Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
Did you tell her your parents weren’t initially impressed?
😂
Sponsored

AP_2004

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E46 M3, IS250
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Have you been in a 4Runner? Because Toyota interiors make Fords feel a like a Mercedes.
I was very unimpressed with the Bronco interior esp for the price of the OBX. And you say the 4Runner is worse?!? I may have to find a 4Runner to test drive just to see if it’s really that bad….lol

BennyBronco69

Badlands
First Name
Gordon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BWM M4
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I could never live this way lol

We have 2 accounts. 1 is mine. 1 is hers.

We both contribute to living finances. We both contribute to retirement/investments.

I told her I was putting a res down for the bronco. She didn't ask for permission when she got her dream car... a damn Buick lol

Beachin 74

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco, 2015 F-150, 2022 OBX
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I could never live this way lol

We have 2 accounts. 1 is mine. 1 is hers.

We both contribute to living finances. We both contribute to retirement/investments.

I told her I was putting a res down for the bronco. She didn't ask for permission when she got her dream car... a damn Buick lol
Same here. Happily married 35 years!

Mike E

Badlands
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Badlands SAS 2.7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

All wife's are going to be different....dump her and get a new wife from the Bronco Dating Site...just don't do that... my wife really likes both the Bronco and the Jeep...I guess I'm the lucky one. She wasn't all that wild about the Corvette or the other cars...lol.

Sponsored

JessD05

Badlands
First Name
Jessica
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GMC suv
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take her to Off-Rodeo.
Just thinking she might appreciate it a little more afterwards.
My husband thinks he’s going to be driving my Bronco when it arrives….. Think again Buddy!! lol 😂

BroncoPls!

Badlands
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Rivian R1S, 22 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Take her to Off-Rodeo.
Just thinking she might appreciate it a little more afterwards.
My husband thinks he’s going to be driving my Bronco when it arrives….. Think again Buddy!! lol 😂
The Off-Roadeo completely changed my wife's attitude towards my Bronco purchase and off-roading in general, complete win!!

RhodeIslandRed

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bronco6g.com
Vehicle(s)
TD5 Defenders
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the interior, I just drove one yesterday. My impression was a lot of the stuff felt cheap on the inside. When I pointed the cheap feel of the visors out to my wife, she replied that this is what waterproof feels like. Point taken!

On the roof sag and 6-3 head hit, you might have that seat height cranked up. This thing got me the first time I drove a Bronco. It was way too low for me. Then this forum blazed me for my complaints and not adjusting this. Yesterday, I cranked the seat height way up and I was almost hitting my head at 5-11. You gotta play with that seat height manual crank lever. The range is really low to really high.

Now if the sag is the wavy back windows, that looks like shit. But there are posts on this site with fixes for that.

On Bronco vs. the 4Runner, these are two different vehicles and I'm speaking for/from my wife. My wife wants the top off of the Bronco. -not opened, but removed. If/when the 4Runner top comes off, it will be a consideration.

I personally like a 4Runner for a lot of reasons that have not been mentioned. But fixed top is out of the running on this vehicle purchase. Happy wife, happy life.

If your wife doesn't love this ride rn, she's probably really going to hate it when you lift it and mount aggressive mud terrains. ha ha.

Mark

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ranger Lariat FX4
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
If your head was hitting at six-foot three [which is my height], then that kills my dream as well....

Last edited:

GoTigersGoBronco

Badlands
First Name
Zachary
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
The inside feels somewhat rugged. I think that’s part of the point. The 4Runner interior is nicer but it’s not designed to be an open air experience.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
On the interior, I just drove one yesterday. My impression was a lot of the stuff felt cheap on the inside. When I pointed the cheap feel of the visors out to my wife, she replied that this is what waterproof feels like. Point taken!

On the roof sag and 6-3 head hit, you might have that seat height cranked up. This thing got me the first time I drove a Bronco. It was way too low for me. Then this forum blazed me for my complaints and not adjusting this. Yesterday, I cranked the seat height way up and I was almost hitting my head at 5-11. You gotta play with that seat height manual crank lever. The range is really low to really high.

Now if the sag is the wavy back windows, that looks like shit. But there are posts on this site with fixes for that.

On Bronco vs. the 4Runner, these are two different vehicles and I'm speaking for/from my wife. My wife wants the top off of the Bronco. -not opened, but removed. If/when the 4Runner top comes off, it will be a consideration.

I personally like a 4Runner for a lot of reasons that have not been mentioned. But fixed top is out of the running on this vehicle purchase. Happy wife, happy life.

If your wife doesn't love this ride rn, she's probably really going to hate it when you lift it and mount aggressive mud terrains. ha ha.
I remember that post of yours!

BlueBronco

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 F150 KR - '21 BL - 23' OBX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I told the dealer I think it is the best vehicle experience on the planet...the top down open air ride in this thing is just so, so good.
This. I have owned convertibles and Jeeps and the top down experience in the Bronco is just so much better it is hard to describe.

OP, find that optioned up Bronco and have the dealer put the top down before you show up to test drive. Your wife will quickly change her mind.

1975U15

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350 SD, 1975 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I'm amazed how many people are still complaining about the interior on the Bronco. It's a 4-wheel drive utility vehicle that starts under $30k with the ability to upgrade to higher end interiors.

And I don't get all the complaints about plastic. That's what vehicle interiors at this price point are made of. What are we expecting here...carbon fiber and wood inlays? People looking for champagne interiors on beer budgets.

reidski29

Wildtrak
First Name
Reid
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Expedition, 2018 Santa Cruz Blur
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can understand. I too had the same issue when I sat in a black diamond SAS with my wife at the dealership. She knows I have been drooling over the vehicle for 3 years, and have talked about it nonstop. However, the interior she mentioned felt cheap - just like what your wife mentioned. I also agree. I am floored at paying $60K for a Wildtrak and the dash and buttons feel the way they do.

It's still the number one pick due to the top/door removal and what I am looking for to replace my trusty 2013 expedition, but that new 2022 Expedition Timberline may be a close contender....
Sponsored