Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey everyone! I'm new here so please be gentle.

Like the rest of you I've been agonizing over the smallest details of my build for weeks. I've decided to go with the Wildtrak!

Last issue though is with the hood decal. My color choice is Antimatter Blue, but with the hood decal I'm worried that it'll just blend into the overall color.

If I switch to Area 51, it'd be a much "different" color from everything else out on the road and it would make the black hood decal pop more.

Unfortunately, not a whole lot of pictures to look at online. What do you all think?
Sponsored

Big_Ed

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Nobody can answer this but yourself, but imo (as someone getting a Badlands and not a Wildtrak), if I was going Wildtrak I would likely go with a color that made that hood graphic stand out and goes well with the black grill. With my Badlands, I chose A51 because I thought it went well with the grey grill and beauty rings. I don't think that A51 would match as well with the Wildtrak's black beauty rings and grill. I'd probably go Either Cactus Gray or Carbonized Gray if I was going with a wildtrak.

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

I am getting an A51 Black Diamond, so I'm a little partial to that color. But, I also really like the look of Antimatter Blue, and additionally, I like that there is less contrast between the vehicle and the graphics; subtly cooler without being flashy. Also, I agree with Big_Ed, Antimatter Blue will look better with the glossy black mirrors and grille.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It will mostly look all black (wheels, Bronco emblem, graphics), I agree, don't think it will be a good mix, mostly blackish with flat black stickers (aside from the MIC). VB or A51 would be a better blue.

Sponsored
OP
OP
BroncoDymond88

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I really do like the cactus grey color I'm seeing but I think it's a bit too light for my taste. Being more partial to dark colors, i was thinking Area 51 might be a good middle ground between Antimatter and Cactus Grey. Still make the black grille and rims pop but not be light enough that it looks white in some light.

I know it's really a personal question but being indecisive sucks when you're spending this much! Thanks for the insights guys!

DeltaBravo

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Delta
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
MIKES MOM
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Buy what you want. Also stickers are WACK

OP
OP
BroncoDymond88

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I do agree in general about stickers, but don't have a choice to not get the hood decal with the Wildtrack. If I have to have the hood decal it just makes sense to use the additional decals to help contrast the body color that much more.

jaruss01

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 XC90 T6 R-Design / 2020 S60 T6 AWD
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
A hood decal covering up the beautiful AMB paint? Switch over to a loaded OBX sas and do the right thing.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Lowcountry Bronco

Heritage
First Name
William
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Ranger and Toyota FJ Cruiser
Your Bronco Model
Heritage
Clubs

I'm not a sticker guy so if I had to have a WT I'd probably opt for the AMB. If you're the reverse then get whatever lighter color you like so the sticker is prevalent.

OP
OP
BroncoDymond88

BroncoDymond88

Wildtrak
First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Kia Sorento
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Julz670

Black Diamond
First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Previously: '83 and '95 Bronco XLTs. RIP.
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
Clubs

Except for other Broncos. Area 51 is the most popular color chosen across the entire Bronco line up.
Except for Broncos, its popular on Broncos? :unsure: Lol not sure if I agree with that logic... also not sure I disagree... haha. I know what you mean though.

Looking out at all the vehicles on the street, obviously black, white, and gray are the most popular color choices for the average buyer, but based on this forum it seems like there are going to be A LOT of A51 Broncos driving around in a few months. Definitely a popular choice for the 2dr and 4dr. Maybe not as popular on the Sport.
Sponsored