2Jeeps&PatriotX1

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 4dr Badsquatch, ‘05 LJ & ‘17 F150
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Thankfully, my wife doesnt like the 4runner interior and doesnt want to be like everyone else here in CO. They either drive a jeep, 4runner or Subaru lol. She works in a small office and 7 out of 9 coworkers drive a 4runner. She’s coming from a ‘18 GC Trailhawk and is excited as can be waiting for her 4dr BL, 2.7, LUX.
Sponsored

Last edited:

Aviationtech101

Base
First Name
Ty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Outback
Your Bronco Model
Base
Same here. My dealer got a 2.7 Big Bend sas, and my wife was completely unimpressed. She didn’t like the soft top, and the first thing she did was crank the radio and start laughing. I was a little surprised myself on how the mid package felt pretty bare bones in terms of creature comforts. One thing that I never thought would ever cross my mind was the door handles. On a $50k ride, I don’t want a plastic feeling handle. It was just little things like that. Drove really nice though. I think maybe we would’ve had a little more fun if they would’ve just let us drive it by ourselves for a minute, but instead they sent this rather large fella to ride with us. He was probably pushing 400+ so my wife felt bad for making him sit in the back. Needless to say, she’s stuck on the explorer or 4runner.

Lagrange 6g

Black Diamond
First Name
Tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 f250 2014 landcruiser 1978 cj5
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
Interesting min review I’m 6’3” and top of my head is still 3” below top I know the seats in bd that u crank up and down so that may be it My wife wouldn’t talk to me about my enthusiasm for this vehicle for 14 months once I got it home she wants to drive it now She has an LC 200 Landcruiser that’s great but meh and we’ve had Jeep’s Get whatever u want but I am impressed and expectations were beyond what I thought this vehicle would end up being
I should clarify the lc200 is very comfortable great with the kids and durable has all the creature comforts and soft leather and video screen really great car Bronco is different as it should be I’ve only used trail assist once in the lc200 maybe Toyota pioneered this but it’s there to use maybe that’s why I got the base manual bd don’t think I need it Oh and the Landcruiser has all those cameras as well Not as good as the Ford ones but if I’m not using them off road in the Toyota doubt they will be needed in bronco IMO

Last edited:

acnp2022

Banned
Base
Banned
Banned
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
ford
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

Your wife is getting a vehicle and yet you want her to get one that you like and not one that she likes? Did I understand all this correctly? No wonder the divorce rate is so high
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.

Sponsored

HoosierDaddy

Badlands
First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
68&69 Broncos, 21 AMB Base 2dr, 23 VB BL 4dr
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’m using my phone and while B6G was loading I thought that I clicked the 6/30 blend date post. My bad!
As part of the DMG, I'm glad you fucked up. I'll share this around.
LOL.

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
A man’s got to know his limitations.
Let your wife pick her ride, then when your trucks older you can keep it as a beater/work/hunting/fishing rig and rock a Bronco as your DD & off road fun machine.

WyoBronc

Wildtrak
First Name
Kerry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ranger, 2021 Bronco BB, 2006 Saturn Vue
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
That’s a tough call. So, just how attached are you to your current spouse?

Sponsored

VictoryLights

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Pilot
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The big screw up was putting her in a Big Bend. I know you don’t have many options, but the models with 8” screen, cloth, and mid package are not going to impress the wives.

stampede1

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
The big screw up was putting her in a Big Bend. I know you don’t have many options, but the models with 8” screen, cloth, and mid package are not going to impress the wives.
You nailed it! Wrong bronco to use a a make or break test drive. If his wife buys something else he better hope she doesn’t have a friend buy a OBX or WT fully optioned because she will probably be pissed that she did not buy one.