First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
74 Ford Bronco, RAM 3500,
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The 2020 Ranger has Lightning Blue, not sure if the 2021 will or not...but why wouldn't Bronco use LB when it will be made in the same plant as Ranger. If LB was an option over VB, I would be set on color! I prefer the darker Lightning Blue...
Do more people like Velocity of Lightning?
The polls look like it but I’m with you, Lightning Blue would be my first choice! Because it’s not offered I’m torn between AB and Carbonized Grey.
Sponsored

OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The polls look like it but I’m with you, Lightning Blue would be my first choice! Because it’s not offered I’m torn between AB and Carbonized Grey.
I had a chance to look at Antimatter Blue in person, and was totally turned off. Its too dark for me, and there was no hint of metallic paint unless under direct light. Some may like it, but I ruled it out after seeing it up close.
Carb. Grey is nice, but a coworker just got a Gladiator in just about the same color, and I don't want to match him.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
As always to each their own and thankfully there is plenty to pick from. IMO the AMB is to dark fro what i personally want. It is to dark and almost looks black in many of the examples that have been provided.

It could have potential if there were visual changes at different angles and lighting. However it appears if comes off really dark in most settings.

I have a 75 bronco and it is an original oem blue with a white top, I love the look.
I really like the bright rich look of the velocity blue that i have seen on other ford makes and models. My second choice would be a metallic red.
We all really need B&P to finalize decisions along with all the other questions 150K reservation holders have!!!!
Come on FORD this is agonizing!!!
I agree the AB looks to dark, this is the video that changed my mind.
I have looked at VB at the dealership and in some light conditions it looks ok then in others it just looks too light.
I really like the darker tone of Lighting Blue...

I have until March to make up my mind but carbonized grey is looking better and better. I think it also complements the interior of the BD.

Last edited:

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Lightning Blue is/was an amazing color.

Velocity, to me, looks like a blue you'd expect to find on a rental car from the early '00s??‍♂. It's not really offensive but it's also kinda hard to love.

boxwood

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EV
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

because velocity blue is velocity turquoise

Sponsored

VoltageDrop

Base
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23, 69 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Lead foot would be my top choice if available. As for the blues, I’ll take antimatter blue. I think it looks good with the black wheels and I like how it changes color depending on the light.
Yes, on a cloudy day it's black and on a sunny day it's light black :p

Lightning Blue is/was an amazing color.

Velocity, to me, looks like a blue you'd expect to find on a rental car from the early '00s??‍♂. It's not really offensive but it's also kinda hard to love.
Agreed! I'm surprised at its popularity... it seems like a color for a Corolla that's trying to be fun. Lightning Blue is dead sexy.

scottyb907

Black Diamond
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I had a chance to look at Antimatter Blue in person, and was totally turned off. Its too dark for me, and there was no hint of metallic paint unless under direct light. Some may like it, but I ruled it out after seeing it up close.
Carb. Grey is nice, but a coworker just got a Gladiator in just about the same color, and I don't want to match him.
Your comment helps confirm my thoughts and what I seen on the video, the one that I just added above. So what color are you considering?

OP
OP
VelocityBronco

VelocityBronco

Badlands
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Badlands, F-150 FX4, Explorer Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Your comment helps confirm my thoughts and what I seen on the video, the one that I just added above. So what color are you considering?
Velocity Blue. I LOVE white vehicles, but something about white on the Bronco is off for me...plus the whole OJ thing...If i bought another F-150, you bet it would be White!
I want something that sticks out for this vehicle. I think VB will look good on the Bronco.

dblev

First Edition
First Name
D avid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Tacoma TRD Off-Road
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Light Blue w/ White top is the color in my head when I picture a first gen Bronco. VB is the closest we're going to get to it.

1598880453762.png

When I see old bronco blue it reminds me of the vehicle that made it famous. The amazing Toyota FJ40. Not the lame fj cruiser. FJ 40 probably best base model off road vehicle ever

Tricky Dick

Badlands
First Name
Dick
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.TD-Distributing.com
Vehicle(s)
21 Bronco, 88 Bronco II, 03 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There's no trim that pits LB and VB head to head so it's not really a choice. That said, I like VB a lot more, it's more vibrant and less purple.

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
We were limited on Bronco in that we can't get it in Lightning Blue and felt that having a downgraded blue next to our Ranger would make us upset at having Velocity Blue every day.

In some lighting LB seems more purple, however, 98% of the time it's just an awesome blue without being oversaturated such as what Acura has been doing.

Ford Bronco Why Velocity Blue over Lightning Blue Ranger and Fleetline 2

Acura's blue ends up being very difficult for the human eye to see clearly. It's more of just a blob of ultra violent blurple.

Ford Bronco Why Velocity Blue over Lightning Blue 2021-TLX-A-Spec--1024x683[1]
Sponsored