Sponsored

Why only 5 color choices for 4-door First Edition?

Luke@LFF

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
So why not go all out rather than being lazy and just doing Ranger color? They have current Ford colors they should have thrown in. Kodiak Brown, grabber lime, twister orange. Retro looks, why not retro colors? Don’t say covid, this surely was in the works long before covid shut down in 3/20.
Ford sympathizer lol
I agree there should have been more solidified colors for the First Edition but they didn't want to throw all color options into the mix the first year. I work for Ford and believe me, I wish more colors were available on all of our models lol
Sponsored

Gamecock

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands / Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It's a special edition. I'm surprised it has as many color choices as it does.
They should have just made all of the FEs in one color not offered on the other trims...but it’s not really a “Special Edition”; it’s a trim level with nothing exclusive about it. Since that is the case, limiting it to only 5 colors is a little silly.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I agree there should have been more solidified colors for the First Edition but they didn't want to throw all color options into the mix the first year. I work for Ford and believe me, I wish more colors were available on all of our models lol
A Ford employee telling people to buy wranglers.

Bronc-O

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Lincoln Aviator
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
So why not go all out rather than being lazy and just doing Ranger color? They have current Ford colors they should have thrown in. Kodiak Brown, grabber lime, twister orange. Retro looks, why not retro colors? Don’t say covid, this surely was in the works long before covid shut down in 3/20.
Ford sympathizer lol
Bronco and Ranger are built on the same line. Likely be impractical to add colors not shared by both.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco and Ranger are built on the same line. Likely be impractical to add colors not shared by both.
In my opinion the Ranger is still an afterthought to the Tacoma. Maybe the Colorado. And let’s wait for the shootouts including the redesigned Frontier.
Fords aim should have been devastating the Wrangler. You don’t do that by doing what’s convenient. Same plant or not, they couldn’t have additional colors for a brand new vehicle, huge nameplate renaissance, with a 15 yr tease?

but if you say Ford has done all that they could do, I’ll accept it.

Sponsored

Luke@LFF

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
A Ford employee telling people to buy wranglers.
Everyone is complaining about every little thing possible and comparing these things to the Wrangler. And if you are saying that the lack of first year colors is going to stop Ford from devastating the Wrangler, you are terribly wrong lol.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Everyone is complaining about every little thing possible and comparing these things to the Wrangler. And if you are saying that the lack of first year colors is going to stop Ford from devastating the Wrangler, you are terribly wrong lol.
Ford dropped the ball and this is what happens when you don’t deliver. Jeep is making moves matching options Ford advertises, and they’re available to buy now.
Tell me, why are white hard tops available on 2021 Jeep Wranglers but not 2021 Ford Broncos?
Jeep has had white hard tops since the debut of the Chief trim a few years ago. Long before covid.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I just wonder about the folks who can't seem to decide between a half-dozen color choices. What would they do if they had a dozen choices...? Jump off a tall building? :rolleyes:

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Ford sympathizer lol
Beat me to it. Ranger and bronco share colors because they are built in the same plant.

Ford dropped the ball and this is what happens when you don’t deliver. Jeep is making moves matching options Ford advertises, and they’re available to buy now.
Tell me, why are white hard tops available on 2021 Jeep Wranglers but not 2021 Ford Broncos?
Jeep has had white hard tops since the debut of the Chief trim a few years ago. Long before covid.
Because as much as I love ford they under estimate things badly alot. Unless it's for F series but everything else they seem to botch something simple.

Gt350 was amazing but the next year the SS1LE Camaro almost matched its performance for 20k less, GT PP2 had essentially track duty tires and brakes suspension but no coolers and people were overheating them. Gt500 didnt come back till 2020, if you follow all tea leaves looks like it was supposed to come back in 2018....why didn't it? My guess is because the ZL1 was much better than they anticipated.

Things that should have easily been caught/fixed or planned for but didnt.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
spending $65K , as many as one wants.
That's not even full-tart Mustang money and somehow you're getting McLaren exclusivity?

If you want custom coach-works then go get it! Grab your Bronco and take it down to the best body shop you can find and get it re-sprayed.

$12,000-15,000 spent never felt so good! You're demanding "Pay to play" one-off hand holding yet quoting mass-production mid-level manufacturing.

With all due respect, custom colored seat belt material on a Porsche is ~$5K including labor, and your $65K in 2021 dollars isn't nearly as much as you're pretending it is.

Sponsored

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I just wonder about the folks who can't seem to decide between a half-dozen color choices. What would they do if they had a dozen choices...? Jump off a tall building? :rolleyes:
đź’‹

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Not wanting to settle is the key.

TJconvert2.7

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
That's not even full-tart Mustang money and somehow you're getting McLaren exclusivity?

If you want custom coach-works then go get it! Grab your Bronco and take it down to the best body shop you can find and get it re-sprayed.

$12,000-15,000 spent never felt so good! You're demanding "Pay to play" one-off hand holding yet quoting mass-production mid-level manufacturing.

With all due respect, custom colored seat belt material on a Porsche is ~$5K including labor, and your $65K in 2021 dollars isn't nearly as much as you're pretending it is.
You are quite the legend aren’t you.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

BroncoKong Jr.

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

In my opinion the Ranger is still an afterthought to the Tacoma. Maybe the Colorado. And let’s wait for the shootouts including the redesigned Frontier.
Fords aim should have been devastating the Wrangler. You don’t do that by doing what’s convenient. Same plant or not, they couldn’t have additional colors for a brand new vehicle, huge nameplate renaissance, with a 15 yr tease?

but if you say Ford has done all that they could do, I’ll accept it.
The Ranger is almost 10 years old. Next generation should debut later this year.
Sponsored