Sponsored

Why will the 6G Bronco be your First New Vehicle?

What are the top 3 reasons you're buying the 6G Bronco as your first NEW vehicle?

• The new Bronco just speaks to me/us

• I want a vehicle with a warranty

• I'm tired of used crap!

• I'm addicted to Pineapple Pizza

• I hate Jeeps

• I love Jeeps, but everyone has one

• I have way more money than I know what to do with

• The functionality of the Bronco will be much better than my/our current vehicle

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

lobbs611

Badlands
First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2D JL Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Wouldn’t the answer be because you can finally afford one? Isn’t that why everyone eventually buys a new car?
My Durango had 4k-ish miles on it and the Camaro 9k-ish. I could have bought the current version of either but a few miles on them let me get more equipment for the same money. For a number of reasons, the Bronco just hits the right spots for me and I want an opportunity to get in early on it and spec it out exactly how I want it.
Sponsored

Big Boss

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Big Bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I don't think it sounds snobbish - different people are just able to take different strategies.

For me I have no fear of buying used because I know I can handle whatever mechanical issues arise. Part of that confidence is a result of very careful research and consideration of what particular vehicles I will consider buying - and which ones I won't touch. At the end of the day - I always say that if I have a "Surprise" $500 repair bill, it's really not any worse than 1-2 months car payments. The difference is I don't owe anyone anything and I control my own destiny. Also - insurance is not generally there to "repair" the vehicle. Just to cover my ass from liability perspective. I really only have 1 vehicle that's just not "liability only". If I were to get into an accident that totals the vehicle, then time for a new used vehicle lol.

Both approaches of buying new vs. used can be equally effective but they require the right person and situation.
Yep. I should have said I also had other buddies who it worked out flawless for buying used.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
For me its just the right thing at the right time an makes sense with the right history.
1st as always is my wife, who is ready for a nice cushy trouble free new vehicle that she wont worry about and also is good enough to take us offroad without beating her up like my jeeps.
2nd is I am 36 and thats about a good time to get a new vehicle that i will keep for 30 years or so till there is someone who I want to pass it on to.
3rd is my brother who bought his first new car back in 87. It was a new direction of ford performance. He bought a Mustang GT 5spd convertible. Red with white top and interior. He still has the car, I drove it when I was 3, helped him put a new motor in it in 2010, and got to drive it to HotRod power tour when they came through ohio. The only way he said it will leave the family is if he builds a cobra. I would like to have a story like that myself one day. And I think a special ordered Bronco is perfect for that. Im still holding out hope that 2022 or 2023 it will come in V6 Manual trans. If I got that with a few unique options it would be an awesome thing to own in 2055 when everyone has abandoned personal ground transportation for either trains or jetpacks.

tracythemighty

Base
First Name
Tracy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Bronco - Race Red Base w/Sas
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This will be my first new car, and my first real off road vehicle. I had a Tracker back when I was young. I called it my toy Jeep, because it was small and a breeze could blow it over.

I have always bought used, and kept them until they stopped running, or when it made no sense to throw more money at them. I have a Mini Cooper now that is a 2005, but I got it used in 2006. My only concern is that I have driven such a tiny car for so long, it will take some adjusting to go to the Bronco, but I just have to have it. lol

Sponsored

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I want a new vehicle. I have owned luxury performance cars for a while now. I just want something different. Nothing else speaks to me. I love the idea of taking the doors/roof off. If I couldnt I would not even be interested in a Bronco. I dont like the way Jeep's look. I like the idea of being able to learn something new and hopefully pick up a new hobby.

This wont be my first new vehicle but typically I buy cars that are around 2 yrs old bc I know cars are a terrible financial decision on general. But I simply dont feel like waiting on the Bronco bc I am that excited about having something so different and possibly adding a new hobby.

RBF 1401

Base
First Name
Tricia
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
98 Avalon, 95 Dakota
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Teacher married to a semi-retired, self-employed musician. New car was never in the budget.

Many, many, many years ago (April 22, 1997 to be exact) I promised myself a brand new vehicle when I paid off the mortgage and owned this crappy little house free and clear. A lot of my tough life decisions were swayed by making sure I would be able to keep my promise.

1.) I do a lot of camping off-payment so I want 4WD,
2.) My son has a 1970 EB that I adore, and
3.) My last house payment is May 1, 2022.

The release (and subsequent delays) have made this appear to be some sign from the universe that I "need a Bronco" to fulfill this promise. 😘😘

And as @Used2jeep knows, this new vehicle is also Spite Truck #2. 🤣

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
I'm curious to know who else is like me - the 6G Bronco will be my first NEW vehicle!

Why will the 6G Bronco be your first NEW vehicle?

I hardly ever own new things. I have a '79 Bronco, '03 Excursion, and '04 Camry in my stable. All bought used. Lawn mowers, trailers, snowblowers, basically anything I need I typically buy used for cheap or as a fixer-upper. Why now do I decide I need a new vehicle????

Cuz reasons.
  • Kids activities take up more and more time that I used to spend wrenching on the used stuff
  • Wife is an expert at finding new issues with the used stuff
  • No kid remembers how awesome your minivan was when you pick them up from school
  • Our idea of luxury is a Bluetooth adapter plugged into a 12V socket. Oh and heated seats in the Excursion I guess
More seriously, for whatever reason both my wife and I connected to the appeal and design of the new Bronco without forcing either of us to do so. I can honestly say that if the Bronco had not been released, I would still not be considering a new car today. Not even a new Jeep - and I'm heavily involved in a local Jeep Club.

Even the timing makes sense for us. By the time that our ordered Bronco would roll around next summer or fall, we would probably have started the process for looking for another used car replacement. Following this release and the reservation process gives us a common goal to rally around and save our money for. This type of reservation and release gives us plenty of time to get our finances in order. Also, both of us are rather excited to have a vehicle under warranty which is someone else's problem.

I think we also like the idea of being a part of something "new" and novel. We hold onto things basically until they die, so we definitely will have the Bronco for a long time. It'll be fun having the option of "passing on" to kids the Bronco that we bought new back when we were young and dumb. Ok I guess we're not that dumb but you get the idea.
I'm middle aged and bought my first new car last year. (Bronco would have been my first new car, except Ford still didn't have it available, but let's not get into that thorny topic.)

As a non-materialist, I'm not into buying and owning material items, particularly high priced items. Doesn't bring me joy like some other people. In fact the opposite. That said, the brand new economy car I bought last year instead of the Bronco, has been great in terms of usage and economy. And helped a lot with your point about wife "finding new issues with used stuff". :)

Time matters, and having fun with your family and kids if a vehicle will aid with that, then go for it. I recommend focus on the key attributes and functionality of any item you are buying, and then evaluate how much it will help with your creativity and doing real things with your family and friends.

I mean if you are off with family and kids having some top down adventure (with a bit of risk thrown in - because real adventure require real risk), that will make some memories and your kids will be talking about it a long time. If Bronco helps facilitate that in terms of usage - then go for it!

ScrunchFace

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I was really looking forward to the G80 M3, but we all know how that turned out...

I’m actually glad it’s so ugly. Otherwise I wouldn’t be getting my Bronco 😁
Sponsored