Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Quick question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. Is the Bronco wider than the jeep? Probably the part I hate the most about my jeep is the interior width. And I also haven't seen anyone mention the slide out tailgate, is that standard? Thanks to everyone who makes this place great by the way.
Sponsored

j_marinelli

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Quick question that I haven't seen answered anywhere. Is the Bronco wider than the jeep? Probably the part I hate the most about my jeep is the interior width. And I also haven't seen anyone mention the slide out tailgate, is that standard? Thanks to everyone who makes this place great by the way.

I think I heard in the video the slide out tailgate is optional.

YTFORD

Outer Banks
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Edge ST & 2020 GT PP2
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I dont see the slide out tailgate listed on any of the option tiers though. hmmm.

Nickp

Base
First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 WRANGLER THAT GEICO SPENT $14K FIXING
Your Bronco Model
Base
Bronco is a W I D E B O I indeed. 76” wide, and the wildtrack is 79” wide. Tailgate is an option.

OP
OP
Rhino67

Rhino67

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep, pathfinder, altima (miss my F150)
Your Bronco Model
Base
Thanks guys!

Sponsored

dgorsett

Big Bend
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250, Mustang, Explorer
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

I think I heard in the video the slide out tailgate is optional.
The Jeep has 54" hip room Bronco 56, OAW J 74 B 76/79, Cargo 2d J 12 B 24! 4d J31 B 35

EvlNvrDys

Banned
Big Bend
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'84 Bronco, '93 Bronco, '94 Bronco, 2012 Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

If you ask me, Ford messed up with those fender flares.. They probably take a good 6" of interior room off the boards.

2 Doors: Jeep - 2nd row hip - 45" Bronco - 43"
4 Doors: Jeep - 2nd row hip - 56.7"; Bronco - 54.8"

In most categories the 2 vehicles are both close in size. Some categories Bronco is bigger, and some Jeep is bigger... But like I said in the beginning, dump those flares and extend the body another 2-4" would've been great.

codydb19

Big Bend
First Name
Cody
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Silverado
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

But like I said in the beginning, dump those flares and extend the body another 2-4" would've been great.
Couldn’t agree with this harder. The most rigorous off roading I’m mostly going to be doing with this is some overlanding on dusty, possibly muddy trails. Could have done without the flares. 95% of driving in this thing is just going to be daily driving. I’m a tall boy and while bronco took care of my b-pillar crossmember concerns, some of these pictures have me worried about space for my knees. I would have much rather had no flares and a body that was even just 2-3 inches wider.

DNor

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
G37
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Any thoughts whether Ford will eventually opt for a proper fold-down tailgate option, such as in previous models? A formal rear tailgate with either power solid rear glass, or pop-up windows.

Sponsored

BroncoHooves

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any thoughts whether Ford will eventually opt for a proper fold-down tailgate option, such as in previous models? A formal rear tailgate with either power solid rear glass, or pop-up windows.
Definitely possible on the next redesign. I'm sure Ford wants to recoup the cost of the stamping dies for the first gen though before they think about any redesigns.

MaverickMan

Black Diamond
First Name
Shane
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
96 bronco sport 91 comanche eliminator 93 v8 zj
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
If you ask me, Ford messed up with those fender flares.. They probably take a good 6" of interior room off the boards.

2 Doors: Jeep - 2nd row hip - 45" Bronco - 43"
4 Doors: Jeep - 2nd row hip - 56.7"; Bronco - 54.8"

In most categories the 2 vehicles are both close in size. Some categories Bronco is bigger, and some Jeep is bigger... But like I said in the beginning, dump those flares and extend the body another 2-4" would've been great.
Someone with money go have one sectioned and widened, make it wide enough that the fenders cover the tires like the EB back when everything was under tucked like 3 inches. Thatd be perfect ?

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Couldn’t agree with this harder. The most rigorous off roading I’m mostly going to be doing with this is some overlanding on dusty, possibly muddy trails. Could have done without the flares. 95% of driving in this thing is just going to be daily driving. I’m a tall boy and while bronco took care of my b-pillar crossmember concerns, some of these pictures have me worried about space for my knees. I would have much rather had no flares and a body that was even just 2-3 inches wider.
As a 6’7” gentleman myself Im quite concerned about fitting well in the Bronco at this point. It only has ~2” more legroom and the same headroom as a JL. Does seem a little wider overall but I never have issues there.

I was really hoping it would have been a little bigger.

Hbass321

Outer Banks
First Name
Hunter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
As a 6’7” gentleman myself Im quite concerned about fitting well in the Bronco at this point. It only has ~2” more legroom and the same headroom as a JL. Does seem a little wider overall but I never have issues there.

I was really hoping it would have been a little bigger.
Just to let you know, my brother is 6’7” and he fits in his Gladiator. He has a long torso, so the sound bar is a slight issue, but he feels comfortable width and leg wise. 2” will probably alleviate some of that if you have long legs.

Dmk08

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Walk
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Just to let you know, my brother is 6’7” and he fits in his Gladiator. He has a long torso, so the sound bar is a slight issue, but he feels comfortable width and leg wise. 2” will probably alleviate some of that if you have long legs.
I am also torso tall with wide shoulders. Only 33” inseam on my pants.

I have not driven a gladiator but I drove a rental JL Wrangler 4dr from Atlanta to Nashville and back. It was doable but not comfortable if that makes sense.

Height of the seat was a key issue as you mentioned. I would have probably died in any moderate collision from hitting my head on the bar.
Sponsored