George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

New to the forum - Sorry if this has been addressed - Does anyone know if adding the HD Modular front bumper to the Wildtrak will have any effect on the camera or ACC systems?
Sponsored

Lilj4425

Badlands
First Name
Jacob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
If you get it with a winch, it will block the front camera partially. The bumper itself shouldn’t though. Not sure about the ACC systems.

WatchYourSix

Outer Banks
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Explorer ST, 2021 Bronco, 2022 Maverick
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
Shouldn't affect ACC either (if added from factory). Just remember, you lose the fog lights with modular front bumper.

OP
OP

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Shouldn't affect ACC either (if added from factory). Just remember, you lose the fog lights with modular front bumper.
Thanks for the input - I like the look and functionality of the HD bumper but didn't want it to negatively effect the automatic cruise and camera system - I can always add fog lights down the road.

Sponsored
OP
OP

Wildtrak
First Name
George
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 F150 XLT
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Do you know if the capable bumper is steel or plastic.

guzie

Badlands
First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Subaru WRX sti, 2019 Ford Mustang GT
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Do you know if the capable bumper is steel or plastic.
At main portion of the capable bumper is steel as it’s designed to hold the winch as well

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the input - I like the look and functionality of the HD bumper but didn't want it to negatively effect the automatic cruise and camera system - I can always add fog lights down the road.
As pointed out, the Modular bumper loses the fogs and concenus says the switch and wireing harness as well.

For just a bit more, you could get the Capable instead which keeps the fogs (and guessing the switch and wiring)... although the Capable is in different section on the BnP so unclear what impact that will mean.

Sponsored

pony2bronco

First Edition
First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2DR FE
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

For just a bit more, you could get the Capable instead
Just a bit more may be a pretty penny. The Capable is a DIO which 'does not include installation or painting'. Could easily see them tacking another $500 on, plus the $400 for the bash plates (they come with the HD Mod but not the Capable).

I think the acc question is a good one, hopefully Ford can answer that prior to order

vintage

First Edition
First Name
Dave
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Wrangler JLU Rubicon, 4Runner Trd Pro, Indian Chieftain, Indian Springfield
Your Bronco Model
First Edition
Clubs

As pointed out, the Modular bumper loses the fogs and concenus says the switch and wireing harness as well.

For just a bit more, you could get the Capable instead which keeps the fogs (and guessing the switch and wiring)... although the Capable is in different section on the BnP so unclear what impact that will mean.
The Sema Bronco shows you can add the cube lights in place of the fog lights with steel Mod bumper.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak -  HD Modular front Bumper 20201122_133844

da_jokker

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Jeep Wrangler JKUR
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

The Sema Bronco shows you can add the cube lights in place of the fog lights with steel Mod bumper.
Ford Bronco Wildtrak -  HD Modular front Bumper 20201122_133844
Oh yeah definitely... you can add modular items to the Modular bumper. But then you have to run wires to the Aux Switches (if you bought those). Some of us just prefer the idea of something standard like Fog Lights be tied to your headlight switch like normal.

I think if I was going to have to Add Fog Lights, I would just go with a Light bar and get more for the hassel.