Sponsored

why so much delays on Broncos that are built?

Fubar94

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Escape, 1966 Cobra MkIV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Can anyone provide a reasonable answer to why so many Broncos are sitting, completed, waiting for shipping? If it is built, ship it I know Ford ships 100's of vehicle each week, why not focus on those that already have buyers waiting to take them home?

Built 9/1 ... estimated delivery 9/11. no 9/16. no 9/19 sure to get another delay by Saturday.
Sponsored

XirallicBolts

Outer Banks
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Flex EcoBoost, 2010 Milan
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
No roofs and they're not going to ship just 1 or 2 cars across the country. They have to schedule and fill trains to given regions and schedule the transport from railyard to individual dealers.

Sponsored

WhiteMamba

First Edition
First Name
Derek
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco FE, 2015 F350 2010 Focus 1995 F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Can anyone provide a reasonable answer to why so many Broncos are sitting, completed, waiting for shipping? If it is built, ship it I know Ford ships 100's of vehicle each week, why not focus on those that already have buyers waiting to take them home?

Built 9/1 ... estimated delivery 9/11. no 9/16. no 9/19 sure to get another delay by Saturday.
you are crying you don't have your Bronco with a built date of September 1st? You aren't going to get any sympathy around here when people been waiting on Broncos built in early June.

MudHorse

Badlands
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
66 Mustang Convertible, 2012 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Chips is what I heard?

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You should dig in and read this thread.
https://www.bronco6g.com/forum/threads/poll-bad-batch-soft-tops-or-qc-purgatory.22420/

especially, read @LAbronco 's post about the details they got on their delay. That might not be your exact answer, but it's a picture that helps answer your question.

And you gotta stop touching yourself at night.

Headsong

Black Diamond
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Black Diamond non squatch 4 door softtop v6
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

you are crying you don't have your Bronco with a built date of September 1st? You aren't going to get any sympathy around here when people been waiting on Broncos built in early June.
Thank you. Oh so kind. They're waiting 2 weeks, wow. Boggles the mind. I can't even remember then.

Sponsored

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
because they are not built (which includes quality assurance checks), they may be 94.9% finished, but they are not 'built' until 100% finished with any required quality checks

DirtMountainMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Woody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 FJ
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

OP has a soft top built just two weeks ago on 9/1. Why are you assuming it is still at MAP awaiting shipment?
I am pretty sure that when you get a delivery date estimate then it is in route right? Others who have received their rig maybe able to confirm.

You maybe in the hands of the rail gods in route to VA? There are other threads on how to track your rail shipment.

UberGadgetFreak

First Edition
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 FE Bronco 22 FE Mav, 23 Mav Tremor, 03 Marauder
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Things to note:
They don't ship them out individually.
Once they enter 'shipping' stage. they get sent to a railyard or carrier depot to be shipped out.
They wait until they have enough to go to a specific region rail depot to load them in a railcar or hauler if close enough.
Then the shipment moves....
The shipment may stop at other depots on the way to unload other vehicles.
After its unloaded at the destination depot, a local transport has to coordinate logistics to get it to a dealership.
And local carriers also have to coordinate delivery from the railyard to dealerships to try and take as many at once. If yours is the first for your dealership, it may sit and wait for a few more before they get carried 'the last mile'.

It can take a few weeks to make it through the whole process. This is why anything less than 4 weeks from production to dealer is considered a "miracle" condition outside those in the immediate area of the production facility. 4-6 weeks is normal once it enters the shipping process. Anything longer than six weeks means either there's a backup, your dealer rarely gets new vehicles. or an 'event' happened like a derailment or something prevents unload/load at the railyard like a major weather event, etc.

OP
OP
Fubar94

Fubar94

Outer Banks
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350, 2013 Escape, 1966 Cobra MkIV
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Update. The online order tracking still shows my Bronco in shipping, however I picked it up at the dealer yesterday! And I agree with all those who have said it is worth the wait.
Ford Bronco why so much delays on Broncos that are built? 20210918_114144
Sponsored