Sponsored

Why's the Bronco roof rail system not compatible with the Wildtrak model?

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The only actual Fact we know is that Ford officially stated that if you want the Roof rack on the trims that do not allow them now, you need to wait until the 2022.

With that said, most if not all WTs are probably going to be 2022 anyway... But I agree with the others... Unless you require a roof rack on day 1, aftermarket shall provide.
Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Sponsored

Jpeyer

Badlands
First Name
Joshua
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 F250 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just another argument not understanding constraint. The items are available in limited supply and will be built until they run out as they are receiving more supply. I know I’m preaching to the choir Zack.

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just another argument not understanding constraint. The items are available in limited supply and will be built until they run out as they are receiving more supply. I know I’m preaching to the choir Zack.
Yeah... I just cringe every time someone says with authority that something is true that we don't actually have any evidence to support... like the person who's been going around insisting that as a late 2020 reservation they're going to get a MY23...

...then all the newer forum members who don't have the benefit to the litigation history around here start to believe that WT's will be all FY22... and then they repeat these "facts" when responding to other new members in other threads.

A ton of that was happening in the "what # of # are you" thread... new members responding to new members saying "I heard _____" with demonstrably incorrect info.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I said may because the WT has just about every item on the black list. But you are correct, I'm sure Ford will build some WT this year.

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Like the person who's been going around insisting that as a late 2020 reservation they're going to get a MY23...
I have a late January 21 reservation at a high volume dealer. MY23 is a possibility according to my dealer...FYI

Sponsored
OP
OP
jwhitecarolina

jwhitecarolina

Wildtrak
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Currently: Mercedes Benz G550.
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I have a late January 21 reservation at a high volume dealer. MY23 is a possibility according to my dealer...FYI
I am more convinced by the day that the dealers don't know anything. They are just making it up as they go along. We'll see...

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m surprised they’re saying that. Considering what the projected production volume will be by the end of this year, and certainly into 2022, I didn’t think any of the numbers we have supported the notion that even a reservation made today wouldn’t still be delivered within MY22.

Though I suppose if Ford chooses to split MY22 production between orders and dealer stock, that would push things later than we calculated here... but even then, if I were them I’d at least heavily focus on building units with a buyer attached than ones that will just go to stock.

If someone walks in off the street looking for a Bronco, have them test drive the demo unit then take their order. By that time the wait should only be a few months anyway.

Killed By Death

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW M2C
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m surprised they’re saying that. Considering what the projected production volume will be by the end of this year, and certainly into 2022, I didn’t think any of the numbers we have supported the notion that even a reservation made today wouldn’t still be delivered within MY22.

Though I suppose if Ford chooses to split MY22 production between orders and dealer stock, that would push things later than we calculated here... but even then, if I were them I’d at least heavily focus on building units with a buyer attached than ones that will just go to stock.

If someone walks in off the street looking for a Bronco, have them test drive the demo unit then take their order. By that time the wait should only be a few months anyway.
I hope so! They told me to expect a late summer of 22 delivery. Depending on how late it could be a MY23 depending on the switch over date. I think the are also giving me a worst case scenario not factoring in cancelled or moved reservations. In any case, it is fine with me because I don't need a new car until then. But if it comes earlier I'm cool with that also.

ResidualGenius

Wildtrak
First Name
Zach
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I said may because the WT has just about every item on the black list. But you are correct, I'm sure Ford will build some WT this year.
SO that would mean then NO FE's too. Highly, ok very highly doubtful there

Used2jeep

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Crown Vic P71
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Meaning, wait for a 2022 Bronco? Or just wait for the 2022 roof rail system? I'm beginning to think that going 100% aftermarket on the roof will be easier.
Have your dealer code it 99. You get a revised factory to/trail and someone else moves up.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

SO that would mean then NO FE's too. Highly, ok very highly doubtful there
Actually the opposite... ford had claimed that all the FE would be 2021s so sounds like they have enough parts to make at least those.

Not sure how that effects the folks that want the Black FE interior.
Sponsored