Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
NA
Your Bronco Model
Base
Oh, that’s possible. I meant a normal removable hard top a la Jeep haha
Same company can manufacture a proven ,solid, flawless top for jeep but a flimsy, plagued by issues, unfinished and subpar top for Ford. What gives?

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Same company can manufacture a proven ,solid, flawless top for jeep but a flimsy, plagued by issues, unfinished and subpar top for Ford. What gives?
New novel construction technique, in a completely new factory, with a completely new staff (when they can find staff)

airishfan

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
jeep cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

So this guy saying the Bronco was built to drive over speed bumps because thats all I need to know to be sold on buying one.

Sponsored

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I’m still getting used to the ride and handling in my FE. I sold my JLU just long enough ago for my muscle memory to have been completely rewritten by the only car I’ve been driving since, a much sportier and lower-slung car.

I will say the SAS doesn’t strike me nearly as soft as I was expecting on road vs. what some forum members have said. Many have claimed the SAS is much softer and more pleasant over road irregularities than non SAS, but I find mine to be firm enough that I’d really worry what a non SAS felt like if that were the case. It’s not more bumpy/firm than the Tesla, but it’s definitely not cloud-like in comparison either. Yes I’ve checked tire pressures (39 cold) and for any sort of transport-related suspension blocks.

So far I love it, just getting my bearings back and still learning the dimensions and maneuverability of it!
Maybe your driving experience has been more in line with softer/high-end vehicles with more road friendly suspension, and your perspective is a little skewed?

Not making assumptions, just trying to qualify your Broncos experience with mine today in a non-Sasquatch 4dr BL. I thought the ride was better than I was expecting, however I had just climbed out of my 21 Ranger, which tends to ride a little choppy……so maybe my perspective was slanted.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
softer/high-end vehicles with more road friendly suspension, and your perspective is a little skewed
Recently this is definitely true after the JL left the stable, though a 4runner used to have its place. I’ve usually had an on-road and off-road-ish focused vehicle. But it’s been about a year since I got rid of the JL, so that’s why I think I’ve kind of lost a good baseline for comparing the new rig.

The Tesla is definitely tuned for on-road, but it’s not soft (no air suspension like the higher end ones), and it has basically 0 sidewall. I think I could feel a quarter if I drove over it in the Tesla (definitely an exaggeration, but here in SLC I am constantly moving around on the surface streets to find the smoothest path possible; every manhole cover feels like you hopped a curb (parenthesis in parenthesis: this is also an exaggeration, but you get the point)).

Currently, the firmness of the ride over road irregularities registers firmer/closer to the Tesla end of the spectrum than what I remember of the JLU, but I could be misremembering, or just be completely misinterpreting my experience as I am still very excited and paying way too close attention every time I drive it… I’ll have to give it some more miles. Or, this could be a dynamic nature of the suspension; firm when you need it and when it benefits handling on road, and soft at slow speeds over obstacles… who knows!

Some of the comparisons I’ve seen just made it seem like SAS = old Cadillac softness and non-SAS = skateboard firmness and I’m just not sure how that could be true…

NM_21Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
People have been building this vehicle up for over a year like it was going to be some kind of rocket ship or something. It has an engine and 4 tires. It drives on the road. At the end of the day, it'll be parked in your garage and you'll drive it to work in the morning. Nothing life changing like they imagined.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Recently this is definitely true after the JL left the stable, though a 4runner used to have its place. I’ve usually had an on-road and off-road-ish focused vehicle. But it’s been about a year since I got rid of the JL, so that’s why I think I’ve kind of lost a good baseline for comparing the new rig.

The Tesla is definitely tuned for on-road, but it’s not soft (no air suspension like the higher end ones), and it has basically 0 sidewall. I think I could feel a quarter if I drove over it in the Tesla (definitely an exaggeration, but here in SLC I am constantly moving around on the surface streets to find the smoothest path possible; every manhole cover feels like you hopped a curb (parenthesis in parenthesis: this is also an exaggeration, but you get the point)).

Currently, the firmness of the ride over road irregularities registers firmer/closer to the Tesla end of the spectrum than what I remember of the JLU, but I could be misremembering, or just be completely misinterpreting my experience as I am still very excited and paying way too close attention every time I drive it… I’ll have to give it some more miles. Or, this could be a dynamic nature of the suspension; firm when you need it and when it benefits handling on road, and soft at slow speeds over obstacles… who knows!

Some of the comparisons I’ve seen just made it seem like SAS = old Cadillac softness and non-SAS = skateboard firmness and I’m just not sure how that could be true…
Perhaps find a dealership with a demo (either Sasquatch, or not) and take it for a spin so you’ll have a frame of reference and satisfy yourself that the ride is or isn’t unique to your specific Bronco.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Perhaps find a dealership with a demo (either Sasquatch, or not) and take it for a spin so you’ll have a frame of reference and satisfy yourself that the ride is or isn’t unique to your specific Bronco.
I drove a SAS BB at my dealer a couple days before pickup, felt the same. I think I had just been thrown off by forum commenters on what it “should” feel like. I’m in no way complaining or saying it’s uncomfortable, just to be clear!

Sponsored

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Lots will be flipped, mostly for profit IMO

When I was picking mine up, my salesman, the finance guy, and other employees all said if they were me they’d run home and list on eBay given how much they are going for. The finance guy straight up told me he only ordered to resell and won’t even take delivery if prices have come down to earth by the time his arrives. Said he has 2 heavily modified Jeeps and no desire to actually buy and keep the Bronco.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Lots will be flipped, mostly for profit IMO

When I was picking mine up, my salesman, the finance guy, and other employees all said if they were me they’d run home and list on eBay given how much they are going for. The finance guy straight up told me he only ordered to resell and won’t even take delivery if prices have come down to earth by the time his arrives. Said he has 2 heavily modified Jeeps and no desire to actually buy and keep the Bronco.
I’m not exactly sure why, but this makes me a little sad.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I’m not exactly sure why, but this makes me a little sad.
It was a strange sentiment to encounter, given this is my first FoMoCo purchase. I feel like the dealership should be pumping me up on the vehicle and the brand rather then encouraging scalping or getting rid of my first Ford immediately after purchase!

broadicustomworks

Badlands
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 Z71, 06 VTX1300, 94 Cobra, 21 BL Bronco 4dr.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just took a 4dr BL, 2.3 Auto, CO, Mid pkg, optional 33’s for a 1hr test drive.

A few things surprised me……some good some bad, but the overall experience left me not wanting to return it to the dealership.

Good surprises:
- The Cyber Orange looked really good and definitely stands out on the road.
- The 2.3 felt better than expected in the heavy 4dr BL. I have the same engine in my 21 Ranger, but I feared the extra weight would make it feel sluggish…….that wasn’t the case at all.
- Driving around town and on the interstate with the soft top folded back was a bit liberating……more involved in the driving experience and what was going on around me.

Not so good surprises;
- The musical experience coming from the standard sound system was underwhelming to say the least. It annoyed me so much I just turned it off. I was considering dropping from Lux to High and some other changes to increase my scheduling odds, but not after hearing that
- When I first climbed in, the MPG showed 14.4 with a little over 200 Miles….however, I must have babied it and after driving for an hour the average went up to 15.2

Like I said, overall nice ride. Was hoping for something more similar to my build (BL 2dr, AMB, Sas, Lux, 2.7) but beggars can’t be choosers…..and it reassured my preferences for 2dr and Lux….I could live with the 2.3, but only with the MT.

I did drive by another Ford dealership up the road about 15 miles and saw a 4dr Sas in Area 51, but by the time I dropped my demo off and went back to take that one for a spin it was driving off the lot.
F85AF034-4EB9-4589-BA0E-24E2BE680E46.jpeg
8A072DC6-90FC-438D-ADAB-5587DA9228A5.jpeg
207435FC-B985-489A-A091-171B2751C6BB.jpeg
5FFF9869-6F74-4FD8-8179-6C03357A308D.jpeg
Y’all are really trying to tempt me with this golden metallic paint. Or is it Ford trying to tempt all of us?
Either way, I saw it in person (in the shade) on a Sport at SuperCel, thought it was pretty cool but not for the big Bronco.
All of these sunlit (great) pics have got me seriously considering it.
Sponsored