Sponsored

WILDTRAK 2021 TO 2022 PRICE HELD BY FORD... DOESN'T ACCOUNT FOR DOWNGRADED FEATURES

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

I've discussed my disappointment with the 2022 Wildtrak pricing, on an earlier thread. Unfortunately, not enough people seem to be aware of the Ford changes/downgrades on this model, to make a difference. Let me try to explain my position:

I'm ok with the fact that Ford held pricing on the Wildtrak. I believe that the credit for these reserved Wildtraks, is just about right, except the fact that they also downgraded/removed all of the Color Match stuff that I WANT on a Wildtrak, to be replaced by even more of the crappy MIC Colored stuff that NOBODY wants on their Broncos. So, now that we might decide to color match the crappy and leaking MIC Tops, to match our paint colors (at a cost of +/- $1600 sanding, cleaning, taping, painting, and clear coat). Now, we also have the below listed and more crappy items to deal with!!!

2021: Door handles -- Painted to match / 2022 -- Door Handles -- MIC Grey
2021: Mirror Backs -- Painted to match / 2022 Mirror Backs -- MIC Grey

I've seen some ads to have this done, at costs between $600 and $800! Who pays for this previously Standard stuff? Me again?

On a related topic, many with a Badlands don't want a Capable front bumper... they want the Heavy Duty Modular bumper, but the Capable is now standard... but they can upgrade to get it. Many people with a Wildtrak, want Capable bumper... they can't get it... that's not OK.

People with a Badlands get a standard steel rear bumper... people with a Wildtrak can't even order it as an option... and they can either watch the bumper turn grey and rot, or they can buy an after market steel bumper. That is STUPID!!!
Sponsored

Last edited:

Tdifonzo

Badlands
First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Audi S3
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

On a related topic, many with a Badlands don't want a Capable front bumper... they want the Heavy Duty Modular bumper, but the Capable is now standard... but they can downgrade to get it. Many people with a Wildtrak, want Capable bumper... they can't get it... that's not OK.
Modular bumper is an upgrade on Badlands, not a downgrade.

RagnarKon

Badlands
First Name
Bryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Bronco, Escape, Focus
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

If you really care about the colored stuff... Outer Banks with the Sasquatch package. Ends up being cheaper than Wildtrak overall and the only thing you're missing out on is the Baja GOAT mode.

And honestly... you could probably just set your Outer Banks to Sport mode and then click the 4-Auto button on your GOAT dial and suddenly you have mimicked Baja mode.

---

Anything that is new for 2022 doesn't bother me at all. The capable bumper? Doesn't bother me. The steel rear bumper?? That was only available on Black Diamond and Badlands in 2021, and was never available on Wildtrak... so why be angry about it now?

It makes sense to be angry in regards to the the removal of color options (AMB/Rapid Red/etc.). And I can also understand being frustrated with the painted trim pieces on the Wildtrak... although as I mentioned earlier that can be fixed with Outer Banks w/ Sas. But beyond that... I don't have any problems with what Ford did for 2022.

Beach_Bum

Black Diamond
First Name
Ken
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Black Diamond Bronco, 2023 Outerbanks Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

If the body color mirror caps and handles is what you want, then get an OBX 2.7L Sasquatched. It still won't address your bumper dilemma, but at least you'll have more interior options.

Sponsored

JWBronco

Wildtrak
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2010 Ford Edge
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Are we sure about the painted handles and mirrors? It’s still pictured that way on Build and Price?

OP
OP
acetdeucy

acetdeucy

Badlands
First Name
daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Lincoln Corsair Lexus RX350
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Are we sure about the painted handles and mirrors? It’s still pictured that way on Build and Price?
Yeah. They changed the picture to the "new" MIC handles... that they are sure everyone will just LOVE!

adamruiz2001

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford SVT Lightning
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I agree with you on the changing of mirror caps and handles, just silly, but all in all, its really as simple as painting them, I do agree it sucks to have to pay extra on the side to have those things done when they were already done for the '21 model. But my buddy that owns his own paint and body shop said he will handle this for me when the time comes!

Sponsored

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
mod bumper is not standard on the black diamond for 22. was on 21. not sure what i can do about it. i like the oe mod bumper and dont like any of the after marker bumpers. hopeful i can get a discount off my early 2020 order. was before march.

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I agree with you on the changing of mirror caps and handles, just silly, but all in all, its really as simple as painting them, I do agree it sucks to have to pay extra on the side to have those things done when they were already done for the '21 model. But my buddy that owns his own paint and body shop said he will handle this for me when the time comes!
its not a big deal when you have a hook up, but most everyone else has to pay out of pocket for something that was included in what they are paying for.

Jr87mustang

Black Diamond
First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford Expedition, 1987 5.0 GT Convert
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I just want the WT trim replaced with something that has a purpose to it. 🤷‍♂️

Fat dog

Black Diamond
First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1986 Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
I just want the WT trim replaced with something that has a purpose to it. 🤷‍♂️
unfortunately, ford has taken away everything on the wt that makes is special, for 22. unless you really really love a camo interior.

MyATV

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I can see both sides of the handles & mirrors issue. Personally, I'd rather them match the other plastic trim on the vehicle (non-glossy). I saw a Wildtrak in the showroom of my dealership, and the glossy mirrors & handles seemed out of place on the vehicle, when taken as a whole.
But it may be color-dependent too. I'm going with Carb Gray, and I like the understated subtleties between the body color, the hard top, and matte-finish trim-work (whether black or gray). I'm not looking for anything to draw attention to itself, and glossy mirrors & handles do just that. Now if they could be painted in a matte-finish, that might work.
Sponsored