Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1974 Bronco/2023 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Two minute search on the Facebook Bronco group, you decide. If they look slightly worn now, imagine after 10k miles.

BF06615F-91B5-4191-87F7-FAD49B816657.jpeg
Pre-production. Why are you trying so hard to prove the Bronco is trash?
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead Interior front
Sponsored

Elonmsk

Badlands
First Name
Clay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner, F430, Viper GTS ACR, E60 M5, GX470
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Pre-production. Why are you trying so hard to prove the Bronco is trash?
Ford Bronco Wife not impressed - dream may be dead Interior front
All the photos I provided are preproduction? 🤦‍♂️ You strike me as someone that reads the headlines.

The Bronco is trash? 🤷‍♂️ Yes, I reserved two Broncos on Day-1, then registered on this forum and other platforms so that I could ultimately come full circle to ensure I bash the very vehicle(s) I ordered, but at the same time talking up the Bronco for months.

….Or, maybe the interior isn’t up to par with the 4Runner, that’s my opinion.

CValencia

Black Diamond
First Name
Carmen
Threads
Reaction score
Website
instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Sponsored

lasttj

Banned
Banned
Banned
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'06 Jeep TJ, '16 Ford F150, '65 VW Beetle
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I never understood why anyone would get leather upholstery in a truck.

Rex21c

Wildtrak
First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 fusion energi
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

the seat may have been raised, I've driven both the soft top and the hard top and I'm 6ft 3 and had at least 4 inches of head room. As far as the interior, ford designed it for off road. there are certain things it just won't be, which was explained at the off roadeo. Plastic typically is easier to clean and more rugged than leather, which is why it's it's in the interior. Also I'm not certain about if the interior trim changes with the different packages, mid, high, lux. I unfortunately wasn't paying attention between the lux interior and the mid interior.

It's unfortunate that people expect something to be what it's not designed to be. But the Bronco at this point is proving it's off road chops, more refinement may come down the road, or maybe not. Sounds like maybe a tremor ranger may be better, but it's missing some off road toys.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
It's a middle class thing.... you wouldn't understand... LOL.

murphtron

Badlands
First Name
T
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Badlands, 2013 Toyota Highlander, 2000 Miata
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I’ve done hundreds of miles off-road in my friends 2018 4Runner TRD Pro. It’s a great car. Engine solid. Very capable. Without question the rear hatch space and rear seat fold down is superior to the Bronco. Is the 4Runner dated? Sure.

But I’m sticking with my Bronco order. Why? I think OOTB it’s a more capable vehicle. And the cameras. Wow! And CarPlay (which the newer 4Runners belatedly have) And it’s new (probably a stupid reason).

I share the opinion that the Bronco interior is underwhelming. I personally don’t care that much about it (aside from the 12” screen and cameras!). I don’t view the Bronco as a daily driver (I think it’s a poor excuse for a daily driver in my large urban environment, and the 4Runner is a better car for that purpose). The Bronco will be my outdoor fun car. I already know my wife will have no interest in driving it. That’s why we have a GTI. :)

sorry I’m not bagging on the Bronco. I anxiously await mine and even dropped down to a soft top to get it quicker (maybe). But I wouldn’t bother trying to convince non-enthusiasts it’s a daily driver, or that it has an amazing interior.

Sponsored

AZ_Liberty

Base
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Expedition
Your Bronco Model
Base
I live in Phoenix, it gets over 120 degrees in the shade some summers. I don't understand why anyone would get leather upholstery on ANY vehicle.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I live in Phoenix, it gets over 120 degrees in the shade some summers. I don't understand why anyone would get leather upholstery on ANY vehicle.
Well, I could understand it in the case of the person who owns a climate controlled garage and only drives from one climate controlled garage to another.

Actually, even in the heat, light color leather in a well tinted vehicle is not horrible, unless you are already sweaty, then it is disgusting. Certainly not what you want in a convertible... but who wants to leave a convertible top down in the middle of the day in Phoenix?!?

Cappy

Badlands
First Name
Cappy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On the way back from dinner tonight we pass a dealer and see an antimatter blue, big bend sasquatch! My wife actually pointed it out and asked me to stop so we can check it out and take it for a test drive. I couldn't pull over fast enough!

I hunt, fish, tow and haul so a truck is a must for me and I'll never not own a truck. However, I had an '82 bronco as my first vehicle so I will always have a soft spot for a bronco.

My wife is next up for a new vehicle, so my Bronco 6g inspired plan was to subtly convince the wife that the bronco was the perfect vehicle for her!

She is always driving with the windows down and sunroof open, likes sporty convertible cars, but wants an SUV because we have dogs. She likes the way jeeps look, loves the way the four runner looks.....so I thought the bronco would be a slam dunk, best of all worlds.

Well unfortunately after the test drive I think my dream is dead. She was completely unimpressed. Her main issues is she thought it was cheap. When I pressed her on what specifically she mentioned all the interior plastic and buttons. She thought the soft top looked awful, admittedly it was sagging, my head hit at only 6' 3". She didn't like the rear seat setup and how the seats didn't fold flat.

We both agreed the noise level was surprisingly good and the acceleration was solid.

We both agreed it rode better than a jeep (recently rented one in Hawaii this past summer) especially at speed, but both thought my truck Ram Power Wagon rides better (must be the longer wheel base and smaller 33s).

All in all, I really liked it, but my wife wasn't impressed at all. Unless Ford updates the interior dramatically and puts a nice hardtop on it in the next couple years, I think she is going four runner....ugh.
Have you considered a new wife?

#thedreamliveson #itsajoke

Al Cowlings

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I must admit: Cruising in a 4Runner with the sunroof, windows, and rear window down is a real pleasure. Gives an instant open-air vibe with almost no buffetIng. Even at highway speeds, sunroof + rear window is very low-noise/wind. I expect your wife will like it.
Sponsored