Wife not impressed - dream may be dead

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
Sponsored

Rick Astley

Raptor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
d
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
4Runner will certainly ride the way that your typical lady will like and enjoy.

Pretty difficult to claim the Toyota switchgear (produced in 1997, still in use today!) is anything to write home about, and their seat materials haven't improved since the last time their customers demanded improvements in the vehicles (never).

It's a great all-around vehicle and i've noticed a lot of ladies really enjoy the 4-runner.

That the Bronco is vastly more focused on what it can do off roads rather than looking like a Toyota will, no doubt, turn a lot of people off.

Good luck with your quest for the perfect wife-mobile!

Sponsored

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Try to find a dealer who's demo is an OBX, BL or WT with the 12" screen high package and possibly leather. The 8" screen with ugly bezel can't help but make the lower trims seem cheap. The center console in the BB is also very cheap looking without the auto climate control.

You may have screwed up with the BB being her first impression as it it doesn't have much to offer in the way of frills and appearance inside or out. Search hard for a better appointed model, try again and explain to her that the BB was the entry level model. Also remind her that you live in Cali and the top will be down 90% of the time.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The top was sagging and hitting your head? I don't see how that is possible unless it was in sunrider position and you were sitting in the back. My husband is 6'2" and he just has to be careful of the sides when he gets in. There is plenty of headroom when seated.

A lot of the complaints about the Bronco I see on this forum are from car drivers. I can tell a big difference coming from my truck, and it rides even better than my F150.

I think the interior is good, especially coming from a slightly older truck. There is no way the 4Runner has a better interior. I can tell you 100% for certain that their v-6 sucks compared to the 2.7. Sounds like you don't have a reservation or an order, so good luck with whatever you choose.

kodiakisland

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
12 Tacoma, 18 Indian, 23 GV70
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Soft top ugly- yep.
Rear seats don’t fold flat-yep.

The top you can fix. I’ll be removing my seats altogether since they don’t do what they should have been designed to do in the first place.

Sponsored

WillisC’onnors

Base
First Name
Will
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco (soon)
Your Bronco Model
Base
How is this supposed to help him convince his wife to get a Bronco?? Talk about way of topic.
I’m using my phone and while B6G was loading I thought that I clicked the 6/30 blend date post. My bad!