Sponsored

Why would dealers not receive a Bronco allocation for every order they convert?

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless there was a dealer in some part of the country that was cut off from civilization, and their customers didn't learn about the reservation process until weeks later... and that dealer has thousands of reservations that will convert to orders...

$0.02
Here is a nickel in change; The customers were not notified by Ford (although they did change the FAQ after most reservations were already in):

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received using timestamp, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

We all recall that there was no mention originally about the number of Bronco's your dealer will receive when reservations were made. I sure don't recall Ford sending my notification of this or any change (especially about allocations now being a thing). I was not saying the dealers do not know, I am saying that unless you are on a major forum and paying attention, you would have no idea of the change as a customer unless you decided to go back to the reservation page after you reserved. while some dealers may have sent out information, I am certain it was not common. There are 195K plus reservations and most people with reservations have not been informed of any changes. Many have found it out on their own, however I would not be surprised if half have no idea that the rules have changed. As to it making no real functional difference due to commodity restraints, no way to tell, so a big shrug on that. Even if there were (at a guess) 30000 reservation holders using the forums, even sporadically, that is at most a quarter of the reservations (with some doubling up)

Honestly, If you were not on BG6, would you have any idea that things had changed from the first come, first served model?
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Here is a nickel in change; The customers were not notified by Ford (although they did change the FAQ after most reservations were already in):

Will reservations be fulfilled in the order placed?
Reservations will be fulfilled in approximately the same order received using timestamp, however, actual delivery may vary based upon a number of factors including vehicle model and configuration selected, part constraints, and the number of Bronco vehicles your dealer will receive.

We all recall that there was no mention originally about the number of Bronco's your dealer will receive when reservations were made. I sure don't recall Ford sending my notification of this or any change (especially about allocations now being a thing). I was not saying the dealers do not know, I am saying that unless you are on a major forum and paying attention, you would have no idea of the change as a customer unless you decided to go back to the reservation page after you reserved. while some dealers may have sent out information, I am certain it was not common. There are 195K plus reservations and most people with reservations have not been informed of any changes. Many have found it out on their own, however I would not be surprised if half have no idea that the rules have changed. As to it making no real functional difference due to commodity restraints, no way to tell, so a big shrug on that. Even if there were (at a guess) 30000 reservation holders using the forums, even sporadically, that is at most a quarter of the reservations (with some doubling up)

Honestly, If you were not on BG6, would you have any idea that things had changed from the first come, first served model?
Excellent points on the information sharing. I often forget (or confuse) what I know because I'm really tuned in, because I'm a forum member here, or because I read it in an email directly from Ford.

Some saving grace would be that many people may not have known the original rules, or in the very least, from their perspective at the dealership (and neighborhood) level they are still getting them in general reservation order...

tlowell01

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Ford Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Excellent points on the information sharing. I often forget (or confuse) what I know because I'm really tuned in, because I'm a forum member here, or because I read it in an email directly from Ford.

Some saving grace would be that many people may not have known the original rules, or in the very least, from their perspective at the dealership (and neighborhood) level they are still getting them in general reservation order...
I think @ZackDanger your initial point was valid. The average reservation holder not active on enthusiast forums would not notice any difference between first come/first served vs allocation model. In most cases the two will be pretty equivalent. The place where its really going to be felt is in instances where large numbers of people changed their reservations to small dealerships likely to get small allocations. If you weren't active on enthusiast forums you'd have little reason to ever change your dealer.

Ultimately you've got an echo chamber here where a very small minority of very vocal reservations holders are impacted by the change (Granger, Stephens, dealers accepting buyer groups, etc) whereas the VAST majority of reservation holders are largely unaffected by the change.

soupcook

Outer Banks
First Name
Walt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Ranger and 2017 GMC Acadia Denali
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Today my dealer shared that Ford man manufacture ~76k Broncos this year. Our dealership has 38 reservations and an allocation of 26 Broncos...thankfully I am #9 on their list (I am one of the early AM July 14 people with a reservation).

rtsherry73

Outer Banks
First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I'm thinking that the dealers will convert 100% of all orders regardless of the reservation holder's choice. Change the order specifications after the order is placed to what the customer wants (if they still want the Bronco). All the reservations that are abandoned after conversion become dealer stock for retail.

Also, it'll increase their allocations for the next year by having as many conversions as possible, regardless or reservation holder actually buying the vehicle.
You are correct.

Lab00Rat

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 BL 2-Door, 2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Ford has indicated that dealers who don't fulfill converted reservations to the original reservation holder will be penalized with reduced allocations going forward. This was by design to prevent dealers from creating a ton of 'fake' reservations for their own use/stock and to prevent unwanted reservations from being picked up by the dealers to do what you are describing. My understanding is that there will be some level of orders that for some reason are not completed by the reservation holder, but if there are too many at a dealership the allocation curbs kick in.
That was before they eliminated X-Plan pricing. Now dealers can just tack on ADMs to cover any loses they will get from cross selling Broncos. I don't trust dealers (in general), period.
Sponsored