NJNMDoc

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Bronco Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
This is getting confusing, I installed the "Rough Country 2.5 inch lift kit sku:51071 ", only,
1677686557136.png
Spacers on top of coilover assembly, upper control arms, diff. drop, track bar drop. No collars.

I looked for the email from Rough Country saying it would fit, but must have deleted it. The install went exactly as the instructions showed, nothing, other than the skidplate, had to be modified.

The steel skidplate was the only modifying that had to be done, I don't believe it had anything to do with being a HOSS 3.0. The diff. drop lowers the diff., the skidplate isn't lowered so it makes contact.
Hey Dan- are you the guy that 86’d the lower strut spacer from the RC level kit? I was pretty sure it was you?
Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Hey Dan- are you the guy that 86’d the lower strut spacer from the RC level kit? I was pretty sure it was you?
I just called rough country. They said that the standard 1 inch lift kit will NOT work with the HOSS. They are working on getting a HOSS equipped Bronco in Shop to make one that fits. I will wait for RC or FOUTZ to make the correct part.

These are expensive toys, I do not want to run the risk of ruining anything.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
These are expensive toys, I do not want to run the risk of ruining anything.
Then leave it stock and get off this forum’s modifications pissing contest while aftermarket companies are rushing product to market or not quite there yet 😉
Wildtrak is a great stock spec! Enjoy! 🤠

Sponsored

JackTripper

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Enough
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Then leave it stock and get off this forum’s modifications pissing contest while aftermarket companies are rushing product to market or not quite there yet 😉
Wildtrak is a great stock spec! Enjoy! 🤠
I have no problem modifying, I just wanna make sure I make the correct modifications that won’t affect the reliability of the vehicle. Your statement is moot. Thank you for your comments.

0ne

Base
First Name
Nate
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Flex
Your Bronco Model
Base
I have no problem modifying, I just wanna make sure I make the correct modifications that won’t affect the reliability of the vehicle. Your statement is moot. Thank you for your comments.
You’re funny, good luck! 👍

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
This is getting confusing, I installed the "Rough Country 2.5 inch lift kit sku:51071 ", only,
1677686557136.png
Spacers on top of coilover assembly, upper control arms, diff. drop, track bar drop. No collars.

I looked for the email from Rough Country saying it would fit, but must have deleted it. The install went exactly as the instructions showed, nothing, other than the skidplate, had to be modified.

The steel skidplate was the only modifying that had to be done, I don't believe it had anything to do with being a HOSS 3.0. The diff. drop lowers the diff., the skidplate isn't lowered so it makes contact.
I had a local shop order the ki to put on my 23 Wildtrak 4 door. I don't see a diff drop spacer in the kit. Also, any chance you could post a picture of where you cut the diff skid plate? And wondering if alignment was easy? Thanks

OP
OP
TexasDan

TexasDan

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
The L shaped bracket(with 2 tabs) and cylindrical spacers, both top center in pic.
I had a local shop order the ki to put on my 23 Wildtrak 4 door. I don't see a diff drop spacer in the kit. Also, any chance you could post a picture of where you cut the diff skid plate? And wondering if alignment was easy? Thanks
Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! IMG_0237 (1).JPG
Hopefully you can see where I lengthend the existing opening. I added the flat strap for protection(not required). Also a slight grinding on passenger side, both are obvious when holding skid up to vehicle to reinstall.

Sponsored

cynicalrider

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
First gen taco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

So you installed a spacer lift on top of high performance shocks? Did you happen to extend your bump stop to accommodate this? The upper control arms I am sure help keep the UCA's off the spindle but curious to see if you are maxing the CV's at full droop too.

Tishomingo

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
I think lots of people agreeing how silly that looks!
Good reminder that less is more sometimes. The orange paint and graphics are not helping anything here. Maybe a less capable Wildtrak now with these changes.

OP
OP
TexasDan

TexasDan

Wildtrak
First Name
Dan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Thanks for your input, I suggest you don't do your Bronco that way.
My Bronco my way!
Good reminder that less is more sometimes. The orange paint and graphics are not helping anything here. Maybe a less capable Wildtrak now with these changes.

Geronimo

Badlands
First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Tacoma, Bronco Badlands Sad on order!
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Life would be boring if everyone had the same of everything. Think about it, same house, dog wife kids clothes, haircut, car. Luckily we are all individuals with our own likes and tastes and "personalities". Hopefully you don't take this in a bad way, but maybe you could work on the last one just a little bit. I learned early on that if you don't have something nice to say, don't say anything at all. 🫤

Chritaka

Wildtrak
First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'23 WildTrak; '06 Whippl'd Mustang (sold4upgrades)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I had a shop install the rough country kit and it worked perfectly to raise my front end an inch. HOSS 3.0.

Ford Bronco Wildtrak HOSS 3.0 Build almost done, hahahahahaha! IMG_3623
Raised the front end 1 inch? So sounds like you did a 1” level kit and not the 2.5” RC lift kit that’s been the primary discussion in this thread.
Sponsored