Sponsored

Why so many Outerbanks available for sale at dealerships?

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I can’t find an OBX in az to save my life.
Sponsored

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I just test drove a black diamond and OuterBanks tonight, both just arrived on the truck with 9 other ones today, they are selling them all as dealer stock for MSRP
Can you tell me which dealership please?!

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Rusty Eck Ford Wichita Ks
Thanks! All soft tops. I did see one I loved at don, but it was missing Lux. Kansas dealerships do things right. Gonna buy from them and transport.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I can’t find an OBX in az to save my life.
There's a dealership (not Ford) next to the Lowes in North Scottsdale that has an Eruption Green softie for sale. I know nothing else about it.

Sponsored

Shesadragon

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

The Outer Banks is the like Bronco-equivalent to the Jeep Sahara: Think painted fenders.
That’s why I like it. There are other models I like more, but I hate the black plastic fenders on the other trims. I don’t really understand why they can’t make that an option on all trims. I honestly wish they would just let you build your own and have all the options for each trim, besides time and cost. I’d pay a premium to do so.

prospectfour

Outer Banks
First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Bronco, '18 Tiguan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I didn't read every response. My opinion is the OBX is more of what Ford sees as a middle and upper-middle opportunity for mass production that has fewer materials constrains and that they cand deliver to dealers to keep their production numbers up to meet sales goals. Not sure why this seems to be a surprise or question by anyone.
It’s pretty simple, the OBX is just the Bronco Sahara. The Badlands is the Rubicon. The only difference being the Sasquatch package is available on every trim level which blurs the lines.

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
There's a dealership (not Ford) next to the Lowes in North Scottsdale that has an Eruption Green softie for sale. I know nothing else about it.
Infinity Nissan. it's about $10-12k over sticker.

NVCowboy

Big Bend
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 F350. 2022 Big Bend (Sasquatch)
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
To be fair the search parameters were pretty broad. Outerbanks, AZ, save a life. Just trying to help.

Sponsored

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I think Ford assumed OBX would target the more interior and exterior luxury, non-off-road buyers. But when they removed some of the options that made Wildtrak unique, many of us realized an optioned up OBX with SAS (add modular bumper, 2.7L, high or lux package, aux switches basically) gave us a luxury Wildtrak with side step, paint matched mirrors and handles, and better seat and interior options, minus a stupid Wildtrak sticker. I switched from WT to OBX to do this and know tons of others who did as well. I bet it left them with a ton of mall princess builds, which are 2.3 soft tops with mid package.
That’s exactly why, and how, I ordered my OBX. We’re on the same page.

John Auer

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Nautilus, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

This is exactly why I went with an OBX Sasquatch. I'm not a rock crawler and can live without the sway bar disconnect, but I did want F&R lockers, painted door handles and mirror caps, and the roast interior is the best option IMO!
I spoke with my local dealer here in NWFL and they are charging $15k above MSRP for orders coming in that are not picked up by original buyers. Absolutely crazy and so frustrating but that is supply and demand for you. :(
Supply and demand works as it should. 😎

Mikesmallcrawler21

Base
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
14 F150 screw
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Early on during all the constraints, OB 2.3 auto soft tops open diffs were easy to walk in and order and get withing 2 months. Plus I think a lot were bought for significant other, and they didn't end up liking the Bronco due to noise... so they have been trading them back in locally.

OuterJersey

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda, Toyota,VW, Lexus, Triumph, Honda MC
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I ordered OBX with SAS and high. Will now add better leather for cheaper and a better bumper although I don’t mind the mod bumper but why no fog lights? I can wire in a new bumper with lights to the fog light switch in OBX trim level. Not a bunch of 4 wheeling opportunities in NJ so I was more concerned with it as a daily driver. This will be a first time without a PU truck though..hopefully I won’t be sorry on that.
Sponsored