Sponsored

Why will U-Haul rent a trailer to a Bronco with hard top but not soft top?

zombie

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco Badlands (7spd) 2022 Mustang GT PP
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

OP
OP

Horse

Badlands
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 badlands non sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

Blackcat

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 FORD BRONCO BASE 2 DOOR M/T
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Yea but why
Maybe @zombie can chime in with another ā€˜search is your friendā€™ answer?
But it probably has to do with with them just covering their asses, because letā€™s face it, people do dumb shit and blame on othersā€¦.

Sponsored

stuckinohio

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2 Door Badlands, MT High 2 Dr, V6 Outer Banks, Lux
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My local U-Haul office didn't care if I used my Bronco with no top and doors to tow one of their trailers even with when the official "rules" don't allow it. Asked them and showed them my Bronco and they couldn't care less.

Ended up not renting the trailer but I could have. It's worth a try to ask your local office.

rtazz17

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford bronco big bend
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Of course. But you need to decide if something happens you will take responsibility for it totally. Again,its about lawyers. Rules are almost always written because someone did something stupid. Henceā€¦ā€¦ā€¦

MichBadger

Badlands
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ford Bronco Why will U-Haul rent a trailer to a Bronco with hard top but not soft top? 88824DB3-F83B-42D5-BFCB-D401517E27A5
Ford Bronco Why will U-Haul rent a trailer to a Bronco with hard top but not soft top? 88824DB3-F83B-42D5-BFCB-D401517E27A5

Picked mine up last week. What they donā€™t know wonā€™t hurt them. Yes my straps are too small BUT I also strapped 4 10000 lb ratchet straps underneath. LOL. Great trip and never moved.
lol, not sure that this is the intention of the OP's question. Maybe some sly sarcasm at work. If so, well played.

Carrotop79

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 4Dr BL LUX, 2020 Pacifica
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Of course. But you need to decide if something happens you will take responsibility for it totally. Again,its about lawyers. Rules are almost always written because someone did something stupid. Henceā€¦ā€¦ā€¦
Very true and I get it, just wanted to throw out an ā€œit works not matter whatā€ type scenario. Maybe helpful to you to see what it looks like on a trailer. And yes all of you are correct about liability, there is a level of risk there. My 24ā€™ enclosed was too short so I had to improvise. It was taller than I thought also.

Sponsored

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
dodge charger
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Very true and I get it, just wanted to throw out an ā€œit works not matter whatā€ type scenario. Maybe helpful to you to see what it looks like on a trailer. And yes all of you are correct about liability, there is a level of risk there. My 24ā€™ enclosed was too short so I had to improvise. It was taller than I thought also.
Now if you only had a picture of a soft top Bronco with a Uhaul trailer attached to the back of it

AKBronc49

Outer Banks
First Name
Russ
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
11 F150,02 Excursion,06 Chrysler 300C,21 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks

I've never overloaded a Uhaul trailer, ever....
Ford Bronco Why will U-Haul rent a trailer to a Bronco with hard top but not soft top? 20220521_150217

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s because Uhaul believes one shouldnā€™t have sold ones self short on a soft top just to speed up delivery.
Here, have this ...
Ford Bronco Why will U-Haul rent a trailer to a Bronco with hard top but not soft top? 1664421441782