Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt, 2020 Ford F-150
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Thanks for your review! The MIC disappoints once again
Seriously. At this point Ford is only harming their reputation and this launch by letting Webasto remain in the picture. They need to give them the boot, pay whatever they're legally responsible to pay in order to go their separate ways, and just build their own damned roof plant. When is enough enough?

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
I do have another question for you. As you know, with the front steel bumper you can remove the end caps. From your off-road driving experience, do you plan to remove these caps?

The reason I ask relates to my plan to use the pockets to install a set of Baja Designs lights.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak 2.7L Sasquatch Lux Leather Tow Review and Build Thread 1625960394407

My goal is to cover the light zones 1,2 and 3 as described in the link below.

Baja Designs - Ford Bronco, Fog Pocket Kits

Lighting Zones System (bajadesigns.com)

BroncoBob77

First Edition
First Name
Robert
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 F-350/2020 GT500
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Here is the extension video and you ask some good questions so Iā€™ll answer those next:

Interesting, this is what my FE has. Sorry if this got covered I didnā€™t read every page.
BFFC1C5D-DF05-42F2-A2AE-6B616435354D.jpeg
A44D7168-B17E-465D-B103-C9560954CB05.jpeg

OP
OP
1IH

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I do have another question for you. As you know, with the front steel bumper you can remove the end caps. From your off-road driving experience, do you plan to remove these caps?

The reason I ask relates to my plan to use the pockets to install a set of Baja Designs lights.
1625960394407.png

My goal is to cover the light zones 1,2 and 3 as described in the link below.

Baja Designs - Ford Bronco, Fog Pocket Kits

Lighting Zones System (bajadesigns.com)
Those look great, Iā€™ll check out both links thanks!. Iā€™ve had BD lights before abs they are first rate. I usually remove my bumper end caps on my wranglers, if you are rock crawling at Slade (red river gorge ky) you can get by without removing them with 35ā€™s, at Windrock in Tennessee it will help you to remove them. if you are crawling Moab (which I havenā€™t done) I would think you would want to remove them with 35ā€™s for some of those rock shelves you have to turn into and climb.

I would think you could wire in some waterproof disconnects on the lights and be good to go to remove them anyway.

Sponsored

BuzzyBud

First Name
TBD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
TBD
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Those look great, Iā€™ll check out both links thanks!. Iā€™ve had BD lights before abs they are first rate. I usually remove my bumper end caps on my wranglers, if you are rock crawling at Slade (red river gorge ky) you can get by without removing them with 35ā€™s, at Windrock in Tennessee it will help you to remove them. if you are crawling Moab (which I havenā€™t done) I would think you would want to remove them with 35ā€™s for some of those rock shelves you have to turn into and climb.

I would think you could wire in some waterproof disconnects on the lights and be good to go to remove them anyway.
Thank you. My thoughts were that end cap removal would be consistent with wheeling and my approach is overlanding while camping along the way. Since I like to camp year-round, it can get dark before I locate my camp site. Good lighting is important to my plans. If I can determine a way to disconnect the lights and easily remove the mounting brackets to facilitate end cap removal, I will implement that plan.

While we are on a discussion regarding lighting, I also plan to use BD lights for reverse/chase as well as ditch lighting. Luckily, the Ford electrical circuit design will make for easy installation.

Baja Designs - Ford, Bronco (21-on), Reverse Kits

Baja Designs - Ford, Bronco (21-On), A-Pillar Kits

Grunkster

Big Bend
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 edge st
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Bummer about the sas Goodyear's being junk...I would think if you swapped them new you could get good credit$$ for em

Lainez

Badlands
First Name
Ed
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
VW Atlas, F-150 Tremor
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I got the ghetto discount dollar store version then as I figured. Wow. I would have changed the bumper anyway and changing the flares to standard flares will alleviate the need all together so at the end of the day Iā€™ll be better off being able to unbolt them harbor freight flaps they gave me until I get a bumper.
I think the add-on winglets are for the plastic bumper. The more integrated look comes with the metal bumper and Sas

Ksjrb03

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

I got the ghetto discount dollar store version then as I figured. Wow. I would have changed the bumper anyway and changing the flares to standard flares will alleviate the need all together so at the end of the day Iā€™ll be better off being able to unbolt them harbor freight flaps they gave me until I get a bumper.
Plastic bumper Gets this.

NotApplicable

First Edition
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
BEVs
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Bummer about the sas Goodyear's being junk...I would think if you swapped them new you could get good credit$$ for em
Pretty sure most tire places offer max of like $30-40 per tire. So maybe selling directly to someone

Reactions: 1IH

Sponsored

jernst8854

Wildtrak
First Name
Jim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
93 Bronco 15 Challenger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Congrats on your WT I have the exact same build ordered but no build date and I am a July 14 reservation. Almost happy after hearing all the problems with them. But anyway. Enjoy love to see more pictures and reviews as it breaks in
Enjoy

Dr.Dre

Wildtrak
First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Stinger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shit. I didn't realize that the cloth seat only come with manual adjustments. I might need to adjust my order. I've got an 8/9 build date/week. I wonder if it's too late.

OP
OP
1IH

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Shit. I didn't realize that the cloth seat only come with manual adjustments. I might need to adjust my order. I've got an 8/9 build date/week. I wonder if it's too late.
My understanding is itā€™s only too late if you have a VIN.

Peejmane

Outer Banks
First Name
Peter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford f150
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Picked up my WT 2 night ago. I will start this build thread with a brief review of it as I break it in and will edit this as I go build it out.

My 4x4 Background:
I have owned 3 4Runners (1 of them a TRD model 2016, 1 a Limited 2011, and 1 a V8 Sport 2004), 1 FJ Cruiser 08, 5 Wranglers (TJ 06, JK Rubicon 13, JKU Rubicon 15, JLU Rubicon 2018, JL Rubicon 2020) and several 4X4 Trucks from Tundras to Rams Never a Chevy or a Ford. All of these vehicles have seen various forms of builds, from overlanding to rock crawling to even converting one of my JK Rubicons to Coilovers for a bit more high speed running.

Initial Bronco WT impressions:
  • Size - I like the size of the Bronco much more than the Wranglers, it is more akin to the 4Runners, much more like an SUV versus an Off-Road vehicle for my tastes, I would say a good blend of current day and the full size broncos of yesteryear. Interior space is much better than a wrangler, Bronco trounces the Jeep for ā€œelbowā€ room.
  • Engine - until I hit 1K miles I am going to drive it like I have a cop behind me, I have had several twin turbo BMWā€™s and initial breakin is very important on the turbos in my experience so I canā€™t say how happy I am overall yet with this engine but initial impressions are that it is night and day over the 3.6L, 2.0L Turbo, 4.0L (TJ) Jeep engines, NO COMPARISON for street driving at low speeds, zero lag off the start and plenty of torque for stop light to stop light. Now I Hemi Swapped one of my Wranglers with a 5.7L and this feels similar so far in light daily driving. This engine feels similar to the 4.0L 4Runner engine at low RPM so far, which to me is a good thing. The Toyota 4.0L suffers at higher RPM, it drops torque quick as you get the needle moving up, and this twin T should make great gains at higher RPMā€™s.
  • Fit and Finish:
    • Exterior Metal parts are high quality, all doors, hoods, and panels line up very well (I have had vehicles not JEEP that had Ā¼ā€ gap differences from top of door jamb to bottom upon delivery - $50K vehicles) and am impressed. The Gunsights to keep the tree branches off the windshield in the woods (or jungle as they were intended) are high quality and well made. The doors are of decent weight and close well unlike a Wrangler where you have to remind everyone every time not to SLAM the damn door.
    • Exterior NON METAL parts: Sasquatch Fenders are just OK, but something that draws my ire a bit is that Ford added some sort of Mud Flap/Flare piece the to rear bumper to extend the bumper out to meet to flare width and it looks like something you would go to Autozone and buy and add onā€¦ā€¦.very cheap and AFTERTHOUGHT look to it. The MIC Top is not very good, took both front panels and mid panel out to air out the horrible plastic smell of the interior and sat it outside for a day. The panels latches work well but they are not as easy to remove and install as the wranglers, the holes/pins are more difficult to line up, might get easier over time but initial impressions is that it is a first build vehicle and refinements will be welcomed just like from the 2012 JKā€™s to the 2015+ JKā€˜s were by the Jeep crowd. The WIldtrak badge definitely feels like a Refrigerator magnet, I will debadge this thing as well as removing the mountains off of the sides.
    • Interior - overall a WIN here over the Toyotas and the Jeeps. Space is utilized well for elbow room, storage, and access to dash items. Steering wheel controls are a bit crowded but this is a mute point compared to the competitors I listed. As for the steering wheel though a few notes, the size if perfect, feels great to the touch, and the bottom center part is almost a dead ringer for the latest Wrangler Rubicon Steering wheel, the hole is large enough to 2 finger steer but nothing more. Overall like the cockpit feel from the drivers seat a lot.
      • This is where I am disappointed in the interior: Plastic panels whether it be door panels, dash panels or sides of console are all very thin plastic that scratches EASILY, this is of a lesser quality than a 4Runner for instance and expected but I didnā€™t expect it to be of lesser quality than a Wrangler. At the end of the day this is an Off-Road SUV so it isnā€™t a big deal but it was surprising so I am mentioning it with some emphasis.
  • B&O Sound System and Ford Sync4 - Upgrade over the Toyota systems by a mile, and I would say overall an upgrade over the latest Rubicon system and UConnect (had software issues in all of my UConnect vehicles over the years). Sound wise it is more than sufficient for my middle aged ears and I invest heavily in my home audio systems and headphone systems.
  • Tires - Ordered Nitto Ridge Grapplers already, these Goodyear are a typical LOW TREAD OEM tire and not good rubber at that in my estimation. Turning the Bronco they have that feel of a SXS or 4-wheeler on the pavement, if you know you know.

Build (parts dependent):
  • As already mentioned changing to true 35ā€ Ridge Grapplers as soon as delivered, took the brush guard off and sold it already (not a fan of the redesign), ordered the 1ā€ leveling lift for the front for now (has as much rake as a 4Runner, was surprised that pics didnā€™t show this better than it shows in person), will add coilovers along with front winch eventually to offset load and level it properly. Will order proper sliders when a good design hits the market. Sway bar disconnects when available. I will tune this 2.7 with intake and downpipes after breakin and parts availability to squeeze a bit more power out of it. Depending on the wheeling this gets into it might get another lift and 37ā€™s, but that would require me to get another daily driver as I have in the past when I have went for off-road manners vs a good mix of the on/off. 37ā€™s for everyday on road are overkill and the mall Cops donā€™t like it.
I wonā€™t be going off road until the 1000 mile break-in but will add to the review at the top at that time.

Oh yeah a note on the color, I wanted Iconic Silver but chose Cactus Grey based on family input, I should have went with Iconic Silver. I like the Cactus Grey but it draws more attention and conversations as to where the Silver would have flown a bit better under the radar and I am interested in a clear matte wrap over that silver as well for a unique Back to the Future Delorean look.

Thanks for reading and while it was a long wait it was worth it!

View attachment 139744

View attachment 139745
If ā€œgo big blueā€ means youā€™re in KY, I hope I get mine and can be on the road with you soon! Hopefully mine comes to Lexington next week! Congrats!!

OP
OP
1IH

1IH

Wildtrak
First Name
Joe MaMa
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It would be a great year if we both get our Broncos and #9!

If ā€œgo big blueā€ means youā€™re in KY, I hope I get mine and can be on the road with you soon! Hopefully mine comes to Lexington next week! Congrats!!
Sponsored