Sponsored

Why Would Anyone Pay A “Non-Refundable” Deposit ???

Jamiegla1

Badlands
First Name
Jamie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Soon to be 1st time Bronco owner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only regret I have is that I have no option to back out (well guess I could lose my deposit) if this thing drags on for the rest of next year

Johnny Mo

Raptor
First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
teachu2shoot.com
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion Energi, Ducati XDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

$100. You've got 8 grand tied up when it could be working for you, gaining interest. Now it's working for the dealer so they can buy a cappuccino machine.
Never been to a Ford dealer with a Cap/Espresso machine before...but for 8k that better be some Green Hornet/Kato style machine.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Legit question: why in the world would anyone pay a dealer a “non-refundable” deposit ???

I scratch my head every time I read about this. But apparently a lot of people are willingly paying this. It makes zero sense.
Legit answer; Wow, really? Who the hell cares ? What difference does it make it to you what someone else does with THEIR money NOT yours

Quinn_the_eskimo

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1981 Jeep Scrambler, 2021 Jeep Gladiator
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
I always thought Ford should have made the reservation deposit at least $500 if not a $1000. I can guarantee you that at $1000, reservation #s would be a lot lower and very few double reservations by the same person would exist. Let’s separate the men of the boys. And anyone leaving a $1000 reservation deposit would gladly leave a non refundable deposit as you were a serious buyer from the get go.
I agree with this. Judging from the posts in this forum, there are a lot of boys with reservations. Which means in a year or two there'll be a number of repossessed Broncos on the lots.

Sponsored

TheWoo

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Gladiator Mojave
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I always thought Ford should have made the reservation deposit at least $500 if not a $1000. I can guarantee you that at $1000, reservation #s would be a lot lower and very few double reservations by the same person would exist. Let’s separate the men of the boys. And anyone leaving a $1000 reservation deposit would gladly leave a non refundable deposit as you were a serious buyer from the get go.
But that's bad business on Ford’s part. The $100 is genius, imo. It gets lots of people signed up and "invested" long before options are even known. Most of the 190k who reserved followed along and paid a lot more attention than they would have otherwise and many became emotionally invested to a much greater extent. People who would never have paid a $1000 reservation and may have gone elsewhere now can't wait for their Bronco to arrive. From Ford’s perspective, that's perfect. And worth the headaches of some who don't follow through.

The reservation process wasn't designed for the hard core enthusiast. It was designed to capture the curious.

Monster1926

First Edition
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC Sierra 2500HD
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Not joking.
The good thing is that I paid with a credit card to recieve some rewards :D
Now I know u
Legit answer; Wow, really? Who the hell cares ? What difference does it make it to you what someone else does with THEIR money NOT yours
I wish you would of posted this before I debated with everyone on why they shouldn’t do a nonrefundable. I seem to of forgot I don’t give a shit what anyone else does. I guess my emotions got involved because I despise dealerships. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.

Wookiee

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy 1500
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Now I know u

I wish you would of posted this before I debated with everyone on why they shouldn’t do a nonrefundable. I seem to of forgot I don’t give a shit what anyone else does. I guess my emotions got involved because I despise dealerships. Thanks for bringing me back to reality.
It’s all good…LOL, I’m definitely not a huge fan of dealerships either. I was a little late reading the post because I’m just wallowing around in the unknown of when our Bronco will be scheduled and I’ve been limiting my time on here.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Tesla reservations are $1000. I had a reservation for a model 3 for 2 years and decided to get a M2 instead. When I cancelled, Tesla refunded my $1000 in less than 24 hours.

A $100 deposit just allowed too many not serious customers that spends most of their time complaining about EVERYTHING!

just read all the threads on this forum. the majority are just bitching about anything and everything.

But that's bad business on Ford’s part. The $100 is genius, imo. It gets lots of people signed up and "invested" long before options are even known. Most of the 190k who reserved followed along and paid a lot more attention than they would have otherwise and many became emotionally invested to a much greater extent. People who would never have paid a $1000 reservation and may have gone elsewhere now can't wait for their Bronco to arrive. From Ford’s perspective, that's perfect. And worth the headaches of some who don't follow through.

The reservation process wasn't designed for the hard core enthusiast. It was designed to capture the curious.

NurseDan

Big Bend
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Focus
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Because I WILL have a Bronco, Canadians don’t get a choice of dealer and my dealer will not even start the process without one. I was always gonna be putting down a substantial down payment anyway.

Sponsored

wanna1

Badlands
First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford F150 Platinum 4x4 2022 Mach E
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I don't understand it either. I've order 20+ vehicles and never put down a deposit.

Tyrober

Outer Banks
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F-150, Ford Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My dealer wanted a $1500 non refundable deposit. I told him I would gladly pay it only if it was fully refundable for any reason. He said the only way it would be refundable is if my bronco wouldn't be a 2021 model and I said I am not paying it then and I will just move my reservation. He then waived the deposit fee that was supposedly mandatory from the owner of the dealership. If you let people walk all over you then they'll do it.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
It depends on the dealer. Not all dealers ask for one.

I have ordered a 2013 Raptor, 2016 RS, 2019 Raptor and just ordered a 2021 Raptor. not one vehicle required a deposit.

I don't understand it either. I've order 20+ vehicles and never put down a deposit.

cybersal

Base
First Name
Lee
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2002 Escape
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

I was wavering between a Bronco and a Maverick. The dealer from whom I was going to order the Maverick wanted a $500 non-refundable deposit AND a signed contract that I was going to buy the truck with a very limited number of reasons to opt out. Absolutely no way I was going to place a deposit and sign that contract. What if I hate the truck, can't see the front at night (limited night vision), lose my job, get diagnosed with a God forbid, relocate, etc. I decided not to play any games by contacting other dealers, trying to find one without such a policy, and am going ahead with the Bronco.

Interstate

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Legit question: why in the world would anyone pay a dealer a “non-refundable” deposit ???

I scratch my head every time I read about this. But apparently a lot of people are willingly paying this. It makes zero sense.
My dealer didn't require a deposit at all. He also said if I paid a deposit, I could get it back if I ended up not getting the Bronco. I put some money down to show him that I'm serious about buying. They’ve been good to me. Smaller dealership. Only 5 allocations given for MY21. At least I am one of their five allocations.
Sponsored