chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 2020 VW Atlas
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If hard tops are the biggest issue, why wouldnt they allow Widtrack folks to sub a soft top? or did i miss something? is it too difficult to change the manufacturing line when it thinks its doing hardtops to sub soft tops? id hate to wait for Wildtrack only because of hardtop when soft top is fine with me??
Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This question is being asked over and over again, and surprisingly so far there have been no answers.

It seems like there's actually no reason that Ford can't offer the soft top. We even see dealer demos with soft tops. But since that option doesn't exist for us, there must be some internal reasoning.

It's frustrating, because for those of us who actually like the WT, there's no alternative other than dropping down to a BB, which only works if you didn't want High or Lux.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Soft top WT is called an OBX with Sasquatch. Originally the WT's were 100% Mod tops, no substitutions. It was just a bunch of high end options put under a package. Ford already gave a substitute option, you can wait until/if a mod top is ever made and sold in a couple years/decades and get an actual WT, or you can settle for a MIC top. Why would Ford offer a downgrade for a package that is already downgraded?

Myself, I would likely be happiest with a real WT (mod top), optional 3 peak snow rated tires instead of the hybrid muds) and an interior color scheme not invented by the Lighthouse for the Blind organization. (if dreaming, a manual V8 version with the 6.7 gasser)

OP
OP

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Soft top WT is called an OBX with Sasquatch. Originally the WT's were 100% Mod tops, no substitutions. It was just a bunch of high end options put under a package. Ford already gave a substitute option, you can wait until/if a mod top is ever made and sold in a couple years/decades and get an actual WT, or you can settle for a MIC top. Why would Ford offer a downgrade for a package that is already downgraded?

Myself, I would likely be happiest with a real WT (mod top), optional 3 peak snow rated tires instead of the hybrid muds) and an interior color scheme not invented by the Lighthouse for the Blind organization. (if dreaming, a manual V8 version with the 6.7 gasser)
My perfect Bronco is also not available, MGV with 2.7 manual, however, if they offered the soft top on wildtrack they might deliver more vehicles, and at the end of the day an order is not a sales until its delivered. They could even skew the numbers towardsbeing their advantage and i likely do it.

Oceannomad

Badlands
First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Audi Q7
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
My perfect Bronco is also not available, MGV with 2.7 manual, however, if they offered the soft top on wildtrack they might deliver more vehicles, and at the end of the day an order is not a sales until its delivered. They could even skew the numbers towardsbeing their advantage and i likely do it.
hahaha most Bronco builds aren’t available

Sponsored

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Incorrect. Many ( if not most) of us selected our Bronco trims because of the interior color choices. So feature wise, yeah I can get all the features. But I don't want an ugly ass navy blue or odd 70's brown interior.

The BB is the only other trim that uses the same interior scheme (sans the cool camo seats which I have seen in person and love). But doesn't allow for High.

The better answer, is why do I have to completely change the Bronco that I want, simply to get a soft top that not only has been seen on WT, but is readily available on every other trim (4 door)

Scotteasymoney

Wildtrak
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 F150. 72 maverick grabber
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Inquiring minds want to know!

Offer a HT prep kit with a reduced incentive price to order it when they become readily available. Simple solution #ford

OP
OP

cpmartin1999

Badlands
First Name
chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Incorrect. Many ( if not most) of us selected our Bronco trims because of the interior color choices. So feature wise, yeah I can get all the features. But I don't want an ugly ass navy blue or odd 70's brown interior.

The BB is the only other trim that uses the same interior scheme (sans the cool camo seats which I have seen in person and love). But doesn't allow for High.

The better answer, is why do I have to completely change the Bronco that I want, simply to get a soft top that not only has been seen on WT, but is readily available on every other trim (4 door)
or available presumably from the parts dept??
Sponsored