Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Bronco R that is back in action uses the same 2.7l and frame as our Broncos that will be in our garages. But that's not all...per The drive.com:

As well as participating in the race for glory, Ford also says it's using the time in Mexico to tune up the "Baja Mode" for its Terrain Management System. The brand says the mode will attempt to optimize throttle response using some manner of anti-lag, a strategy that was first deployed in the Ford GT's EcoBoost engine. The mode will also include a more aggressive shift mapping for maximum engine torque at the wheels at any given moment. That sounds to me like Baja mode will be the Bronco's "Sport" setting.
Sponsored

Megawatt

First Name
JO
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lifted Rubicon usually off-road.
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
You young guys will not remember but the saying is...

Race on Sunday, sell on Monday.

Meaning you take what you learn on the track On race day Sunday and apply it to the customer vehicles.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Bronco R that is back in action uses the same 2.7l and frame as our Broncos that will be in our garages. But that's not all...per The drive.com:

As well as participating in the race for glory, Ford also says it's using the time in Mexico to tune up the "Baja Mode" for its Terrain Management System. The brand says the mode will attempt to optimize throttle response using some manner of anti-lag, a strategy that was first deployed in the Ford GT's EcoBoost engine. The mode will also include a more aggressive shift mapping for maximum engine torque at the wheels at any given moment. That sounds to me like Baja mode will be the Bronco's "Sport" setting.
If the modes are anything like the Raptor, Baja mode and Sport mode are completely different.

Hey19

Badlands
First Name
JJ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands 2dr 7spd, 1966 A code Mustang coupe
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is all very cool to me and the Bronco R is ?

Felix808

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
After 746 days, a MY22 4-door Badlands Bronco :-)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

You young guys will not remember but the saying is...

Race on Sunday, sell on Monday.

Meaning you take what you learn on the track On race day Sunday and apply it to the customer vehicles.
Sounds like you forgot it too :p " Win on Sunday sell on Monday" ;)

Sponsored

Old Guy

Big Bend
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep JKU, Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I think its cool stuff. I think it will make zero difference on sales of this vehicle. I was at the Portland event today. The guys in line I was talking to, didn't even know the name of the color they bought, or remember exactly what they ordered. Baja race will mean nothing to anyone aside from a few. I think its cool, but it doesn't mean much to me either.