Sponsored

Wild Track vs Outerbanks with 2.7L, Sasquatch, and 10 speed tranny?

OP
OP
Bronco69

Bronco69

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, Ducati xDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

so cruising around the Ford site some more, there's small print on the GOAT system that confirms from the base to the outer banks, they have 5 modes. Then the Badlands is noted to have Baja Mode (and rock crawl). The answer to my question then is, NO the OUTER BANKS DOES NOT HAVE BAJA MODE.

Bummer. May have to change my order.

Sponsored

Vigor

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
so cruising around the Ford site some more, there's small print on the GOAT system that confirms from the base to the outer banks, they have 5 modes. Then the Badlands is noted to have Baja Mode (and rock crawl). The answer to my question then is, NO the OUTER BANKS DOES NOT HAVE BAJA MODE.

Yeah. I was content with the obx and having sport. Then my fiance convinced me to switch to wildtrak....

Nice bonus to be getting BAJA

DETT

Wildtrak
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm in the same boat. After all the new KOH videos and first hand accounts I switched from OBX to BL.

The BL dash/console I can live with. I just hope I don't hate the MGV. I know what to expect from cloth and I love the roast color scheme of the OBX.

But overall I would rather live with a few cosmetic irks than have FOMO in regards to performance.

OP
OP
Bronco69

Bronco69

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, Ducati xDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Yup. Also found out you can't get the Sound Deadening Liner on the Badlands with the Lux Package - or something. Couldn't figure out why. The Badlands also ONLY comes in Black vinyl or leather.

So, definitely going to Wild Track with Black Onyx interior, Lux pkg, basically everything.

Watched ride along videos today pretty much convinced me the Baja mode is worth the upgrade.

Yeah. I was content with the obx and having sport. Then my fiance convinced me to switch to wildtrak....

Nice bonus to be getting BAJA

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
We asked someone at Hammers to ask if Sport mode in 4H would be the same as Baja. The rep agreed... For what that’s worth....

Im sticking with the OBX sas with roast on AMB. The inverted dash on the Wildtrak kills me. As does the flush snout grille, and staring at black mirrors for many years constantly reminding me of this thing we call COVID and why the mirrors were supposed to match a black mod top that we couldn’t get
Ford Bronco Wild Track vs Outerbanks with 2.7L, Sasquatch, and 10 speed tranny? E39858E4-2843-4413-A5F7-517CFC700187

CF2122F1-8CA0-459A-988C-121A24F8F8C5.png

BD9F582B-06C7-4794-B6BA-14636D2D1258.png

Sponsored
OP
OP
Bronco69

Bronco69

Outer Banks
First Name
Brian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BMW X3, Ducati xDiavel
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

What do you mean by "inverted dash"?
We asked someone at Hammers to ask if Sport mode in 4H would be the same as Baja. The rep agreed... For what that’s worth....

Im sticking with the OBX sas with roast on AMB. The inverted dash on the Wildtrak kills me. As does the flush snout grille, and staring at black mirrors for many years constantly reminding me of this thing we call COVID and why the mirrors were supposed to match a black mod top that we couldn’t get
Ford Bronco Wild Track vs Outerbanks with 2.7L, Sasquatch, and 10 speed tranny? BD9F582B-06C7-4794-B6BA-14636D2D1258

Ford Bronco Wild Track vs Outerbanks with 2.7L, Sasquatch, and 10 speed tranny? BD9F582B-06C7-4794-B6BA-14636D2D1258

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What do you mean by "inverted dash"?
The dash looks much more appropriate with a lighter center panel with dark surrounds. I always thought this. And someone else at hammers had all but positive things to say minus one negative which was the big black plastic dash. Look how good the FE black interior looks with a silver dash. The OBX is not far behind. But other trims have a big black plastic dash to collect dust and get scratched up. It’s inverted compared to what your eye wants to see.

Wanted33

Outer Banks
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2019 Wrangler, 2020 Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

I do t think it offers a custom mode! What you get is what you get! Bc you go back to those sheets from the reveal nothing ever shown it. Unless you can get an aftermarket tune for that.

Now my Mercedes it has four modes. One being a personal mode you can select the features you want! I still just use the trusty comfort mode though.

I can say this..I can't wait to try sport mode in my BB..I'm got a sweet RR crossing before work that fun to fly over. Mae Pearl going to be getting some air! 🤣😆
You're the one Ash, get you some air. Also, we'll be needing some videos of your first jump. :)

Space Cat

Wildtrak
First Name
James
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Jeep Gladiator Rubicon 1st Edition, etc...
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do t think it offers a custom mode! What you get is what you get! Bc you go back to those sheets from the reveal nothing ever shown it. Unless you can get an aftermarket tune for that.

Now my Mercedes it has four modes. One being a personal mode you can select the features you want! I still just use the trusty comfort mode though.

I can say this..I can't wait to try sport mode in my BB..I'm got a sweet RR crossing before work that fun to fly over. Mae Pearl going to be getting some air! 🤣😆
I believe I can fly.

Silver-Bolt

Wildtrak
First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Raptor, 2020 Audi SQ5, 2023 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Now this is an answer. Here's another question, will the G.O.A.T. system offer a "custom" mode?
Nope. The Raptor has had most of these modes since 2017. Even with Forscan you can't access the modes.
Sponsored