Sponsored

Wife No Longer Needs Bronco. Need Advice on Next Steps.

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

-- selling one's reservation spot (can this even be done)?
No.
...and really, anybody doing a 30 second google search would see that it is worthless at the moment anyways.
Hell, you can't even get it built!

-- waiting for the car but then turning around and selling it .... How long do you intend to wait this out? Will the market even be hot by then? What if the fragile economy tanks and demand for all these NEW TOYS goes right out the window?

(again, can this be done even before the car arrives)? I suppose, but what do you have to sell? What are you closing on? What is the place holder while they wait? Will the market hold for that long...How long? If the used car market corrects in 18 months and your 4dr hard top is just getting built ... was it worth it? Will your buyer still be happy at MSRP+ in a shitty market?

Again, we've never been in this situation before and would like feedback both on the nuts and bolts of how to do this (eBay for example?) as well as the ethics of doing it. Thanks so much for your help!

Ethics? It's business, it's a free market. Once you own it, you can do as you please with it.
Would you sell your house at cost (or below market) because somebody feels they have a right to below market housing? ... because they feel they like it more than you do, therefore they have a claim on it more than the rich guy?

Once you own it being a VERY key element right now though.

/Rich
All in all, there is little harm in waiting it out. That little harm being , it may delay somebody else's reservation from getting built, somebody who really wants theirs.
That's about the only ethical dilemma I see.
My point of view is, you did what you were supposed to do when you were supposed to do it. It's not your fault they are in line behind you. They won't feel sorry if theirs gets built first ... so... whatever.

... or change to a miracle build, 4dr softie , no options and see what happens ... and see if the market is still hot .... IF ..... you get it soon enough.
Never know unless you try, but I'm not certain in the profit potential of a 2nd hand plain janer, even right now.
Sponsored

jedmisten

Badlands
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Ford Flex
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I think even if you cancel your order, the dealership still has that ordered Bronco. No one is moving up. My parents had a Bronco Sport on order, canceled it, and it still showed up sixth months later.

DFNMAN

Base
First Name
Anthony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21' 2dr, 15' M3, 07' FJ, 03' M3, 79' 928
Your Bronco Model
Base
Wait until it's built and see what they are selling for. It's not like you have to make a decision immediately.

AZSky

Heritage
First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Heritage, Mach E, EV6
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

Offer it here at cost.
Or, put it on Turo, will be paid in 3 years back.

Cornbred

Raptor
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 F-250/Edge, 14 F150,202? Bronco Base/Raptor
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
You could just put both the bronco and 4Runner up for sale and keep whichever doesn’t sell...if you can do that financially. My wife has a 2017 Ford Edge with 7k miles and that’s what she has talked about doing (if she takes delivery of bronco and people are still getting insane prices), but she has also said she wants to keep the Edge and Bronco. Her cars and her money so I don’t care...other then having a extra car in my way.

Sponsored

tn3sport

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford 4x4, BMW, Mustang, several adventure bikes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you know and trust your dealer (i.e. no history of nefarious behavior to reservation holders) then call and ask what your options are... Assuming you put $1000 down when you placed your order....and would like to see that money refunded, they might be willing to work with you.
I'm reserved at a high volume dealer that has ensured all reservation holders take delivery at MSRP with no ADM. However, they do markup and sell, at significant profit, those orders that get delivered and canceled by the reservation holder. (Reservation holder decides to cancel upon delivery). Doesn't hurt to call and talk to your dealer.

Ice Age

Raptor
First Name
GG
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT500
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
The dealer will just keep the order and won’t disclose to you they didn’t cancel it. Don’t tell them anything I mean hell they sure haven’t been telling you anything. And heck you didn’t predict this fiasco so how can you predict the future at this point. If you put a big deposit down which I doubt you did then mums the word. Evaluate one she comes in 6 months a year from now. And 4 Runners get great money used which should be another reason just chill for the time being.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I 99% won't need my Bronco res. My D90 order looks like will beat it here before i even stop getting my production date pushed (day 2 res).

My plan is tob wait and see what the market is like at arrival.

- market back to normal? I'll abandon it.
- market still high? Take it and sell it.

Ideally I show up and my dealer offers me X over to buy it back. Likely won't happen as my dealer seems to be playing by the rules (this is a compliment).

PavementQueen

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I 99% won't need my Bronco res. My D90 order looks like will beat it here before i even stop getting my production date pushed (day 2 res).

My plan is tob wait and see what the market is like at arrival.

- market back to normal? I'll abandon it.
- market still high? Take it and sell it.

Ideally I show up and my dealer offers me X over to buy it back. Likely won't happen as my dealer seems to be playing by the rules (this is a compliment).
Do you think this is realistic? I took delivery of mine on Dec 23rd. On Christmas eve I drove it 1.5 hours each way to my grandparents and discovered that it absolutely kills my back and hips. Pain I haven't felt since I had my Wrangler. Got back from vacation on Jan 2nd and drove it to work yesterday. They turned the power off at lunch so I went to the bronco to lay down for a half hour and again it killed my back for the rest of the day. I got home and had to lay in bed the rest of the night, disclaimer is I have spinal stenosis. I went to the off roadeo and had a great time driving a 2 door base and had no issues or I would have cancelled my order earlier. My discovery is that the power leather seats don't adjust as necessary to keep your knees lower than your hips. I drove my wifes car to work today, and have a Bronco I waited since 7/14/2020 for that has like 290 miles on it in my garage I can't comfortably drive and don't know what to do with it. At this point I just want my money back and don't want to get raped from the tax either.(OTD almost 67k no lein) I'll probably check with the dealer today or tomorrow if they'll buy it back for that, as they have my storage bags they forgot to give me waiting for me to pick up. Already installed the console safe and bought stickers and badges for it as well.

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Do you think this is realistic? I took delivery of mine on Dec 23rd. On Christmas eve I drove it 1.5 hours each way to my grandparents and discovered that it absolutely kills my back and hips. Pain I haven't felt since I had my Wrangler. Got back from vacation on Jan 2nd and drove it to work yesterday. They turned the power off at lunch so I went to the bronco to lay down for a half hour and again it killed my back for the rest of the day. I got home and had to lay in bed the rest of the night, disclaimer is I have spinal stenosis. I went to the off roadeo and had a great time driving a 2 door base and had no issues or I would have cancelled my order earlier. My discovery is that the power leather seats don't adjust as necessary to keep your knees lower than your hips. I drove my wifes car to work today, and have a Bronco I waited since 7/14/2020 for that has like 290 miles on it in my garage I can't comfortably drive and don't know what to do with it. At this point I just want my money back and don't want to get raped from the tax either.(OTD almost 67k no lein) I'll probably check with the dealer today or tomorrow if they'll buy it back for that, as they have my storage bags they forgot to give me waiting for me to pick up. Already installed the console safe and bought stickers and badges for it as well.
really depends on your dealer. i have read of plenty offering X over just to buy it back. If your dealer is willing to do that I dont see why they would not buy yours back. just go in at an angle that you dont care if you sell it or not. if they sense you want to get rid of it they will low ball you.

another option is to sell it online to Vroom, Carvana, AlGo. I have sold 2 cars to AlGo at around 5k more than any dealer would give me. Super simple process.

Sponsored

bikearch

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 camaro
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Doesn't want a bronco????...sounds like a character flaw!!!...have you thought about therapy ( needed regardless due to the wait/process) and or divorce and you keep her order and wait it out like a man!!!!...............I am just joking of course!!

OP
OP
rcl4668

rcl4668

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang Bullitt, 2023 Bronco Heritage Edition
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Thanks for the replies everyone. Just as an FYI, car is a 2022 Cactus Gray 4 door Big Bend with MIC top, roof rack, cloth/black seats, mid package, tube step, engine block heater, floor liners, towing package.

Jofenech

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
maybe Just swap out seats, likely dealer would do that for you ?

Panaran

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CX5
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
My wife is an early reservation holder (she ordered in July a week or two after reservations for the 2021 Bronco opened). Car is still on order with no estimate for production or delivery. In the meantime, my wife couldn't wait as she needed a car for inclement weather, etc. and purchased a 2021 Toyota 4Runner. Her Bronco (at this point) is a 2022 4-door Big Bend with roof rack, automatic, 2.3L engine with some other options. Question: We've never been in this situation with a car that has been this significantly delayed. What are the merits/pros and cons of:

-- selling one's reservation spot (can this even be done)?

-- waiting for the car but then turning around and selling it (again, can this be done even before the car arrives)?

Again, we've never been in this situation before and would like feedback both on the nuts and bolts of how to do this (eBay for example?) as well as the ethics of doing it. Thanks so much for your help!

/Rich
I would keep the reservation as is, and wait for it to be built and delivered and then decide what you want to do. You should still be able to flip it for a profit in 2022, and if not, you can always decline to buy it and get your deposit money back.

Exomodo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Whatever you decide, just don’t let the dealer get it.
Shows poor character/understanding. The dealer gets this Bronco and every Bronco that passes through their lot regardless. The only recompense they have is to recover their deposit, otherwise, this and all 'canceled Broncos remain in their order books. To believe otherwise is self deception. That is the dealer model Ford has created.
Sponsored