Parker

Black Diamond
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Gr Che Overland, Corvette, Tahoe, 46 Chevy 2ton
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I don't know, but that Black looks Blue. This might be the rare case that Always Mostly Black actually looks blue.
It is even under an overcast sky - it is also unnaturally clean, a little road film and it is black.

RockEye

Badlands
First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2004 Subaru WRX STI, 2DR Badlands Reservation
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Jeep looking like a little bitc..... smaller.

Sponsored

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
If Broncos become associated with the poser lifestyle like Harleys and Wranglers, I'm gonna be a sad sad boy.
That's why I went with the mall crawler spec... ;) I am disappointed that my OBX doesn't have a "Mall Crawl" GOAT mode!!! LOL.

I will be actually going off road in my Bronco, but didn't want to go to the Squatch package.

Chris S

Badlands
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tesla '18 M3 Perf & '22 MY Perf, '19 MX-5 Club,
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I mean honestly, who would buy a Jeep over a Bronco? Availability notwithstanding. It’s not even close!
I bought a '19 JLUR in January to hold us over until either our Bronco or Rivian arrives. My wife didn't even have an interest in one then, now she's fallen in love w/ it while I've been more on the Bronco side. We saw the Bronco in person this weekend, and my wife reaffirmed that she'd rather keep the Jeep for the following reasons:

1) she loves the Jeep community and the whole ducking thing. (silly, I know)
2) the Sky 1-touch top blows away any of the Bronco top options. It's really awesome to be able to open or close the top at speed by pushing a button.
3) Bronco fuel economy is really disappointing vs. the Jeep, about 4 mpg less
4) she loves the Ocean Blue color of her Jeep and tan leather interior
5) the under-seat air vents and no rear seat armrest/cupholders w/ MGV aren't very appealing to my son.

While I love the Jeep, I was hoping my wife would fall in love w/ the Bronco. Oh well, happy wife, happy life!

StevieD23

Wildtrak
First Name
Steven
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota Supra, 2021 AMB Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I'm imagining the meeting at FCA:

"Ok boys, what can we do to make the jeep more modern?"
"How about led's on the fenders?"
"What about neon paint colors?"
"Halos rings on the headlights!"
"So we're in agreement! Nothing substantial, just more lipstick on the pig. Good!"
More like, "I got it!! Lets stick a Hellcat motor in it!"

That seems to be their move for everything.

RobCo

Big Bend
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic, 1977 Ford Bronco project
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
The size doesn't look that much different, I'm glad the Bronco is coming along because I was originally considering a Wrangler but I hear that their reliability is not great.

Sponsored

Theherofails

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 e-tron Sportback, 2021 Bronco Badlands Sas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Just saw the 4 door non Sasquatch Bronco. Narrower than anticipated but still quite large.

sheyer4

Black Diamond
First Name
stephen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 trail blazer
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I saw this bronco pairing at my local dealership! definitely AMB and I have to say it looks amazing in person and it is hard to tell in the shade that it is not black.

P.S. the team that was traveling with these broncos were really nice and knowledgeable on the trucks and the lifestyle.

Efthreeoh

Banned
Black Diamond
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hummer H3T
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Define "built well."

To me, being built well means two things. First thing is being reliable, which is not something HD is exactly known for. Second thing is making good use of its displacement, which, unless making noise is the goal, HD is not known for that either.

HD deliberately uses a less effective design for the sake of that signature sound. They've realized they're in danger, so they're finally starting to adopt modern technology, but I still have no hesitation saying I don't think they're built well.
I define "well built" as the art of the craftsmanship used to make the parts and assemble the machine. My only interest in H-D is an FLCH Police edition. I've looked at a few over the years to buy but haven't pulled the trigger. I ride a 1999 Honda Valkyrie Interstate, which probably still walks away from most Electra Glides 22 years later. But as far as build quality I think the Harleys have it over my Valk. Now as far as engine design over a H-D twin, the Honda F6 is a gem. Multi-cylinder water-cooled engines just make more power than air-cooled twins in the same size range because of the tolerances water cooling allows.

I'll not argue about engine design because Harley could get more reliable power with adopting water-cooling. But sales wise one can't argue Harley Davidson's business case. They by far own the road bike market in the US, and it's based on the big twin.

I still think the build craftsmanship of a Harley Davidson is pretty damned good.

Sgt Beavis

Badlands
First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Raptor, 2018 Jeep Wrangler Sport S.
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I try to not fall for the tribalist dogma that comes with automotive forums. I think it lets me be a bit more objective. That said, man that's a pretty good size right there. I'm hoping that translates to a nicely larger interiors. One of the drawbacks to my Rubicon is tighter quarters. I already know I'm going to like the driving position for the Bronco due to the better head room than the Rubicon.

On the other hand the smaller Rubicon is going to an easier time on some of the tighter trails I've been on. How much of an easier time is still in question but I suppose I'll eventually find out. The other nice thing about the Rubicon's design is that makes it a bit easier to put 37s or larger tires. Now that 4WP has confirmed 40s are going to be a challenge. 37s are going to require some cutting. There was no need for trimming the Rubicon to fit 37s.

I'm really looking forward to Memorial Day. I'll finally get to see a Bronco in person. That will probably lock it up for me on whether I'll be buying a Badlands or waiting for a Warthog. It'll be cool to go 4wheelin' with my wife and seeing the difference between the two.

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I bought a '19 JLUR in January to hold us over until either our Bronco or Rivian arrives. My wife didn't even have an interest in one then, now she's fallen in love w/ it while I've been more on the Bronco side. We saw the Bronco in person this weekend, and my wife reaffirmed that she'd rather keep the Jeep for the following reasons:

1) she loves the Jeep community and the whole ducking thing. (silly, I know)
2) the Sky 1-touch top blows away any of the Bronco top options. It's really awesome to be able to open or close the top at speed by pushing a button.
3) Bronco fuel economy is really disappointing vs. the Jeep, about 4 mpg less
4) she loves the Ocean Blue color of her Jeep and tan leather interior
5) the under-seat air vents and no rear seat armrest/cupholders w/ MGV aren't very appealing to my son.

While I love the Jeep, I was hoping my wife would fall in love w/ the Bronco. Oh well, happy wife, happy life!
Love that Rivian R1S

Would totally spring for that if Bronco didn't exist
Sponsored