Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,
As I watched the very first reveal from Ford on launch day, I thought damn I want that BAD! Then, I started researching as all of us are and it got me thinking.... I want a Bronco that dose high speed off-roading like the Wildtrack, and I want all the goodies off the Badlands such as sway bar disconnect. I looked up both editions and it seems the suspension is better on the Wildtrack to handle the high speeds. Is there a way to get both worlds, or am I dreaming?

I did not pre order, and will not as I know what will happen. Ford is going to make y’all wait for your pre order, and dealerships at first will get at least 50% production. You are already a buyer so you’ll wait. They want these on lots so the people coming in ALSO buy one. Because Of that, I did not pre order and it seems only the Launch Edition has it all. What are your thoughts?
Sponsored

BroncoBuckaroo

Badlands
First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017GT350-SOLD, 2013 Ford Edge, 1969 Torino Cobra
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,
As I watched the very first reveal from Ford on launch day, I thought damn I want that BAD! Then, I started researching as all of us are and it got me thinking.... I want a Bronco that dose high speed off-roading like the Wildtrack, and I want all the goodies off the Badlands such as sway bar disconnect. I looked up both editions and it seems the suspension is better on the Wildtrack to handle the high speeds. Is there a way to get both worlds, or am I dreaming?

I did not pre order, and will not as I know what will happen. Ford is going to make y’all wait for your pre order, and dealerships at first will get at least 50% production. You are already a buyer so you’ll wait. They want these on lots so the people coming in ALSO buy one. Because Of that, I did not pre order and it seems only the Launch Edition has it all. What are your thoughts?
I don't know if it will be an option, but the Ford website says it will be "standard" on the Badlands..to me that means there could be an option on others. The General thought is it will be only available on the Badlands and FE

GotGOAT

Wildtrak
First Name
Tim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Dodge Ram
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Hey all,

So, I’ll try to answer but, please keep in mind until the build and price becomes available we do not know what stand alone vs package options are going to be.
The Wildtrak comes with the Sasquatch package. This package is an available option for all models. I think we (Our Bronco fan community) are confusing Marketing with reality. A Wildtrak with the standard Sasquatch Package is no more “high speed desert runner” than any other Bronco with the optional Sasquatch and 2.7 Eco Boost.
The Badlands suspension has a sway bar disconnect (hydraulic and able to operate under load) that is a pretty awesome feature. I do not know if you Sasquatch a Badlands if it would lose The sway bar disconnect.
Supposedly Ford is filling reservations before building dealer stock.
Have fun researching and dreaming about the right Bronco for you. Know that there are going to be a lot of accessories available at launch and even more when the great 4X4 companies get a hold of Broncos to design their products.
The Return of The Bronco is just the beginning, each of us can build our dream.
Don’t let indecision stop you.

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey all,

Am I wrong on this, but WT has Sasquatch... so if you added that to Badlands wouldn't you have both... the disconnect + the WT suspension?

Basically what @GotGOAT said

Sponsored

BuckeyeinNV

Black Diamond
First Name
Matt
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
The Wildtrak just has the Sasquatch package. There's nothing special about the suspension other than that. It's "high speed" because it has both Sport mode and Baja mode. The Badlands has Baja mode but not Sport mode, which it replaces with Rock Crawl mode.

The Badlands does not lose the sway bar disconnect if you add Sasquatch.

OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Can’t wait for the build site to go live. I think we will all have most of the answers we are looking for. All I know Is, Ford is going to make a S*** of cash hahaha.

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Hey all,

There are no dealer pre-orders!!! Really, dealers won't have to pre-order, because they will put all the NO SHOW peoples cars on the lot to sell at MSRP +$___ (I'm guessing +/- $3k for most Bronco's that weren't delivered to about MSRP +$10k for people that want a 1st Edition... but don't want to wait). Dealers will typically get between 20% and 40% of reservations that fall through, due to everything from: I changed my mind and already bought something else, to Life Events, like: marriage, divorce, new baby, bad credit, too much Covid crap, whatever)!

OP
OP
Calicorks

Calicorks

Badlands
First Name
Courtney
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

There are no dealer pre-orders!!! Really, dealers won't have to pre-order, because they will put all the NO SHOW peoples cars on the lot to sell at MSRP +$___ (I'm guessing +/- $3k for most Bronco's that weren't delivered to about MSRP +$10k for people that want a 1st Edition... but don't want to wait). Dealers will typically get between 20% and 40% of reservations that fall through, due to everything from: I changed my mind and already bought something else, to Life Events, like: marriage, divorce, new baby, bad credit, too much Covid crap, whatever)!
I’m in sales and have been my entire life. I don’t buy into “there only so many, or buy it now or you won’t get it”. Ford is going to make TONS of Broncos. They only want you to pre order so they know now what supplies they need and where the demand is.

Ford sold 900,000 F150s last year, and there are 160k pre orders. Do the math, they can make as many as people are willing to buy. There’s a sucker born every minute.

Lcubed

Badlands
First Name
l
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW golf r, 2023 ManBadSquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The Wildtrak just has the Sasquatch package. There's nothing special about the suspension other than that. It's "high speed" because it has both Sport mode and Baja mode. The Badlands has Baja mode but not Sport mode, which it replaces with Rock Crawl mode.

The Badlands does not lose the sway bar disconnect if you add Sasquatch.

at this point, we have no idea what the difference between SPORT and BAJA modes are.

Sponsored

CascadianCorvid

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru BRZ
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Another Badlands vs Wildtrak thread? Sweet! lol

Just add packages to the Badlands, and you get a Wildtrak that can rock crawl. Wildtrak has zero unique features that cannot be added to a badlands. It will just be more expensive than you probably want to pay.
Baja is for high speed, but allows for some amount of wheel slipping. Sport tightens up the shifting bands, and is mostly for on-pavement performance.

(This stuff was all in the Q&A)
Happy to help.

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
If you do not have a reservation then you will def not get one in 2021. And it may well into 2022 until you get one. It cost you $100 to get inline and if you do find one sitting on a lot, then you can ask for your $100 back

Hey all,

Last edited:

Raptor911

Raptor
First Name
Raptor911
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Raptor, 2022 Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
you are correct in that Ford can crank out the F150. The only issue is that the F150 is made in 4 plants. The bronco shares it production line with the Ranger in one plant.

And don't forget, Ford's goal is to sell 200K a year .. the fact that they received 160K reservations and has admitted they were blown away means they were thinking a lot lower.

$100 gets you in line if you are wrong about Bronco capacity.

:)

I’m in sales and have been my entire life. I don’t buy into “there only so many, or buy it now or you won’t get it”. Ford is going to make TONS of Broncos. They only want you to pre order so they know now what supplies they need and where the demand is.

Ford sold 900,000 F150s last year, and there are 160k pre orders. Do the math, they can make as many as people are willing to buy. There’s a sucker born every minute.

lsustang05

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2013 Ford Raptor SuperCab
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
at this point, we have no idea what the difference between SPORT and BAJA modes are.
An educated guess would be they are the same or extremely similar to the Raptor modes.

https://media.ford.com/content/ford...es--where-we-re-going--we-don-t-need-roa.html

Normal
For everyday on-road driving duties, normal mode is a perfect balance of excitement, comfort and convenience.

Sport
Mountain passes are no longer just for Mustang, thanks to Raptor sport mode. For spirited on-road driving, sport mode increases throttle response and provides a sportier steering feel – along with quicker shifting. The transmission holds gears longer to keep you in the power band.

Baja
Baja mode is where Raptor eclipses the competition. Designed for high-speed desert running, Baja mode places the vehicle in 4 High, AdvanceTrac is programmed to the least intrusive settings, and the throttle map is adjusted for more linear power and improved engine response to give the hardcore off-road driver greater control. The transmission has quicker shifts and holds gears longer – keeping the vehicle in its power band.

Rock Crawl
This setting is for intense off-road driving and rock climbing at low speeds. Rock crawl prompts the driver to place the vehicle in 4 Low, the electronic locking differential is automatically engaged and AdvanceTrac is set to the least intrusive settings for optimum rock-climbing ability. Throttle modulation and transmission response are optimized for greater control. Additionally, the front camera allows the driver to see what’s right in front of the truck, and it can be kept on at speeds up to 15 mph.

Corsair

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Escape
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you do not have a reservation then you will def not get one in 2020. And it may well into 2021 until you get one. It cost you $100 to get inline and if you do find one sitting on a lot, then you can ask for your $100 back
Preorder or not, no one is getting one in 2020. No reservations may push that into 2022.
Sponsored