First Name
Max
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021...Nope. 2022...still no. 2023? Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Point 3 directly relates to my situation except April for me. I kicked the can down the road early on with an Oct 1st Granger reservation. My thought was due to giving me more time to financially afford this vehicle and pushing the purchase date out. It really had nothing to do with the vehicle itself for me, but more the budget for my household. MY22 just fits my situation better and I have locked in MY21 pricing.
Yep! Honestly for me (and obviously not something that applies to most people but seems like the same for you) - the financial part is the biggest. I can afford to eat a $700-$800 monthly payment for something I really want (our mortgage at this point is tiny and the only recurring bill we have is a smaller payment on my wife's SUV) but it'll be great to not have to eat an "extra" cost.

I think for a lot of us this wasn't exactly an impulse buy (especially given the wait although for me the decision from realizing how cool the new Bronco was to reservation was about 5 hours) but for me pulling the trigger was a pretty big thing. When I placed my res it wasn't a "I can always get my $100 back" kind of thing. It was a "I'm 100% buying this vehicle". I travel for work and my airport car is fine...but I've worked pretty hard in my career and while this wasn't totally an impulse buy it was kind of a snap decision.

I was aware that the Bronco was being rebuilt but trying to be financially responsible I had it in my head that I'd just drive my airport car until it died (and it's not a bad car - 2012 Volks CC R Line in great condition with 90,000 miles). However early February we had a mostly socially distanced pizza lunch at my folks house with my sister and her husband and kid (mainly so the grandkids could see their grandparents).

My brother in law is a huge car guy and a professional photographer. He was talking about wanting to get up into remote areas in the mountains (Colorado) to photograph Bighorn sheep and how it would be awesome to have a capable SUV to get up there. That led to talking about cars and we ended up on youtube watching videos of the Bronco. I fell in love instantly. Started looking online and went through the usual confusion only seeing the sport and not understanding why it didn't look like the Bronco in the videos. Took me all of 2 hours to finally figure out what the hell was going on.

Called my closest Ford dealership and talked to a salesman about the likely wait. Given how little we knew back in February I think my salesperson was about as honest as I've come across. He told me that given their allocation it was likely I'd put in my finalized order in @Nov for a '22 and get it sometime late winter. Given the fact that we didn't know about any of these delays back then I feel like he definitely didn't sell me a bill of goods.

After that conversation and knowing I wasn't getting one this year - Decided it was time to get rid of my CC before it fell apart and put in my $100 that night.
Sponsored

Hambone08

Big Bend
First Name
Eli
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

" Save a trip to the dealer" ? The dealer is like 15 mins from my house, give me my Bronco and if there is an issue I will make the long 15 min. drive ............ LOL

Reactions: Jdc

Pitpup

Black Diamond
First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Ford Mustang GT, 2008 Ford Ranger Sport
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond

Sponsored

Bronc-itis

Base
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Q50 (bronco soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
dude, i'm putting like 70% down ...........
It’s crazy. I started cleaning out the garage of old parts and random shit to generate a little cash. It all adds up quick. The longer they wait to get me one, the better. Pay in cash, and get one with all the bugs worked out.

Bronceaux

Base
First Name
Johnny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Base Sasquatch, Chevrolet Z71
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Not that anyone likely cares - but I'll throw in my two cents. There are three big reasons why I'm actually happy to be getting a 2022. In no particular order:

(1) I love the idea of a green bronco. If I don't like the shade I'm already in love with my black Wildtrak build (plus it looks like it's going to be somewhat rare since seems like everyone is going Area 51, Cactus Grey, Antimatter blue, or some form of red). But nevertheless...just think the black looks really sharp (to protect the paint hoping that GOAT truck armor will offer something for the Bronco...they're currently working on it but I guess the amount of aluminum in the Bronco is giving them a bit of a challenge).

(2) I was one of the "lucky" ones who bought a brand new first year model Jeep Grand Cherokee in 1999. That was, without a doubt, the biggest rolling shitpile I've ever driven. Way too many kinks that then got worked out in subsequent years. Since then I've sworn up and down that I'd never buy a first year model of any vehicle. I mean look - if my Wildtrak ended up being built this month I'd be ecstatic (ok so I'm a bit of a hypocrite) but just as a matter of preference I'd rather wait for the second year. Given the issues with the MIC top hopefully they'll get kinks like that worked out quickly.

(3) Finally - my annual pay raise hits the beginning of February. I'm mostly financing this vehicle (probably put $10,000 down or something) but my pay raise will pay for the entirety of my monthly payment. By waiting until 2022 (and since my reservation and order were both February this year I think it's unlikely I'll be seeing my Bronco before my pay raise) I won't have to change my budgeting at all to pay for this.

Other minor stuff - my understanding is I can get stuff like the Brush Guard and a roof rack put on a 2022 Wildtrak. I don't think it would be all that difficult to install the brush guard and I'm sure the roof rack is a simple matter to install/remove but it would be nice to have the ability to just add everything to my order and have it ready to go.
Couldn't help but think of Clark Griswold on the "annual pay raise" reference....LOL

MadMan4BamaNATL

Badlands
First Name
Ray
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco 2DR Badlands Sasquatch, 2021 RR Sport
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Let me save you the trouble, standard responses:

"ok ya cancel...so I can get my sooner"

"give Ford a break"

"here we go again"

Everyone seems eager to get their Bronco, but maybe we should be careful what we ask for...

Companies are notorious nowadays for pushing out half baked products, with the promise of fixing and refining down the road, to expedite their ROI. The MIC roof is turning out to be one of those stories.

The 2021 may go down in history as being a lemon year no one wants. Personally, as the days creep on and more information surfaces, I'd rather wait for that painted top in 2023 to save myself some trips into the dealer and watching my MIC for issues...
Way to rationalize your hating and envy.

In the end, none of us get anywhere without these 2021 early owners. Their experiences help us all in the end and the only reason why you even know of any issues is because they come on here and inform you/us of their experiences.

On top of that, they're out enjoying their Bronco, getting hits on their threads and YouTube videos; maybe some soon to monetize.

Most important, if Ford emailed your ass tomorrow, you'd take whatever they decided to throw at you, just like all of us would.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I don't know, the "new car phobia" has been around forever. And in some cases it was warranted, but not all. I bought one of the first Ford Taurus's in town when they hit the market in 1986. Drove it for 100,000 miles, and only replaced the front rotors and struts. Sold it to a friend who drove it another 25,000 miles. He then sold it to another guy in town, and he drove it until it just wouldn't go anymore. So, it busted the myth. Will the '21 Bronco be the bastard of the bunch? Who knows, only time will tell.

Sponsored

AZshot

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vintage Motorcycles, F-150, various other
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Retitle the thread to be, "Why you don't want a MIC top". That's the main problem, the cheap version of the hard top. I didn't want it 6 months ago, and ordered what I feel will be the "good top", the Modular painted one. But why wait 2 years for it? I can drive a Bronco and get 97% enjoyment out of it with it's free soft top, for years while they get the MOD figured out. And it will work better, look better. People rushing to get a hard top, ANY hard top, are getting hosed with the MIC. It's cheap, plastic looks, it's leaking, it's finish is changing by the day, it's headliner is falling off. Again....why even mess with it? Would you order a convertible Miata, then refuse delivery for 2 years because a hard top isn't available? The vehicle is what matters, not the top.

Ford tested the heck out of the mechanics of the Bronco, the engine, the cooling, the switchgear, the doors, the transmissions, on and on. What they DIDN'T get to test was their sub-contractor's MIC top! So now the lucky buyers are doing that.....

khatch

Wildtrak
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford F150
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

After reading the OP's post about the MY21 Bronco, and a life changing event that occurred this morning, I have come to the realization the I really don't want one. :confused:

I want two! :p
Seriously! You had me concerned. It was the third read that I scrolled down and saw the end.

BigTex

First Edition
First Name
Duke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Mini CooperS Convertible, 2022 F150 Platinum
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

Cancelled the Bronco today. Rubicon Hemi is on the way!
I’ll take your order if it’s a First Edition
Sponsored