Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru Forester
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Hi all,

I placed a reservation within the first couple of days that reservations were opened, and then followed the instructions of my dealer in Dec. 2020 and January 2021 and placed an order and plunked down my $1000 deposit In January 2021.

I didn't receive any updates from Ford or the dealership for months after that, and in early May 2021 asked what was going on, and if my order had been properly placed. I figured I would have had some sort of update from Ford by email, but hadnā€™t.

On June 5th, I got an update from my dealer that there were no issues and that my order had been properly placed, I was just in the queue with everyone else.

My order date shows June 4th, 2021, not January, when I had actually placed my order. I strongly suspect my dealer had made a mistake and had not properly placed my order, realized the mistake on June 4th and placed the order, and then mislead me, leaving me 5 months deeper in the queue than I should be.

Am I right? Or is ther maybe some weird thing with dealer allocations where they werenā€™t allowed to place orders?

Iā€™m just wondering if they did make a mistake or not, and what my recourse might be. My current car is falling apart.

Thnaks for any guidance you have.
Sponsored

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Ohhhh Yeah they made a huge mistake!

JakeC

Badlands
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Website
michiganbroncos.club
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m sorry bud.

upside: Maybe more time to save for deposit, plan for accessories, or squeeze out a shit-ton of free test drives from said dealer.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Ask the dealer how many allocations they had and where you were in line. If you were way down the list then everything you describe is normal.

Sponsored

Bronco cat

Banned
Outer Banks
Banned
Banned
First Name
Carl
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ā€˜20 Explorer ST, ā€˜19 GT350, ā€˜21 Bronco Sport
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

You time stamp holds your spot. Not your order.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
March 19th was the drop dead date for '21's as far as order dates. "Within the first couple of days" means not much. I'm a first 18 hour reservation and it's sketchy if I'll get mine before spring '22. Welcome to our world.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base
March 19th was the drop dead date for '21's as far as order dates. "Within the first couple of days" means not much. I'm a first 18 hour reservation and it's sketchy if I'll get mine before spring '22. Welcome to our world.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Ask the dealer how many allocations they had and where you were in line. If you were way down the list then everything you describe is normal.
What?
The order date is the day you went to the dealer and placed the order.
Allocation has nothing to do with it, nor will it change the date you placed the order.
Dealer may think he is gaming the system some how, but if OP had a buildable Bronco, he got skipped for 6 months because Ford did not know the order existed.

PO, your dealer hung onto your order for some reason.
Did you get a DORA?

EX:
Go to dealer and place order on Feb 6th.
Dealer enters it.
Fords computer thinks about it a few minutes ... or hours, then accepts or rejects it.
Once a valid order is accepted, they recieve a DORA - Dealer Order Reciept Acknowledgement.
The DORA will have the date the order was recieved.
Feb 6th. ....maybe the 7th if the system was super busy.
Mine was accepted in a few minutes....Feb 6th.
Actually had to do it twice because first attempt rejected the rock rails that day.
As a result, no rock rails on my build.

PSUTE

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sierra
Your Bronco Model
Base

Sponsored

Xycarp

Base
First Name
M-Ditty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKU
Your Bronco Model
Base
I thought I had a similar situation. I was a day 2 reservation, but list a July ā€˜21 ā€œorder confirm dateā€ - whatever that is. When I called the hotline they assured me I had my day 2 time stamp.

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
March 19th was the drop dead date for '21's as far as order dates.
Emphasis on the was. WIth the MIC fiasco there have been orders placed and un-99'd post 3/19 that have been pulled and built

but if OP had a buildable Bronco, he got skipped for 6 months because Ford did not know the order existed.
2months max. First emails went out at beginning of April. OP's stated his order was finally placed in early June.

OP what was your actual build? If you were a day 2 or 3 reservation with a MIC top the late order placement is a moot point and your order probably wouldn't have gotten pulled anyhow.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Unless you ordered a 4 door soft top, you likely didn't lose much ground if any. You probably wouldn't have been scheduled before third quarter anyway. Assuming Ford starts up the priority order fuckery again for 2022, maybe you can push them to give it to you to make up for it. Reality is that a slightly late order like that made no real difference in your wait.

Sooner

Base
First Name
Ted
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
69 F100, 56 CJ5, 11 F250, 17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

You time stamp holds your spot. Not your order.
But you donā€™t have price protection if it wasnā€™t ordered before March 19th
Sponsored