Sponsored

Why will the 6G Bronco be your First New Vehicle?

What are the top 3 reasons you're buying the 6G Bronco as your first NEW vehicle?

• The new Bronco just speaks to me/us

• I want a vehicle with a warranty

• I'm tired of used crap!

• I'm addicted to Pineapple Pizza

• I hate Jeeps

• I love Jeeps, but everyone has one

• I have way more money than I know what to do with

• The functionality of the Bronco will be much better than my/our current vehicle

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
03 Ford Excursion, 79 Ford Bronco, 04 Toyota Camry
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm curious to know who else is like me - the 6G Bronco will be my first NEW vehicle!

Why will the 6G Bronco be your first NEW vehicle?

I hardly ever own new things. I have a '79 Bronco, '03 Excursion, and '04 Camry in my stable. All bought used. Lawn mowers, trailers, snowblowers, basically anything I need I typically buy used for cheap or as a fixer-upper. Why now do I decide I need a new vehicle????

Cuz reasons.
  • Kids activities take up more and more time that I used to spend wrenching on the used stuff
  • Wife is an expert at finding new issues with the used stuff
  • No kid remembers how awesome your minivan was when you pick them up from school
  • Our idea of luxury is a Bluetooth adapter plugged into a 12V socket. Oh and heated seats in the Excursion I guess
More seriously, for whatever reason both my wife and I connected to the appeal and design of the new Bronco without forcing either of us to do so. I can honestly say that if the Bronco had not been released, I would still not be considering a new car today. Not even a new Jeep - and I'm heavily involved in a local Jeep Club.

Even the timing makes sense for us. By the time that our ordered Bronco would roll around next summer or fall, we would probably have started the process for looking for another used car replacement. Following this release and the reservation process gives us a common goal to rally around and save our money for. This type of reservation and release gives us plenty of time to get our finances in order. Also, both of us are rather excited to have a vehicle under warranty which is someone else's problem.

I think we also like the idea of being a part of something "new" and novel. We hold onto things basically until they die, so we definitely will have the Bronco for a long time. It'll be fun having the option of "passing on" to kids the Bronco that we bought new back when we were young and dumb. Ok I guess we're not that dumb but you get the idea.
Sponsored

Bronco4lyfe85

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Challenger Scat Pack
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This post confuses me. You ask if it’s your first new vehicle and then add a poll for why it is and don’t even add the option for no?

Anyways, nope.

This will be the 6th.

Last edited:

Imissmy1996bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 JLU Rubicon
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

This will be my first new vehicle, as for why, see username... (plus Ford made a real Bronco and did not pull a chevy blazer with it)

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve owned two cars. Both bought new.

Last edited:

Haulin455

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I've owned 4 vehicles; 2 used, 2 new.

The Bronco will be my 5th vehicle and 3rd new one.

Sponsored
OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This will be my first new vehicle, as for why, see username... (plus Ford made a real Bronco and did not pull a chevy blazer with it)
Awesome reason. This is one reason I swear I'll never get rid of my '79 2nd gen. I know I'll regret it if I do...

iamchewby

Badlands
First Name
Chewby
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

First new vehicle (not counting the wifes F150) . Mostly because nothing cool has come out that's been even remotely in my price range. Now, I'm an adult with a real job and can afford a current cool vehicle.

Bmadda

Badlands
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1990 Bronco eddie bauer
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have followed the Bronco story since the 1st rumors were floated 5-6 years ago. I have stood by my statement that if Ford builds a vehicle worthy to be called a Bronco i would buy one. Its been a rocky road. I think they did...hoping so, and if so I consider it my civic duty to buy one and so doing vote w/my dollars to ensure the Bronco survives!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
vrewald14

vrewald14

Badlands
First Name
Vince
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I have followed the Bronco story since the 1st rumors were floated 5-6 years ago. I have stood by my statement that if Ford builds a vehicle worthy to be called a Bronco i would buy one. Its been a rocky road. I think they did...hoping so, and if so I consider it my civic duty to buy one and so doing vote w/my dollars to ensure the Bronco survives!
Now that is a good reason! I dig it.

although I didn’t follow the entire story as closely as you did, I think I was always “hoping” in my mind that there would be a new Bronco someday.

Last edited by a moderator:

SoccerDude

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Base
First new vehicle was a Scion TC when they first came out, wasn't so bad in a manual. After having a modded LT1 Firebird Firehawk it was a dream to not have issues every other week. The tC went 100k without so much as a light bulb change, not a single issue.

Sponsored

Toccoa

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Isuzu Rodeo Sport
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Wouldn’t the answer be because you can finally afford one? Isn’t that why everyone eventually buys a new car?

Last edited:

A_Locke

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Toyota Prius, 1966 Ford Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I am a fairly recent college graduate (graduated 2 years ago) and am reaching the point in my life where I could use a new car. I have always been a big fan of the Mustang and love the current generation so I honestly thought I was probably going to get one of those. A few months leading up to the launch of the Bronco, as I started to research it more, it really caught my eye.

After I saw the reveal, I was completely sold. While I love the Mustang and will certainly own one someday, the capability and utility of the Bronco is much better. The retro styling is just as good if not better than the current Mustang and the interior/tech is much better.

I've been off-roading a few times and have really enjoyed it. The complete package the bronco offers really made the decision for me.

Mopar2Bronco2021

Base
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge Charger RT 5.7L
Your Bronco Model
Base
The Bronco definitely just speaks to me. I’m not a Ford guy by any means or brand loyal either. But man Ford knocked it out of the park with the design.

Additionally, an off-roader fits my lifestyle a lot more than my Charger sedan haha. As much as I love zipping around town with my awesome sounding 5.7L Hemi, it’s time to slow down with something I can take on real adventures again.
Sponsored