MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I can see your mother raised a bubble burster. Thanks 🤣
I actually hunted AMB down last weekend, dragging my kid with me to look for colors. I wanted so much to like AMB but there’s just not enough blue in it. “Kona” blue is also on the lot and I think that would have been a better choice to use.

interestingly, the F150s on the lot had Magnetic Gray. It was hard to find Carbonized Gray. magnetic has rusty tones to it. Carbonized is a little more upscale IMO. Boring but it fits the palate in 2021.
Sponsored

indio22

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'72 Rover, '85 CJ7, '98 TJ, '14 BRZ, '23 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Base
OK I'll bite.

I brought my better half to see Area 51 (Bronco Sport FE) and Cactus Gray (Ranger) on a full sun day here in Vegas.

Learned that if I picked either of those colors for our FE I'd be living in it. She made it perfectly clear that they were not represented well/at all by Fords digital presentations and were even worse in person.

But seriously though, she compared A51 to no personality post monsoon desert mud and CG to hooker green fingernail polish. Yes we both thought that CG presented as 'greenish'.

We both would settle for oxford white or a darker flat gray, but Ford has decided otherwise. As previously noted in another thread, for some reason our last several Ford trucks have been some shade of blue.

As long as you like the color, who cares what anyone else thinks....except for the wife.
Yes CG at least based on the photos, I'm not getting the allure of that color at all. In some photos Area 51 looks nice, in others the color is like "it's a boy" baby blue, which might not age well. I'm hoping Rapid Red in person looks red (and not just in the sun).

Lack of acceptable color could potentially stop me from buying a Bronco. It's a sticking point of mine on principle, you better be able to offer me a color I like, if wanting me to buy your vehicle. (Also my wife will not allow a grey vehicle in our driveway.)

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
She Who Must Be Happy changed her mind. Area 51 is no longer forbidden. Woot!

I was really looking at Carbonized Gray, at her request. We’ve had black and silver in the past. White no good. She didn’t like the reds and yellow and bright metallic blue. Too garish for a daily driver for her, and she’d be the daily driver.

But she’s seeing people in our area migrate toward these new creamy colors, away from Metallics. We both worry that won’t stick and will age like matte colors (ugly bat mobile G-wagons). But now her very outdoorsy cousin just got a creamy blue Toyota truck.

that’s it. Change of heart. Area 51 is now on the wife approved list. Woot!
Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImageklG39i

Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImageEckT3y

Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImageiiEJue

Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImagesG14Cz

Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImage3LJlCq

Here are some images of Area 51 and Carbonized Gray found on a Sport and an F150 in Paramus NJ today, on a blazing sunny day. You can see how much metallic fleck is inside the CarbGray. Area 51 has zero flecking, it's a flat paint for sure. I had to abandon ship after taking a few pics of the CarbGray because a flat bed tow truck needed to use the space right where I was standing.

Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImageklG39i
Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImageEckT3y
Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImageiiEJue
Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImagesG14Cz
Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! tempImage3LJlCq

MVP

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Colorado
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
OK I'll bite.

I brought my better half to see Area 51 (Bronco Sport FE) and Cactus Gray (Ranger) on a full sun day here in Vegas.

Learned that if I picked either of those colors for our FE I'd be living in it. She made it perfectly clear that they were not represented well/at all by Fords digital presentations and were even worse in person.

But seriously though, she compared A51 to no personality post monsoon desert mud and CG to hooker green fingernail polish. Yes we both thought that CG presented as 'greenish'.

We both would settle for oxford white or a darker flat gray, but Ford has decided otherwise. As previously noted in another thread, for some reason our last several Ford trucks have been some shade of blue.

As long as you like the color, who cares what anyone else thinks....except for the wife.
I had the same feeling about Area 51 in person. It just looks boring. I hope everyone picking it goes and has a look at the color in person. The flat paint makes for a very underwhelming look.

I wanted to like it but itdidn’t look good at all IMO.

OP
OP

MacHudson

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Edge
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I had the same feeling about Area 51 in person. It just looks boring. I hope everyone picking it goes and has a look at the color in person. The flat paint makes for a very underwhelming look.

I wanted to like it but itdidn’t look good at all IMO.
After all my writing on this post, I changed my mind too! Seeing Area 51 in the sunlight just didn't do it for me. Too flat. Back to Carb Gray, but because I choose it.

Sponsored

Mtea

Big Bend
First Name
Marty
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 2dr 2.3 Auto, Porsche Cayenne Diesel Platinum
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

My wife also approved A51 color. Aways looks blue in photos though. Saw it in person for the first time on a Bronco Sport today. Looked nice, but photos I took still looked blue. Strange. The first photo is the most true to color but still looks a little bluer than it is. A51 still a keeper.
Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! 879B1B78-95BE-415D-B2F3-CB5C4DC3F1A1
Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! 44A09AF6-CE31-413E-A055-20D976B83BD5
Ford Bronco Wife OK’d Area 51 !! 02568FAD-E9CE-46A0-9936-B38625DFFF28

The Driving Viking

Base
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco Sasquatch 2022 Willys Xtreme Recon
Your Bronco Model
Base
My wife also approved A51 color. Aways looks blue in photos though. Saw it in person for the first time on a Bronco Sport today. Looked nice, but photos I took still looked blue. Strange. The first photo is the most true to color but still looks a little bluer than it is. A51 still a keeper.
I'd have to see A51 in person. When the Bronco was first announced and the colors where posted that was the color I was set on. I planned on going Black Diamond in A51.

Then the the real pictures started coming out of the color and it looks like a light powdered blue. I then I thought well I'd still have to see it in person pictures can be deceiving. Then I started hearing comments from people who did see it in person saying it looks like a light blue and they didn't like.

So I decided to change my build up to a Velocity Blue Base + Sasquatch 2.7 not just because of the color but for other reasons as well but it was a factor.

Now I hear people saying it actually looks good in person and is not as blue as people think it is. Makes my head spin. Lol. In the end it's definitely one of those color's that I have to see in person myself. Lol.. But if it looks anything like these pictures no thanks.

timhood

Badlands
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Several
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Does she tell you what color shirts you can buy too :unsure:
If his wife is like mine, she has a better sense of what looks good on me than I do. 😁

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model