Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Rogue
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I went to a Bronco event the other day and while they weren’t looking I clicked on the screen and “fumbled” my way through the options. Found an mpg of 18.7mpg. I don’t know how accurate this is because it would be mostly from loading and unloading the vehicle I assume. They wouldn’t tell me anything about the mpg though

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I figured we would know the city/ highway and combined MPG numbers by now since they are in production, yet it is still remains a mystery. Is this normal for a
new vehicle release, or is it because it is more complicated with a Bronco to figure out compared to most vehicles?

it seems like the Bronco has so many variables besides just 2 door/4door and engine size. We can get different size tires on same model, we have the option of 2 wheel drive, 4 wheel drive, normal, eco, sports mode, etc., doors off/on, soft top/mic top, front row top panels off,front and middle row tops off or all of the top pieces off...could this be why they aren’t giving us the numbers yet?
The JL Wrangler EPA rating is around 20mpg, give or take depending on how equipped. But real world JL drivers are claiming significant differences depending on version and if having added larger tires and lifts. In some cases 4mpg reduction with some larger tires and lift. The JL S owners with mostly unmodified rigs seem to be getting the best mpg 20 and above.

Bottom line for Bronco, there will be a mpg penalty for that Sas equipped rig, how much remains to be seen. If wanting better mpg, don't go overboard with tires/lift/gearing. Also consider 2-door because some 4-door Bronco versions are nearly 1000lbs heavier. You don't get to haul around 1000lbs without some mpg penalty.

beachman101

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
so far the two main readings we have seen on pre production broncos are anywhere from 15-17mpg

and the second set that are much higher at 20mpg

So its likely the up armored first editions/badlands with big tires will take a hit which is a shame. Might also want to take into consideration that these test vehicles are almost positively not riding around in eco mode. But blasting through sand all day in baja
Sponsored