Sponsored

Why so much unnecessary stress over emails? Ford is doing exactly what they told me.

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
I reserved a Base Bronco on July 14 (picture attached).

I have been told for weeks (months?) that:

1. FE would get preference, as they should. They are paying DOUBLE the cost of my build.
2. Demo/Test Drive builds would be also be made first.
3. I would get an estimate by MAY on the timing of my build and may get the options to change it. Last I checked it is not MAY.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

There is no flaw with Ford communications. It is not the end or the world if you did not get an email. Seriously, I cannot understand all of this unnecessary stress from some of the people posting here. Please stay calm and be reasonable with the expectations that Ford has set and are very likely to meet or exceed.

Ford Bronco Why so much unnecessary stress over emails? Ford is doing exactly what they told me. Canoe Front
Sponsored

BlueOvalBandit

Badlands
First Name
Kenneth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
In short, people like to bitch. Ford's ahead of schedule and because some didn't get the golden ticket the sky is falling. If they were behind schedule it would be the same. I'd they were on time people will say they've know about this for a year why is it taking so long?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I reserved a Base Bronco on July 14 (picture attached).

I have been told for weeks (months?) that:

1. FE would get preference, as they should. They are paying DOUBLE the cost of my build.
2. Demo/Test Drive builds would be also be made first.
3. I would get an estimate by MAY on the timing of my build and may get the options to change it. Last I checked it is not MAY.

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING HAS CHANGED.

There is no flaw with Ford communications. It is not the end or the world if you did not get an email. Seriously, I cannot understand all of this unnecessary stress from some of the people posting here. Please stay calm and be reasonable with the expectations that Ford has set and are very likely to meet or exceed.

Ford Bronco Why so much unnecessary stress over emails? Ford is doing exactly what they told me. Canoe Front

You are correct that is what Ford has told us. You are also correct that May has not yet arrived. I suspect some of the stress is coming from dealer communications. Unfortunately, we are not buying directly from Ford. Perhaps the best action plan is to avoid dealer contact until after the May email.

elnorte

Badlands
First Name
Seth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford's ahead of schedule.
This is not an accurate statement. Ford has adjusted the timeline a few times.

Beyond that, yeah some people are freaking out over an email.

My joke was I got an email from Ford, about my zero balance Ford rewards points.

Firefight911

Wildtrak
First Name
Phil
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco 4-door Wildtrak, Eruption Green
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Well, there has been a change....priority ordering came into the mix without warning or communication. Is this a huge deal in the big picture? No, except that it is about 3000-3200 vehicles that jumped to the front of the line, ahead of everyone else. This will, potentially, push the same number of people back and into the drop zone of a '21 to a '22. Again, that makes things about a two-week difference. The issue that comes out of this scenario is what most are expressing, compounded by the already experienced delays, whether they are Ford induced or not.

Sponsored
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
This is not an accurate statement. Ford has adjusted the timeline a few times.

Beyond that, yeah some people are freaking out over an email.

My joke was I got an email from Ford, about my zero balance Ford rewards points.
I am referring to the expectations Ford set when I finalized my order.

Crazy to hold them to a ridiculous standard based estimates from almost a year ago because of COVID, the fact that there likely has been outbreaks in a supplier plant and the chip shortage.

Try getting an order in for ANY NEW VEHICLE. It is the same everywhere.

I have a zero balance on my FP points. It does not bother me. As long as I get my expected points when I get my vehicle, it does not matter. Why would I get stressed over that? Perhaps they want to make sure that I get the Bronco, to get the points? It could be as simple as that?

Last edited:
OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
You are correct that is what Ford has told us. You are also correct that May has not yet arrived. I suspect some of the stress is coming from dealer communications. Unfortunately, we are not buying directly from Ford. Perhaps the best action plan is to avoid dealer contact until after the May email.
Maybe I am lucky, but I communicate with my Dealer Sales Guy on a regular basis and he is totally transparent and in 100% agreement with Ford communications.

OP
OP
Pancho Kornwallace

Pancho Kornwallace

Base
First Name
Pancho
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Base
Well, there has been a change....priority ordering came into the mix without warning or communication. Is this a huge deal in the big picture? No, except that it is about 3000-3200 vehicles that jumped to the front of the line, ahead of everyone else. This will, potentially, push the same number of people back and into the drop zone of a '21 to a '22. Again, that makes things about a two-week difference. The issue that comes out of this scenario is what most are expressing, compounded by the already experienced delays, whether they are Ford induced or not.
OR... maybe they can simply make MORE vehicles in '21 than they thought. Maybe it is a ZERO week difference, rather than a 2-week difference because they now think they can start two weeks earlier.

Sponsored

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I was stressing a bit Thursday because I thought I had a chance, and I needed to be in that first batch to have my Bronco in time for my summer vacation. Come Friday I was over it and even called my dealer to add on towing, which I had left off in case it caused a delay. Accepting that it won't get here in time was relieving.

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Maybe I am lucky, but I communicate with my Dealer Sales Guy on a regular basis and he is totally transparent and in 100% agreement with Ford communications.
You are indeed fortunate. Unfortunately, many forum members including myself, are not so lucky. Although some might say misery likes company, not sure about the collective “misery” which surrounds this roller coaster ride to owning a Bronco. Some are clearly experiencing “motion sickness”.

When all is said and done, there will be Broncos in driveways. Some may simply shake their heads when reminded of the journey. Others may not be amused. An interesting aspect of the collateral damages might be a drop in the frequency and volume of forum members utilizing/posting on the threads. Our collective minds might just need a rest. One could say a rest is well deserved!

tonyxit

Base
First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I had 2 first day reservations that I have cancelled...mainly due to all the drama and angst...spent too much time reading this forum...it was fun early on....but just too much negative wore me out....I may still buy one but will wait till all this shakes out....I am sure Ford will build plenty to go around in time....

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model