Sponsored

Why so many Outerbanks available for sale at dealerships?

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
Per Ford, dealers were only allowed to order low trim 4-door soft tops. Most of us don't actually believe Ford anymore of course.

So, most dealer orders will be either Big Bend or Outer Banks 4-door soft tops. And since those would be "spec" orders, even the Big Bends probably have automatics.
Sponsored

OP
OP
tmal1005

tmal1005

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Per Ford, dealers were only allowed to order low trim 4-door soft tops. Most of us don't actually believe Ford anymore of course.

So, most dealer orders will be either Big Bend or Outer Banks 4-door soft tops. And since those would be "spec" orders, even the Big Bends probably have automatics.
Good to know, this will get more Broncos on the streets though, if they ever want to hit jeep numbers they need to get those models on the roads, and make the Dealerships stop the $15-20k mark ups

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
and make the Dealerships stop the $15-20k mark ups
The dealerships are already (slowly) doing this on their own.

When I picked up my Bronco from my dealership a couple weeks ago, we were discussing ADM in general, and the sales manager admited that while they would still try to get $15-20k on something desirable like a 2-door Wildtrack or Badlands, any 4-door soft tops would be at MSRP.

Nobody here is getting dealer spec Broncos though. Enough folks in Phoenix were willing to switch to a soft top on their own.

OP
OP
tmal1005

tmal1005

Base
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ordered 2021 bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

The dealerships are already (slowly) doing this on their own.

When I picked up my Bronco from my dealership a couple weeks ago, we were discussing ADM in general, and the sales manager admited that while they would still try to get $15-20k on something desirable like a 2-door Wildtrack or Badlands, any 4-door soft tops would be at MSRP.

Nobody here is getting dealer spec Broncos though. Enough folks in Phoenix were willing to switch to a soft top on their own.
Iā€™m definitely willing to do something like the dealer spec ones, soft top, mid package, rear lockers are definitely good enough for meā€¦Iā€™ve been interested in the heritage but I have a feeling they will make very limited numbers since they are standard with Sasquatch package and mid package

F96FD80C-B7AB-4F54-ACDC-49FC74449EDC.jpeg

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Iā€™m definitely willing to do something like the dealer spec ones, soft top, mid package, rear lockers are definitely good enough for meā€¦Iā€™ve been interested in the heritage but I have a feeling they will make very limited numbers since they are standard with Sasquatch package and mid package

F96FD80C-B7AB-4F54-ACDC-49FC74449EDC.jpeg
Rear lockers were the best $795 I spent on my OBX. I even got the lux pkg and that didnā€™t slow up my order.

Seems like 2dr and any trim with SAS are the biggest hold up. No coincidence theyā€™re the last trims getting ADM.

Sponsored

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Saw a local guy driving his Outerbanks the other day. I was surprised to see the OB badging based on the fender flair delete, aftermarket rims / tires and complete aftermarket suspension system. I couldnā€™t help but wonder at the irony if that rig was running around with open diffs (I have no way of knowing, but it would be funny - funny haaaa - not funny ha ha.) But hey, itā€™s his Bronco and his soap. . .

Not only is it his Bronco to wash as he sees fit, but heā€™s miles ahead of me. He has a Bronco. I have an order and a dream.

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Saw a local guy driving his Outerbanks the other day. I was surprised to see the OB badging based on the fender flair delete, aftermarket rims / tires and complete aftermarket suspension system. I couldnā€™t help but wonder at the irony if that rig was running around with open diffs (I have no way of knowing, but it would be funny - funny haaaa - not funny ha ha.) But hey, itā€™s his Bronco and his soap. . .

Not only is it his Bronco to wash as he sees fit, but heā€™s miles ahead of me. He has a Bronco. I have an order and a dream.
My wifeā€™s OBX and mine both with the rear locker. They are perfectly capable rigs.
Ford Bronco Why so many Outerbanks available for sale at dealerships? 52036447-D301-4347-8877-3558736BDB1B
Ford Bronco Why so many Outerbanks available for sale at dealerships? E135DB93-E6AF-434A-8BD7-5BDAE6A4E509

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
My wifeā€™s OBX and mine both with the rear locker. They are perfectly capable rigs.
Ford Bronco Why so many Outerbanks available for sale at dealerships? E135DB93-E6AF-434A-8BD7-5BDAE6A4E509
Yup, you have two, and I have none (Well played). Iā€™m not pissing on Outerbanks at all. The right check boxes checked and Iā€™d be happy. Hell, I actually am one of the few who likes Navy Pier. Hell, Katzkins version of Navy Pier (stock Katzkins option on their website) is amazing.

He probably has lockers, and if not with the suspension that guy was rocking he probably thinks he doesnā€™t need them cause he never has to slow down. This was a full kit, uppers / lowers / Fox remote reservoirs, etc. who knows, car shows? Owns a suspension shop? Treacherous Level 8 Mall lots?

Last edited:

Hdscreens

Badlands
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2dr Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Glad you guys are seeing with the rear lockers. Majority of OB in my area only have open diffs but then again terrain is mostly flat around these parts so those are perfect for mall crawler peeps.

OmahaKevin

Outer Banks
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Mustang GT, 2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I ordered Outerbanks SAS in mid October, one week later got build date of Dec 5. Do they manufacture in groups? Also seems like way more eruption green lately and I got that too.
I ordered a non-SAS OBX in Jan 2021 and again in Oct 21 and again in Oct 22 and still no build date. ā˜¹

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Rear lockers were the best $795 I spent on my OBX
It's a screaming good deal too vs aftermarket lockers. I just dropped double that for a Dana 60 e-locker and that doesn't include installation.

604Bronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

ā€˜21OBX

Outer Banks
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 bronco outer banks
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup, you have two, and I have none (Well played). Iā€™m not pissing on Outerbanks at all. The right check boxes checked and Iā€™d be happy. Hell, I actually am one of the few who likes Navy Pier. Hell, Katzkins version of Navy Pier (stock Katzkins option on their website) is amazing.

He probably has lockers, and if not with the suspension that guy was rocking he probably thinks he doesnā€™t need them cause he never has to slow down. This was a full kit, uppers / lowers / Fox remote reservoirs, etc. who knows, car shows? Owns a suspension shop? Treacherous Level 8 Mall lots?
Hopefully you get yours (if youā€™re still waiting) soon! They donā€™t give them away thatā€™s for sure!

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered a non-SAS OBX in Jan 2021 and again in Oct 21 and again in Oct 22 and still no build date. ā˜¹
Sorry, to be clear I had a reservation from July 2020 and that was what I converted to an order. Hope it works out soon for you.

Snacktime

Black Diamond
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco, F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Looks like they are playing the money game. Most optioned Big Bends get into the same price range as a Basic OBX. It's a smart move as most people moving up from small/mid size SUVs want all the safety alerts and a nicer interior.

I think it's funny how many of you think open diffs are mall crawling. My 3.73 Big Bend I had was pretty awesome offroad for what it was.
Sponsored