Sponsored

Why will the 6G Bronco be your First New Vehicle?

What are the top 3 reasons you're buying the 6G Bronco as your first NEW vehicle?

• The new Bronco just speaks to me/us

• I want a vehicle with a warranty

• I'm tired of used crap!

• I'm addicted to Pineapple Pizza

• I hate Jeeps

• I love Jeeps, but everyone has one

• I have way more money than I know what to do with

• The functionality of the Bronco will be much better than my/our current vehicle

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Toaster

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘18 JLUR, ‘19 Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
While I like Jeeps in general, my Rubicon has been nothing but a nightmare for the past 2 years I’ve had it. Plus I am a Ford fanboy so trading the Rubicon for the Bronco is just a no-brainer for me
Sponsored

Rollerstud98

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Christian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Nissan Titan
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve been obsessed with Bronco since about ‘93 when my dad bought an ‘86. I’ve never owned a vehicle as old as the newest Bronco but have always wanted a Bronco.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wouldn’t the answer be because you can finally afford one? Isn’t that why everyone eventually buys a new car?
I think I see why you’re saying this, but no I don’t think it’s really about just being able to “afford” it.

I could have “afforded” a new car many years ago but chose not to buy new because I could get something “better” or afford to do different things by using the money elsewhere and putting in sweat equity instead.

So being able to afford it isnt the only piece it’s also about choosing not to do those other things or changing your vehicle ownership strategy.

Sponsored

Kickit

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I’ve only ever bought used. I like the challenge of trying to figure out what that “mystery scent” is in a car someone else has done god knows what in........

this will my my first new vehicle. A drivers seat that knows no butt but mine!!

Last edited:

ColoradoDad

Badlands
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Toyota FJ60
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why will the 6G Bronco be your First New Vehicle? slapfight

5eabass

Badlands
First Name
Sebastian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 4-door Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

This will be my first brand new vehicle; I've had 5 used cars ('68 bug, ' 87 4-door civic, '98 civic hatchback, 2012 mini cooper and a 2014 2W 4Runner).

When I was a kid, one of my neighbors had a Bronco II and we would carpool to soccer practice. That's when I first loved the Bronco. Then recently, where I previously lived (2 years ago), I was 2 blocks from a used dealership and they would have raised Jeeps and other trucks on display. While sitting for the light to change, I would think about hitting the trails.

And now, we live full time in the (San Jacinto) mountains, we need a 4x4 and we can afford it.

I can't remember the last time I ever wanted to fast forward time by half a year; I really can't wait for Spring '21!! Or maybe it has to do with the Wuhan virus crap or that it's an election year. :unsure:

Deadfish

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 F350, 2007 HD Road King, 2013 370Z
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've gone through a lot of vehicles... 81 Chevy Luv, 84 Bronco II, 91 Ranger, 93 Ranger, 94 Explorer, 96 Explorer, 99 Jeep GC, 00 Expedition, 04 Excursion, 06 F-350, 06 Escalade, 07 Harley, 09 Escalade, 13 Audi S4, 13 370Z, 20 Rubi... 6 of them new. But I've been wanting another Bronco since my BII... It was a POS, but man, did I have fun in it when I was 17-20! It was what I most connected with, and have been following the new Bronco since the early 2000's. I told myself I would have it if/when it came out. And I always keep my promises :LOL:

Sponsored

TaiKoi

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1999 Camaro Z28
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Never bought a new vehicle either but have been considering it more and more this past year seeing as my truck is getting up there in miles (280k). Considered a Tesla Model 3, Cybertruck or a new Ram 2500 Cummins (too expensive). Then the Bronco was revealed and I was kinda sold right away on the design. Then as I watched the functionality/feature videos, I was even more sold.

(my personal opinions)
Like some others have said, I'm really not a Ford fan, design-wise at least. Dodge makes the best looking trucks/cars I think. I don't like the look/feel of the F-150 interior or exterior. I kinda feel that way about most Ford cars/trucks. The Ranger is the worst lol old and new design. I do like the design of the newer Mustang's though. The Ford GT is one of my favorite car designs ever. Then there's the Bronco that looks awesome although maybe a bit smaller than I'd like (but I understand it's size is for trails).

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
This will be the first new car I have ordered does that count lol?

I dont want to sound snobbish but I've always had new cars. I dont want someone else's problem vehicle, and especially now with kids I really appreciate the newest safety stuff. Plus I've seen too many friends go the used car route only to have them break down and it costs more to fix then the cars worth or it gets totalled by the insurance company for something minor bc they arent they just aren't worth anything anymore.

OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will be the first new car I have ordered does that count lol?

I dont want to sound snobbish but I've always had new cars. I dont want someone else's problem vehicle, and especially now with kids I really appreciate the newest safety stuff. Plus I've seen too many friends go the used car route only to have them break down and it costs more to fix then the cars worth or it gets totalled by the insurance company for something minor bc they arent they just aren't worth anything anymore.
I don't think it sounds snobbish - different people are just able to take different strategies.

For me I have no fear of buying used because I know I can handle whatever mechanical issues arise. Part of that confidence is a result of very careful research and consideration of what particular vehicles I will consider buying - and which ones I won't touch. At the end of the day - I always say that if I have a "Surprise" $500 repair bill, it's really not any worse than 1-2 months car payments. The difference is I don't owe anyone anything and I control my own destiny. Also - insurance is not generally there to "repair" the vehicle. Just to cover my ass from liability perspective. I really only have 1 vehicle that's just not "liability only". If I were to get into an accident that totals the vehicle, then time for a new used vehicle lol.

Both approaches of buying new vs. used can be equally effective but they require the right person and situation.
Sponsored