First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
2DR WT 2.7- For me- knowing the pragmatic utilization of this vehicle, knowing l may never use it for Rock Crawlling I opted for the WT. The rig is capable and if I get myself into a bad situation or want to explore, I won't be worrried, but this weekend I was validated chosing WT.

In short, there is a road from my cabin back home that is rarely traveled becuase about 20 miles of it is dirt though the mountains. As the crow flies, it is shorter, but because it is dirt, it is a big negative for most folks but I decided to drive it last weekend to see for myself.

In short, what is generally a 2.5 (best case)- 3 hour drive back home was reduced to 2 hrs. While not made for crawling, towing or excellent gas mileage, the Wildtrak excelled on a dirt road at 50-60+ MPH. Super stable, predictable, planted and fun. In reality, I am way more likely to take a dirt road to a random ghost town vs. seek out a technical obstacle requiring "crawl mode". In short...........fun and impressive.
Sponsored

Last edited:

SZairborne

Big Bend
First Name
Shayne
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Dodge charger GT AWD
Your Bronco Model
Big Bend
Clubs

Sounds like an awesome time!!

killaz05

Badlands
First Name
Charles
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Bronco Badlands 2.7 Sasquatch
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Badlands even without Sasquatch has the Hoss 2.0 suspension standard just with 33" tires. So as many have said. A WildTrak with Hoss 3.0 would be a performance difference. Still... glad you enjoyed your bronco and the high-speed dirt road!

Sponsored
OP
OP
Lxatoledo

Lxatoledo

Wildtrak
First Name
E
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
75 EB Ranger
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
There’s no performance difference between WildTrak and other models upgraded to Sasquatch ?

New models with the HOSS 3.0 I can see making the case but I believe in theory any mode could have done that

" The Base Model Ford Bronco is designed much more for highway and city driving than going off-road, so Ford decided to put a high-quality highway-terrain tire on it from the factory — the Bridgestone Dueler H/T" I don't know man........2.3 with smaller tires -- almost like saying, "The base F-150 is the same as a Raptor"

Peppington

Outer Banks
First Name
Pat
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
N/A
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

" The Base Model Ford Bronco is designed much more for highway and city driving than going off-road, so Ford decided to put a high-quality highway-terrain tire on it from the factory — the Bridgestone Dueler H/T" I don't know man........2.3 with smaller tires -- almost like saying, "The base F-150 is the same as a Raptor"
Once you Sasquatch it there is no difference is between the Wildtrak and any other trim beside a couple GOAT modes is my point.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If the tiny amount of extra ground clearance over a Badlands was all the difference between smashing into the tops of rocks at highway speeds, then yes, you needed it. If you weren't screaming over a boulder field at a mile a minute and kissing the tops of obstacles, then no, you were not 'validated' in your choice, nor do you need to be. You wanted a WT, you bought one, good for you! The only time you need validation is so you can park for free at the mall pay lot.

Drex

Banned
Badlands
Banned
Banned
First Name
Jake
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 SLK55 AMG, '15 Indian Chief, '15 WRX
Your Bronco Model
Badlands

No, it is saying that if you did something that can be done in a base F-150, it does not mean you needed a Raptor to do it.

MayhemMike

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercury
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
It may take my Bad Lands a few minutes longer to conquer that run, but sitting in my awesome interior makes the extra time unimportant.

Sponsored

ProdigyJKU

Black Diamond
First Name
Rob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2012 Wrangler
Your Bronco Model
Black Diamond
What does a 2.3 have to do with driving on a dirt road?

A base SAS would have handled that road better, lighter than your WT so more control.

Last edited:

HeliPilot

Badlands
First Name
Kenny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 2.7L SAS
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
I would have set the adaptive cruise in my LUX, SAS, OBX. That way it could intervene on my behalf for a random deer while I comfortably listened to my favorite play list on Ford+Alexa nestled in my heated leather seat, while my hands stayed toasty from the heated wheel. The cabin temp would be easily maintained with a quick glance at my digital temp control knobs. I may have even engaged my front and rear lockers for that random palm sized Boulder!!! Just poking a little fun, glad you enjoy your wild track.

Last edited:

AZ_BRONC

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
‘17 4Runner, ‘16 BMW 328i, ‘96 Stang GT, ‘19 Mini
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Clubs

Just get SAS anything with a few easy add ons like mod bumper and bash plate and you’re golden, Base to Sasquatch. After that it is just interiors, which are subjective. We can all get along!