First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
SORRY to hear about the divorceā€¦
Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha! Opposite for me. Picked my BD up on Friday and now I have to choose between it and my M240i. My husband doesnā€™t want it, well heā€™s English and not into offroading, period. His outdoor activities consist of mountain biking and skiing. Spouse trade? šŸ˜‚
I have a high mileage ex-wife available... LOL.

survivormanca

Badlands
First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
nothing
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I don't know how your head hit the soft top. I am 6'7 and I have 5 inches over my head of head room.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The 4Runner interior is dramatically better than the Bronco in terms of material and fitment, no comparison.

My 2016 TRD Pro has 46k miles and the seats look new, the Bronco leather seats looked stretched and worn after a few hundred miles. I loathe early wear on seats, especially bolsters, always turns me off.

This isnā€™t bias, itā€™s just something Iā€™ll have to live with if I keep my order. Currently my Bronco is on DM (7/23) and is trimmed with MGV, I think itā€™s way too thin, very unimpressed along with the cheap plastic interior and no rear AC vents. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø
I always enjoy hyperbole, but not when it's this misinformed. Where are you getting this information about Bronco seats being stretched and worn after a few hundred miles? :LOL: Also, there are rear air vents.

Of course this post is biased. What you're saying is all opinion - loathe, turns me off, something I'll have to live with, unimpressed - these are all opinion/feeling words.

Enjoy your Toyota.

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Well, every 7 years or so they make them uglier, but that's about it.
People are ragging on Forerunners the way Jeep owners rag on Broncos. (except that at least the Jeep owners actually have their vehicles)

I saw a Forerunner today in Toyota's Cactus Gray and thought it looked quite good.

Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead 4RunnerStudio1

Sponsored

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People are ragging on Forerunners the way Jeep owners rag on Broncos. (except that at least the Jeep owners actually have their vehicles)

I saw a Forerunner today in Toyota's Cactus Gray and thought it looked quite good.

Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead 4RunnerStudio1
Now try driving one. Try putting your foot all the way down in the gas pedal and feel the disappointment.

Pressurized

Outer Banks
First Name
Rod
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gen 6 Bronco - Jeep JKU - Wrangler LJ (sold)
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Toyota's are ugly... What's that got like 6" of ground clearance under that skid plate???

Most Jeep owners rag less on Bronco's than Toyota owners rag on Jeep owners.... But it's ok, I'll still winch those Toyota's off the obstacles they can't climb. ;)

Broncodave

Black Diamond
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Challenger/Nissan Xterra
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Now try driving one. Try putting your foot all the way down in the gas pedal and feel the disappointment.
My daughter drove one when she was babysitting for some friends and she loved it. Are there different engine options?

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
An Instagram account for female 4Runner owners is impossible - the servers can't handle that number of members. ;)
Followers, not members. Come on man, step up your social game.

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

My daughter drove one when she was babysitting for some friends and she loved it. Are there different engine options?
I'm not sure about that. I just test drove one and thought it was blah at best.

Sponsored

AK SNO RIDER

First Edition
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT350, '04 6.0, '76 High Boy
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
I'm amazed how many people are still complaining about the interior on the Bronco. It's a 4-wheel drive utility vehicle that starts under $30k with the ability to upgrade to higher end interiors.

And I don't get all the complaints about plastic. That's what vehicle interiors at this price point are made of. What are we expecting here...carbon fiber and wood inlays? People looking for champagne interiors on beer budgets.

Car interiors are getting good, and you can get a lot at this price point if you look around. The Bronco isn't the worst out there, but it could have been better for the price.

A Wildtrak and a loaded GV70 aren't far apart in price, and the Genesis looks like this inside.

Yes, we all know they had to skimp on the interior a little to maintain the price point with the offroad tech, but they definitely could have done at least a little bit better.

Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead Screenshot_20210921-132648_Gallery

Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead Screenshot_20210921-132653_Gallery

bob.walnut12

Badlands
First Name
B
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
echoing the 'new wife' comments. šŸ˜‰

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I'm perplexed by some of the responses to my interior comments as I mentioned we have BOTH vehicles, well technically my wife will have her Bronco Wednesday and mine has been on dirt mountain since 7/23.

Obviously we're fans of the Bronco or we wouldn't have ordered two, but I absolutely question the durability of MGV and leather, I guess time will tell. We'll see if my wife keeps the Bronco, she's an avid waterfowler - needs space for the birddog and proper rear ventilation, an air duct under the front seat is not what I consider rear air conditioning. :LOL:

Here's my 4Runner and wife's GX470.

Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead IMG_5351

Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead IMG_2522
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead IMG_7079
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead DSC02661

DSC02661.jpg

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Car interiors are getting good, and you can get a lot at this price point if you look around. The Bronco isn't the worst out there, but it could have been better for the price.

A Wildtrak and a loaded GV70 aren't far apart in price, and the Genesis looks like this inside.

Yes, we all know they had to skimp on the interior a little to maintain the price point with the offroad tech, but they definitely could have done at least a little bit better.

Screenshot_20210921-132648_Gallery.jpg

Screenshot_20210921-132653_Gallery.jpg
You brought up something I completely overlooked. The tech is amazing
Itā€™s not a Tesla, itā€™s an ā€œoff road vehicleā€ as so many commonly reference on this forum. šŸ˜‰

Southern Girl

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Itā€™s not a Tesla, itā€™s an ā€œoff road vehicleā€ as so many commonly reference on this forum. šŸ˜‰
Now try the 2.7L then get back to me. :LOL:
Sponsored