First Name
Glenn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln MKC
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
My wife likes the Bronco. She likes the 2 door WAY more than the 4 door. She likes it for me. Guess I am lucky. Now all I have to do is order it and hope I get in a year. Thats the big sticking point. The delivery timeframe. BTW, when does those 2022 orders get placed, do we know yet? šŸ˜‚ Best of luck to you sir.
Sponsored

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey same issue for me, luckily I found a solution.

Original plan was to trade in her Ford Focus to get the Broncoā€¦ and I would keep my daily driver (a much older Focus). She would use the Bronco to haul the kids around during the day, and it would be a weekend/vacation fun vehicle. BUTā€¦. she just didnā€™t like the Bronco at all, and was MUCH more inclined to get the Ford Explorer in the Timberline trim.

My ā€œsolutionā€œ came in the form of a giant oak tree than unexpectedly smashed her Focus (and also ruined my deck). Insurance gave us only $100 less than what we originally paid for the Focus thanks to the extremely inflated vehicle market right now. So we flipped that around and she is now driving an Escape, which is what she truly wanted all-along.

As long as no further trees come down to ruin my party, Iā€™m on track to buying the Bronco for myselfā€”albeit at a lower trim level to since I had to unexpectedly buy an Escape.

So I would suggest going to ask your closest tree nicely to come down on top of one of your vehicles (and ideally miss your house).

Lucchese

Black Diamond
First Name
Joseph
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Black Diamond, '90 4Runner, + bikes
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

. . . unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed . . .

Hey . . . . Broncos are not meant for guys who get pushed around by their wives . . . . ;)

Brichan

Badlands
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ram 1500
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Iā€™m using my phone and while B6G was loading I thought that I clicked the 6/30 blend date post. My bad!
Hey I thought you were telling him the hard tops are coming back soon, to alleviate her soft top concerns. Fits for me šŸ˜€

Sponsored
OP
OP

BackcountryBirds

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ram Power Wagon
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Original poster here. Not that anyone reads follow on posts on page 3 but thought I would reply anyway.

I should have noted that we aren't actively car shopping or anything. Have another year or two before we are ready to buy. We haven't test drove a four runner recently and have no doubt the current interior is dated. My guess is she will probably want to wait for the next update by Toyota would be my guess. I just hope she doesn't settle on a highlander or something that can't get down a gravel road!

And for those of you worried about my marriage, while I appreciate the concern. My post was tongue in cheek. I of course am going to let my wife choose whatever vehicle she wants like she did for me when I bought my truck. I was just secretly hoping the bronco would be perfect for her and I could have some fun too!

Years down the road, I may look at picking up a basesquatch or something used or maybe wait for an electric bronco as a DD for around town and beach runs and keep the truck as a beater for the work and hunting. My truck is really my dream vehicle, but hey why not two dream vehicles!

I like the idea of showing her a high end badlands or wildtrack for a fair comparison, just have to wait to see one of those on the lot.

I just thought it was kind of a funny situation and a bit surprised by her reaction so thought I would share with y'all!

BroncMO

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Same here. My dealer got a 2.7 Big Bend sas, and my wife was completely unimpressed. She didnā€™t like the soft top, and the first thing she did was crank the radio and start laughing. I was a little surprised myself on how the mid package felt pretty bare bones in terms of creature comforts. One thing that I never thought would ever cross my mind was the door handles. On a $50k ride, I donā€™t want a plastic feeling handle. It was just little things like that. Drove really nice though. I think maybe we wouldā€™ve had a little more fun if they wouldā€™ve just let us drive it by ourselves for a minute, but instead they sent this rather large fella to ride with us. He was probably pushing 400+ so my wife felt bad for making him sit in the back. Needless to say, sheā€™s stuck on the explorer or 4runner.
The plastic mirrors and door handles are ridiculous, but they seem to get a lot of love on here over body colored ones.

Razorbak86

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, BMW R1150 GS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The plastic mirrors and door handles are ridiculous, but they seem to get a lot of love on here over body colored ones.
What material is used for the body-colored mirrors and door handles?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
You just need the right upgrades to convince her!

Moya7

Base
First Name
Maureen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 BMW M240i, 2015 BMW 435i
Your Bronco Model
Base
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
Ha! Opposite for me. Picked my BD up on Friday and now I have to choose between it and my M240i. My husband doesnā€™t want it, well heā€™s English and not into offroading, period. His outdoor activities consist of mountain biking and skiing. Spouse trade? šŸ˜‚

Sponsored

Montana Bronco

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Chevy
Your Bronco Model
Base
Clubs

my head hit at only 6' 3".
Not buying this statement. I test drove the one at Bozeman Ford, itā€™s a soft top, and Iā€™m 6ā€™2ā€ and was wearing a cowboy hat. My head did not hit, neither did my Stetson. I even reached up over my hat to feel and had several inches clearance.

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The top was sagging and hitting your head? I don't see how that is possible unless it was in sunrider position and you were sitting in the back. My husband is 6'2" and he just has to be careful of the sides when he gets in. There is plenty of headroom when seated.

A lot of the complaints about the Bronco I see on this forum are from car drivers. I can tell a big difference coming from my truck, and it rides even better than my F150.

I think the interior is good, especially coming from a slightly older truck. There is no way the 4Runner has a better interior. I can tell you 100% for certain that their v-6 sucks compared to the 2.7. Sounds like you don't have a reservation or an order, so good luck with whatever you choose.
The 4Runner interior is dramatically better than the Bronco in terms of material and fitment, no comparison.

My 2016 TRD Pro has 46k miles and the seats look new, the Bronco leather seats looked stretched and worn after a few hundred miles. I loathe early wear on seats, especially bolsters, always turns me off.

This isnā€™t bias, itā€™s just something Iā€™ll have to live with if I keep my order. Currently my Bronco is on DM (7/23) and is trimmed with MGV, I think itā€™s way too thin, very unimpressed along with the cheap plastic interior and no rear AC vents. šŸ¤¦ā€ā™‚ļø

SilverBullets

Outer Banks
First Name
Brady
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Porsche Cayman S
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Ha! Opposite for me. Picked my BD up on Friday and now I have to choose between it and my M240i. My husband doesnā€™t want it, well heā€™s English and not into offroading, period. His outdoor activities consist of mountain biking and skiing. Spouse trade? šŸ˜‚
just keep them both lol

Iā€™m in for the quite the adjustment. I sold my 2014 Touareg back in April thinking my Bronco would arrive by end of summer. Itā€™s stuck on dirt mountain. Iā€™ve been daily driving my cayman which couldnā€™t be more of an opposite vehicle to the bronco lol itā€™s tiny, handles on rails and has pretty unparalleled fit and finish in the interiorā€¦ the bronco is going to be an interesting adjustment for me lol.

my Touareg previously got 60% of my driving time and the cayman got 40%ā€¦ I have a feeling itā€™ll be 65% cayman and 35% bronco lol

jacobim

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!
All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.

Sounds like your wife needs a truck so you can drive the Bronco :)
Sponsored