a blast basically covered the entire western US 15 states and 14 national parks don’t think the wife would have had a good time on the ground in a tent. Never had any problems with the weight up high even doing fins n things and hells revenge at Moab can’t beat the view from your tree house either!

Ford Bronco why NOT to get a roof top tent 40552A97-F0E5-42BE-A084-71938971081E

Sponsored

Tonka Bronka

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F350, V60 Polestar, 900SS, K1300S, RnineT Racer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think they are very cool but my dog could not deal with that. A Malinois maybe, a Bullmastiff no way.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I have always thought a roof top tent is pointless. You need to take down your tent to move, you hae to climb a ladder to get up there, they cost a ton, terrible price point, and if it rains later when you get home you need to set it up to dry it.

Give me my standard car tent (non backpacking) and a cot and I am a happy camper. Way smaller to transport, and frees up your roof for other goodies like kayaks and a car topper.

They do look cool - I will give you that.

redone17

Black Diamond
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
At this point we are awaiting aftermarket rack/exo solutions. Otherwise the MIC can only hold a GFC Superlite. Not really practical for our needs.

I’m really hoping for a rack that allows you to remove the roof panels.

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You're spending $65K for the Bronco and are worried about 2 grand for a tent? And lower gas mileage-give me a break. There's hundreds of Jeeps with RTTs Without the roofs caving in.
Enjoy your roof top tent :cool:

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
You're spending $65K for the Bronco and are worried about 2 grand for a tent? And lower gas mileage-give me a break. There's hundreds of Jeeps with RTTs Without the roofs caving in.
Well, only $50K. But I get your point. Everyone has a limit. Plus, it's not always about hard dollars but value derived. I wouldn't use a $2K tent enough for the money. That same money is a 2.7 engine upgrade, nearly a Sasquatch, more than upgrading from Mid to High or about the same a High to Lux...lots of ways to spend that money differently.

Sponsored

TheSSBoz

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23' Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Look at this horrible piece of junk with an RTT on it...what was this guy thinking...I guess they never watched that youtube opinion piece...

Ford Bronco why NOT to get a roof top tent PXL_20210330_222647326
Ford Bronco why NOT to get a roof top tent PXL_20210330_221219949

JZZ

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The reason for RTTs in Florida - alligators and pythons.
Have seen alligators climb fences a ladder is just a challenge
Sponsored