First Name
Andy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Japanese car/SUV unfortunately
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Wildtrak is wider stance because the tires themselves are wider. Factory will not use spacers. They will build the offset needed in the wheels. Many tire places won’t even touch a vehicle that is using spacers.
copy, learning something new. So how does .5 inch tires then equate to 3 inches in width. Trying to figure out if there is anything special about the WT, or if I am Just better loading out the BLs.
Sponsored

ZackDanger

Badlands
First Name
Z
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Toyota 4Runner
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

copy, learning something new. So how does .5 inch tires then equate to 3 inches in width. Trying to figure out if there is anything special about the WT, or if I am Just better loading out the BLs.
Are we talking vehicle width or track width?

If its track width, then if the tires can’t account for the full addition, then the other place it would come from is wheel offset (basically where the center line of the tire is in relation to the mating surface of the wheel to the vehicle hub). Wheels with a different offset can effectively push the tires further out away from the vehicle.

If it‘s just vehicle width, the Wildtrack (and squatch) have wider fender flares to accommodate the wider tires.

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

What is happening behind the rear passenger door?
Looks like a mount spot for sensors
i would say some kind of fuel monitoring system
That thing behind the rear passenger door is a magnetic outside ambient air temperature thermocouple. It gets plugged into the data logger that is on board to monitor the outside air temps when logging data.

I used to do these types of prototype build ups (installing all these temp and pressure sensors and data loggers) so im 110% sure thats what it is.

Sponsored

L8apex

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
Vehicle(s)
'14 Focus ST, '21 Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
That thing behind the rear passenger door is a magnetic outside ambient air temperature thermocouple. It gets plugged into the data logger that is on board to monitor the outside air temps when logging data.

I used to do these types of prototype build ups (installing all these temp and pressure sensors and data loggers) so im 110% sure thats what it is.
The PVC is 100% an ambient air TC; the other part is just an antenna for the radios used between cars. Looks like the driver was just trying to find a steel spot to mount the magnets too since the roof isn’t an option.

TNcoupe

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Badlands, 1970 Bronco, 1955 T Bird
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

It doesn't look good to me.
Maybe just the angle, but it looks like a bloated dairy cow.
Think you meant to say 4 door.

GetBucked

Big Bend
First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2014 Focus ST
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

The PVC is 100% an ambient air TC; the other part is just an antenna for the radios used between cars. Looks like the driver was just trying to find a steel spot to mount the magnets too since the roof isn’t an option.
Yeah. Sometimes they will have to put them in weird locations to get the magnet to stick. On the F-150s we would have to grind the paint off and epoxy a small 4"x4" piece of steel, so that they would stick.

Sponsored

stufarmer

Wildtrak
First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19' F450 4wd 6.7 KR - 17 F150 4wd 5.0 Lariat
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Just think, all these Broncos we're seeing will be headed to the Crusher soon.

pandapaul

Badlands
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs