First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford F250
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
Buy her what she wants. You buy what you want. Simple fix. I frankly don't give a fat frog's fanny if my wife likes my ride.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
Our story starts in a similar place but has a different ending. I have been happily driving a 2019 Ranger Lariat bought new, and my inclination, if it were up to me, would be to keep driving it past five years and 100,000 miles before trading it in for something newer, like we always do. My wife does not drive, but we must agree on major purchases, such as automobiles, to go forward. She has always liked the Ranger from the passenger's seat. So, here we are at five years but only 35,000 miles, and the wife starts noticing Broncos on the road and thinking how much more inside-cabin space they would have for all our junk without sacrificing any of the ruggedness and off-road capabilities of the Ranger. She tells me to arrange a test drive, which I do, that is, me driving and her riding shotgun. She loved the Bronco, especially the suspension and the in-cabin tech, and wanted to trade the Ranger in for one right away. I love the Ranger and would have bought a new one, but being nagged by your wife to get a new Bronco is not a bad place to be, I tell myself. So we did a Build and Price together with the sales representative, and she had no problem with my picking out an Outer Banks with four doors, a High/Lux Package, the 2.7 V6, etc., all the goodies that I would have put on my dream Ranger of the future, which is, apparently, not to be. To make a long story short, we have a build date of May 12 and are looking forward to joining the Bronco Nation sometime in the fall...
Sponsored