First Name
Nathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, 22 Badlands 2 door
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order date in the tracker doesn't mean the actual order date. Mine shows 8/21/21 which is the date I switched from a 2 door to a 4 door softtop. So if you made any changes, thats the date that will show. If not, its also possible the dealer summited your order, but didn't finalize it until the later date (left it in 99 and/or didn't change the options). Either way I wouldn't worry about it too much. Dealer system will show the original order date even if the tracker shows something else.
Sponsored

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Order date in the tracker doesn't mean the actual order date. Mine shows 8/21/21 which is the date I switched from a 2 door to a 4 door softtop. So if you made any changes, thats the date that will show. If not, its also possible the dealer summited your order, but didn't finalize it until the later date (left it in 99 and/or didn't change the options). Either way I wouldn't worry about it too much. Dealer system will show the original order date even if the tracker shows something else.
If you order a new vehicle, then I can see why the order number would change. Switching tops or accessories alone wouldn’t necessitate a different order. But door counts and model trims would.

BostonGuy

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jetta
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Unless you ordered a 4 door soft top, you likely didn't lose much ground if any. You probably wouldn't have been scheduled before third quarter anyway. Assuming Ford starts up the priority order fuckery again for 2022, maybe you can push them to give it to you to make up for it. Reality is that a slightly late order like that made no real difference in your wait.
This is exactly right. Unless you have a 4dr softie in all likely hood the later order had no impact.

Gourik31

Badlands
First Name
Gourik
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
To OP, keep your head up. Def not pleasant.

I’m sorry bud.

upside: Maybe more time to save for deposit, plan for accessories, or squeeze out a shit-ton of free test drives from said dealer.
Kind of what im doing. Started last month to deposit into separate account extra $500 +another 250$ (mods). Those $500 is the difference between Badlands and my current vehicle in monthly least payment. Thought i make it seam as if i had the vehicle now and pay for it, sort of.

Liberty

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy Silverado, Black Diamond Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Reservation # 156000 +/- out of nearly 200,000 initially and that was my reservation confirmation at 8:37 AM on 7/14/20, I assume the last six digits of the reservation number would have meant place in line except when people dropped out.
While not a perfect indicator of place in line, reservation numbers started at about 114000, so there would have been about 42000 reservations before you. You were closer to the front of the line than you thought.

Sponsored

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Hi all,

I placed a reservation within the first couple of days that reservations were opened, and then followed the instructions of my dealer in Dec. 2020 and January 2021 and placed an order and plunked down my $1000 deposit In January 2021.

I didn't receive any updates from Ford or the dealership for months after that, and in early May 2021 asked what was going on, and if my order had been properly placed. I figured I would have had some sort of update from Ford by email, but hadn’t.

On June 5th, I got an update from my dealer that there were no issues and that my order had been properly placed, I was just in the queue with everyone else.

My order date shows June 4th, 2021, not January, when I had actually placed my order. I strongly suspect my dealer had made a mistake and had not properly placed my order, realized the mistake on June 4th and placed the order, and then mislead me, leaving me 5 months deeper in the queue than I should be.

Am I right? Or is ther maybe some weird thing with dealer allocations where they weren’t allowed to place orders?

I’m just wondering if they did make a mistake or not, and what my recourse might be. My current car is falling apart.

Thnaks for any guidance you have.
Switch to a softop and you will likely get a 2021 VIN. Commodity restraints, Reservation date and dealer allocation are driving the builds. Order date is not important.

one800higgins

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW GTI
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Switch to a softop and you will likely get a 2021 VIN. Commodity restraints, Reservation date and dealer allocation are driving the builds. Order date is not important.
That may not be true now. It was when they were scheduling Sept / Oct builds. Now that are in late Oct / Nov scheduling and they are likely going to be building a bunch of FE's with limited filler orders since the MIC constraint is lifted.

Jason hamilton

Black Diamond
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tahoe
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
That may not be true now. It was when they were scheduling Sept / Oct builds. Now that are in late Oct / Nov scheduling and they are likely going to be building a bunch of FE's with limited filler orders since the MIC constraint is lifted.
Very good point.
As an early reservation you should still be at the top of the list for a MY 2022 with a 2.0 hard top. There is a good chance you would have been in dirt mountain if the order was put in on time.
Sponsored