Larry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Badlands Sasquatch, Porsche Macan S
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Went back today and test drove the 2.7 black diamond 2 Dr again as well as an Outer Banks 4 Dr with the 2.3 and the engine noise was noticeably louder on the 2.3. Sport modes did make her happier with both configurations but I think we will go 2.7. Funny even a salesman there was telling my wife she doesn’t need a bronco just a sport. Idiot.
I’m writing this for those looking at waiting a year or more for their Bronco. There are cars coming in…cancelled orders…where you might get lucky. Just do a dealer inventory in-transit search by relevant zip codes.

Certainly agree with the “idiot” assessment.

I’ve had a 4dr 2.3l BadSas 10 sp auto for a month. I’ve put 2300 miles on it…lots of highway but also rural local roads as well. This is my wife’s car. I drive a Macan S. I was thinking I’d want a Ford Performance tune. This car is so much fun! I don’t think I’ve put 200 miles on the Porsche since getting the Bronco.
I am blown away by what this engine can do in this car. There’s often a need to pass slower moving cars on the local roads. I am still shocked every time I punch it and get around cars…quickly! Cruising at 85 highway…no problem.
No need for the performance tune. I’ll get a bigger smile when I reach up and pop open the Sunrider top and let the sunshine in.(Mother’s Day gift…lol).
I grew up(debatable) in the age of the big block V8 muscle car. This 2.3l engine has made me a believer. I also think the SAS tranny makes a difference in the punch factor.
I didn’t order this car…it was a cancelled order from over 19 months ago. I got lucky. I’m not an off-roader , but that’s about to change. I’ll be doing the Bronco Off-Roadeo in NH end of May. Ford comps the day for new Bronco purchasers…jump on that!
Would I have ordered SAS…no way. Would I have ordered the 2.3…uh uh. Would I change a thing on this car…absolutely not. Sometimes better to be lucky than smart.
Congrats on your build…you will love it.
Sponsored

Last edited:

BeerForMyHorses

Base
First Name
Jared
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma TRD Offroad
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

If she didn't like the acceleration lag, get the manual transmission.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The 2.7 has more torque so accelration is better. However, the lag you mentioned is in the auto transmission, waiting on it to decide what to do.

The 2.3 is plenty for 'lighter duty' usage, almost as much HP as the 2.7 and better fuel mileage. The 2.7 has more robust internals, designed as a truck engine for heavier use.
mileage, real world, is the same.

I can average 75 mph and get 22.5-23.5 mpg

Get the 2.7, it's nice. Also, don't forget the advanced 4x4 transfer case and rear locker.

Last edited:

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Order confirmed yesterday.
2 Dr Outer Banks 2.7, 4.27 with rear locking diff. Lux package added Towing and Aux switches.
White with Roast/Onyx interior.
Lets see how it goes!
Did you get the advanced 4x4 transfer case... If not, change it.

My White 2023 2 door Bronco 2.7 OBX adv 4x4 high package with tow and aux switches is due in any day now.

The 2021 has been a beast.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
One last question. This dealer won’t discount the order at all. Is that the norm for all dealers? I know there are plenty that give discounts on an ordered wrangler. Fine if this is just how it goes but if there are any known dealers that do discount an order, please let me know.
Ya, unless you really work for it and want to wait at the end of a very long line... not likely.

I did win the lottery with my 2023 order and got it $2k under invoice plus price protection and other price adjustments. MSRP $51,270 My price $39,521 + TTL, but that's a perfect storm. I paid $47,953 for my 2021 2 door Bronco OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with the Lux and Tow packages.

Sponsored

BigBendBW

Heritage
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Base Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
I’m writing this for those looking at waiting a year or more for their Bronco. There are cars coming in…cancelled orders…where you might get lucky. Just do a dealer inventory in-transit search by relevant zip codes.

Certainly agree with the “idiot” assessment.

I’ve had a 4dr 2.3l BadSas 10 sp auto for a month. I’ve put 2300 miles on it…lots of highway but also rural local roads as well. This is my wife’s car. I drive a Macan S. I was thinking I’d want a Ford Performance tune. This car is so much fun! I don’t think I’ve put 200 miles on the Porsche since getting the Bronco.
I am blown away by what this engine can do in this car. There’s often a need to pass slower moving cars on the local roads. I am still shocked every time I punch it and get around cars…quickly! Cruising at 85 highway…no problem.
No need for the performance tune. I’ll get a bigger smile when I reach up and pop open the Sunrider top and let the sunshine in.(Mother’s Day gift…lol).
I grew up(debatable) in the age of the big block V8 muscle car. This 2.3l engine has made me a believer. I also think the SAS tranny makes a difference in the punch factor.
I didn’t order this car…it was a cancelled order from over 19 months ago. I got lucky. I’m not an off-roader , but that’s about to change. I’ll be doing the Bronco Off-Roadeo in NH end of May. Ford comps the day for new Bronco purchasers…jump on that!
Would I have ordered SAS…no way. Would I have ordered the 2.3…uh uh. Would I change a thing on this car…absolutely not. Sometimes better to be lucky than smart.
Congrats on your build…you will love it.
I have the tune and am so glad I did it. Shift points alone make it worth it and it is definitely quicker.

OP
OP
rizion

rizion

First Name
Caleb
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 JL 2dr, '21 Q5
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Ya, unless you really work for it and want to wait at the end of a very long line... not likely.

I did win the lottery with my 2023 order and got it $2k under invoice plus price protection and other price adjustments. MSRP $51,270 My price $39,521 + TTL, but that's a perfect storm. I paid $47,953 for my 2021 2 door Bronco OBX 2.7 advanced 4x4 with the Lux and Tow packages.
I hope for me you meant $49,521 haha
This package is $55,500 msrp and they won’t budge on that.

MNBigfoot

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F150
Your Bronco Model
Base
I hope for me you meant $49,521 haha
This package is $55,500 msrp and they won’t budge on that.
A couple Dealerships offered discounts, they received hundreds of orders beyond their allotted sales (long story), so people placed an order in MY21 and didn't receive them till 23. Prices jumped $8k and they got their Broncos at $11k under MY23 MSRP. If you didn't get the keypad for $100, I'd recommend it.

Some Gamer

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Order confirmed yesterday.
2 Dr Outer Banks 2.7, 4.27 with rear locking diff. Lux package added Towing and Aux switches.
White with Roast/Onyx interior.
Lets see how it goes!
You're in a JL AND your wife is geting a new Bronco? I've gotta say, in this life thing, you sir, are winning. Congrats on the awesome new ride. đź‘Ť

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I have a lifted 2 door SAS Badlands. Love it. This weekend I’ve had the opportunity to ride in and drive my in-laws Outerbanks Sport. My initial impression of the Sport…what a POS. You could not give me one. Seats are narrower than those in my Bronco. They are not as cushioned as my MGV. I rode once in the rear seat. That was the worst vehicle seat I’ve ever sat in, and I’ve been in some pretty crappy helicopter seats. The suspension sucks when compared to my SAS suspension. Much harsher ride.
Seats are like shoes, very personal. The leather seats in the Badlands Sport are just as good to me as the MGV in my Bronco.

I traded a loaded 21 Bronco Sport Badlands in on my Loaded Bronco Badlands. Putting aside the manual trans in the Bronco, because there's no comparing an auto vs manual, the Sport is equal to or better in almost every way to Bronco as a daily driver. I could give an honest recommendation of the Sport over Bronco to most people who stay on the road or easy trails.

It rides, steers, stops better, and is quieter.
Gets better MPG and has a better thought out interior.
Ingress and egress are easier. Using the rear storage area is far easier.
What it really lacks is the "COOL" factor of the Bronco and Sync 4 on a big screen.

Am I going to trade my Bronco in for a Sport, if things do not change (money, health) nope!

Sponsored

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Seats are like shoes, very personal. The leather seats in the Badlands Sport are just as good to me as the MGV in my Bronco.

I traded a loaded 21 Bronco Sport Badlands in on my Loaded Bronco Badlands. Putting aside the manual trans in the Bronco, because there's no comparing an auto vs manual, the Sport is equal to or better in almost every way to Bronco as a daily driver. I could give an honest recommendation of the Sport over Bronco to most people who stay on the road or easy trails.

It rides, steers, stops better, and is quieter.
Gets better MPG and has a better thought out interior.
Ingress and egress are easier. Using the rear storage area is far easier.
What it really lacks is the "COOL" factor of the Bronco and Sync 4 on a big screen.

Am I going to trade my Bronco in for a Sport, if things do not change (money, health) nope!
With the exception of MPG statement, nothing else in your description matched my experience. With the narrower seats, my body type could not find one position that ever felt comfortable. I had to be very careful not to hit my head on entry and exit. There was an extremely annoying and loud rattle coming from the passenger side door area. My Bronco Badlands does not rattle at all. And the Outer Banks Sport Leather seats had no where near the padding and cushy feel of my MGV seats. Lastly, I have the 2.7L. The Sport had the 2.0. I was not overly impressed with it, and I could never use it as a daily. But my opinion here would be biased and based off of what my daily actually is…a full size Ram TRX. And, I could care less about the Bronco Sports COOL factor, as it wasn’t my vehicle. It was a loaner from a family member. I have no opinion on rear access, as I never opened the hatch, so I’ll take your word on that point.

Last edited:

Hoozeygrl

Wildtrak
First Name
Erin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Bronco Wiltrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

As a female that went from a Tesla Model 3 to a 2023 2 door Wildtrak SAS, I can confirm your wife won’t miss the pep as much as she thinks she will. Especially in sport mode. :) The ride height alone was worth the switch.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
With the exception of MPG statement, nothing else in your description matched my experience. With the narrower seats, my body type could not find one position that ever felt comfortable. I had to be very careful not to hit my head on entry and exit. There was an extremely annoying and loud rattle coming from the passenger side door area. My Bronco Badlands does not rattle at all. And the Outer Banks Sport Leather seats had no where near the padding and cushy feel of my MGV seats. I could never use it as a daily. But my opinion here would be based off of what my daily actually is…a full size Ram TRX. And, I could care less about the Bronco Sports COOL factor, as it wasn’t my vehicle. It was a loaner from a family member. And I have no opinion on rear access, as I never opened the hatch, so I’ll take your word on that point.
What I remember from my test drive of an Outer Banks Sport is that it was just ok. I would not have bought it. The Badlands Sport was so much better.

Sounds like you are a taller person, smaller vehicles may not be for you.

My Sport had one rattle that was easily mitigated. My Bronco rattles like it has half a dozen lost bolts under the trim panels. Ford quality...

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
What I remember from my test drive of an Outer Banks Sport is that it was just ok. I would not have bought it. The Badlands Sport was so much better.

Sounds like you are a taller person, smaller vehicles may not be for you.

My Sport had one rattle that was easily mitigated. My Bronco rattles like it has half a dozen lost bolts under the trim panels. Ford quality...
I don’t know for sure, but I suspect there’s a difference in suspension between the OBX Sport and the BL Sport.

JerryC

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I don’t know for sure, but I suspect there’s a difference in suspension between the OBX Sport and the BL Sport.
There is, of the top of my head I think it's about an inch of lift with softer airings and sway bars.
Sponsored