Sponsored

Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs. Badlands on the East Coast.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Other way around. They need to add the steering rack to the badlands lol. I'd take the fox shocks also, but to not have that steering rack on a rock crawling focused bronco is ridiculous. The WT made 0 sense until they added HOSS 3.0 I'm still a bit clueless as to why people bought it before the HOSS 3.0 announcement. Everything on the WT you can get on a badlands but not the other way around. That being said I'm an upgrader. I'm assuming in 2023 we will see the raptor digital dash in the lux package broncos (probably also suppose to happen at model launch but supply chain issues pushed it out). And upgraded steering rack for the badlands as standard. I'm hoping they have a plug in hybrid also. I'll upgrade in 2024.
I agree 100%. Would be nice if Badlands got the Hoss 3.0 as an option. Nobody gets what they want lol unless u go Raptor and they charge 30k over MSRP; however, the Raptor doesn't have my color Race Red šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚šŸ˜‚
Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Iā€™d rather have the upgraded steering parts than the sway bar disconnect. The bilstein shocks seem great to me as it is, but if the fox shocks are that much better, it seems like a no brainer. The sway bar disconnect is cool and all, but with front and rear lockers, itā€™s hardly ever necessary. So what if your back tire is 12ā€ off the ground vs 16ā€ off the ground? You still have three tires pushing you over an obstacle, and itā€™s a pretty small window of opportunities where you have 4 tires on the ground with the sway bar disconnected vs three tires on the ground with it connected, and those situations generally arenā€™t the situations where youā€™re fighting for more traction. Thereā€™s also the argument that the push button sway bar disconnects arenā€™t all that reliable. It doesnā€™t seem to be much of a concern on the bronco so far, but we have seen more than a few who have had issues with it. I know a lot of Jeep guys who prefer a manual disconnect for reliability reasons, but from what I can tell, the bronco disconnect is better than the Jeepā€™s.

Either way, I havenā€™t seen anyone in a badlands or first edition do anything that I couldnā€™t do in my wildtrak. I have added rock crawl mode on my wildtrak, but I really donā€™t even use any of the goat modes very often. I just go between 4h and 4L, and use lockers when necessary. I think the washout interior on the badlands is a better selling point than the sway bar disconnect if thatā€™s a concern for you. It wasnā€™t for me, I wanted leather and lux. Having an early 22 wildtrak, I have to admit that I was disappointed that the hoss 3.0 upgrade wasnā€™t available to me. And obviously, Iā€™d rather have the sway bar disconnect than not have it, but if I had to choose between hoss 3.0 and a sway bar disconnect, Iā€™d go for steering parts upgrade all day. I do plan on installing a manual disconnect when I find one I like, but the more I take it off road, the less I feel like I need it.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Other way around. They need to add the steering rack to the badlands lol. I'd take the fox shocks also, but to not have that steering rack on a rock crawling focused bronco is ridiculous. The WT made 0 sense until they added HOSS 3.0 I'm still a bit clueless as to why people bought it before the HOSS 3.0 announcement. Everything on the WT you can get on a badlands but not the other way around. That being said I'm an upgrader. I'm assuming in 2023 we will see the raptor digital dash in the lux package broncos (probably also suppose to happen at model launch but supply chain issues pushed it out). And upgraded steering rack for the badlands as standard. I'm hoping they have a plug in hybrid also. I'll upgrade in 2024.
Not to mention the beefier Tie Rods which have been failing big time in stock form.

brentutk

Wildtrak
First Name
Brent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Eruption Green Wildtrak
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I'm pretty sure hoss 3.0 will be standard on Wildtrak's beginning with the 2023. Some of the other upgrades, like the tie rod strengthening, may go to other models as well, but pretty sure the fox suspension will be standard for Wildtrak and only Wildtrak.

MNbronco

Wildtrak
First Name
RC
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 F150 Tremor, 2021 Bronco sport
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Any actual photos of Hoss 3.0 delivered ? I have a WT with Hoss but i have to wait for another month for delivery... to my understanding production for the Hoss 3.0 started on build week 5/23, there is got to be someone already with it....
6/13 build week with built status and tear tag and awaiting shipment for 7/21 week

Sponsored

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Iā€™d rather have the upgraded steering parts than the sway bar disconnect. The bilstein shocks seem great to me as it is, but if the fox shocks are that much better, it seems like a no brainer. The sway bar disconnect is cool and all, but with front and rear lockers, itā€™s hardly ever necessary. So what if your back tire is 12ā€ off the ground vs 16ā€ off the ground? You still have three tires pushing you over an obstacle, and itā€™s a pretty small window of opportunities where you have 4 tires on the ground with the sway bar disconnected vs three tires on the ground with it connected, and those situations generally arenā€™t the situations where youā€™re fighting for more traction. Thereā€™s also the argument that the push button sway bar disconnects arenā€™t all that reliable. It doesnā€™t seem to be much of a concern on the bronco so far, but we have seen more than a few who have had issues with it. I know a lot of Jeep guys who prefer a manual disconnect for reliability reasons, but from what I can tell, the bronco disconnect is better than the Jeepā€™s.

Either way, I havenā€™t seen anyone in a badlands or first edition do anything that I couldnā€™t do in my wildtrak. I have added rock crawl mode on my wildtrak, but I really donā€™t even use any of the goat modes very often. I just go between 4h and 4L, and use lockers when necessary. I think the washout interior on the badlands is a better selling point than the sway bar disconnect if thatā€™s a concern for you. It wasnā€™t for me, I wanted leather and lux. Having an early 22 wildtrak, I have to admit that I was disappointed that the hoss 3.0 upgrade wasnā€™t available to me. And obviously, Iā€™d rather have the sway bar disconnect than not have it, but if I had to choose between hoss 3.0 and a sway bar disconnect, Iā€™d go for steering parts upgrade all day. I do plan on installing a manual disconnect when I find one I like, but the more I take it off road, the less I feel like I need it.
Fox shocks are made to take fast repetitive beating without loss in performance. Wouldnt really be beneficial to rock crawling. I could see the need for beefier steering but still youre supposed to rock CRAWL at low speeds.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Any actual photos of Hoss 3.0 delivered ? I have a WT with Hoss but i have to wait for another month for delivery... to my understanding production for the Hoss 3.0 started on build week 5/23, there is got to be someone already with it....
Mine is being shipped via convoy. According to the dealership the expect it to get there tomorrow, 6/22

vrtical

Raptor
First Name
Doug
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fords
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Clubs

Ford would be smart to just add the updated steering rack and tie rods on all trims. Leave the HOSS 3.0 shocks to the WT as its a Baja trim.

gryphon1231

First Name
dj
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
na
Your Bronco Model
Undecided
Clubs

Now that the new Hoss 3.0 Suspension is available on the Wildtrak trim it has become more competitive with the Badlands. Given some of the issues with Tie Rods breaking and steering rack breaking, the new Hoss 3.0 will bring the new Fox shocks as well as beefed up Tie Rods and the Raptor steering Rack. What do you guys think, which trim is realistically better to buy on the East Coast? I am caught in the middle as I really do like the little details in the look of the Wildtrak but also appreciate the Badlands stabilizer bar disconnect and crawl mode. The Wildtrak does not have a stabilizer bar disconnect but I heard this can easily be added aftermarket in manual form for about $100, so you can have the Hoss 3.0 as well as the stabilizer bar disconnect. Please share your opinion, and if there are any folks who already ordered the Hoss 3.0 Wildtrak what was your justification?
by-pass shocks and upgraded tie rods/steering rack while I wait for my long travel suspension upgrade.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Fox shocks are made to take fast repetitive beating without loss in performance. Wouldnt really be beneficial to rock crawling. I could see the need for beefier steering but still youre supposed to rock CRAWL at low speeds.
True, but I would imagine the fox shocks are also good at low speeds, so I doubt it would seem like a downgrade for crawling. Iā€™m perfectly happy with the bilsteins at low or high speeds so far, I havenā€™t broken any steering components yet, and I havenā€™t felt like a sway bar disconnect is a necessity. As far as Iā€™m concerned, the Sasquatch package is the only real necessity, having both lockers and low gearing along with larger tires. Thatā€™s probably the one thing that I wouldnā€™t even think about skimping on if I had it to do all over again, except with the non Sasquatch badlands of course.

Sponsored
OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
True, but I would imagine the fox shocks are also good at low speeds, so I doubt it would seem like a downgrade for crawling. Iā€™m perfectly happy with the bilsteins at low or high speeds so far, I havenā€™t broken any steering components yet, and I havenā€™t felt like a sway bar disconnect is a necessity. As far as Iā€™m concerned, the Sasquatch package is the only real necessity, having both lockers and low gearing along with larger tires. Thatā€™s probably the one thing that I wouldnā€™t even think about skimping on if I had it to do all over again, except with the non Sasquatch badlands of course.
Yeah Bilsteins are just fine for sure they will both do well. I heard that Fox shocks are good for everything no matter what u're doing and Bilsteins are great for damping off-road but they aren't as good with small bumps as you can feel it more vs. the Fox shocks. These are all just little things in a grand scheme of things. What pulls me toward the Wildtrak is those upgraded Tie Rods and Raptor Steering Rack, I can solve the stabilizer disconnect for about $100 in the aftermarket and just have the stabilizer bar disconnect in manual if I really need it. The problem is there are documented failures on the tie rods and the steering rack has broken multiple times on the Raptor Truck and many people have complained about it. The fact that the Wildtrak is getting the same steering rack as the F-150 Raptor tells you something about the reliability of those components. I figured in a smaller Bronco it will do better than the Raptor. Even in the F-250 Raptor the steering rack.doesnt break unless you really push it but some people have broken in numerous times. It is definitely a single point vulnerability for sure.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
I think those Tie Rods break very easily especially if you lift your truck with bigger tires.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor

Thanks for the detailed input. I also think it is a lot easier to add a stabilizer bar disconnect to the Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 than it is to add the Hoss 3.0 to the Badlands. It is also fairly inexpensive to have it added as a manual option and then you have it all whereas if you're get the Badlands adding a Hoss 3.0 will cost significantly more. This is why I started this thread because I think the Wildtrak with the 3.0 Hoss is possibly winning the argument a bit more but then again there are other things to consider like the floor drain which is not that important to me. How did you add the crawl mode and was it worth it?

Last edited:

Mattwings

Badlands
First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Badlands Bronco
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

People keep mentioning you can add sway bar disconnect for $100. While that may be true, once you have had the active system, that works regardless of wheel position and disconnects/connects at the push of a button, you wonā€™t think they are the same. Other than a local off road park, I have never ā€œneededā€ to disconnect my stay-bar. I do use it way more often than my lockers, because the ride is much better for slow speed trail rides when it is disconnected. I also donā€™t have to get itthe vehicle level, wrestle with pins, crawl under the vehicle in the snow or mid etc. I also love the MGV. In terms of high speed running and ride, I am sure I would prefer the HOSS 3.0, shocks are a west item and relatively easy to replace. Auto disconnect stay-bar, unknown, but seems hard and expensive. The tie rod issue is real, but really overblown as well IMO. I have been on a bunch of rides, with a bunch of Broncos on everything from man made tank traps to dunes. No issues from anyone so far. Most of the issues are either lifts or pretty soon and abusive driving from my perspective.

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
People keep mentioning you can add sway bar disconnect for $100. While that may be true, once you have had the active system, that works regardless of wheel position and disconnects/connects at the push of a button, you wonā€™t think they are the same. Other than a local off road park, I have never ā€œneededā€ to disconnect my stay-bar. I do use it way more often than my lockers, because the ride is much better for slow speed trail rides when it is disconnected. I also donā€™t have to get itthe vehicle level, wrestle with pins, crawl under the vehicle in the snow or mid etc. I also love the MGV. In terms of high speed running and ride, I am sure I would prefer the HOSS 3.0, shocks are a west item and relatively easy to replace. Auto disconnect stay-bar, unknown, but seems hard and expensive. The tie rod issue is real, but really overblown as well IMO. I have been on a bunch of rides, with a bunch of Broncos on everything from man made tank traps to dunes. No issues from anyone so far. Most of the issues are either lifts or pretty soon and abusive driving from my perspective.
Yes, I agree that most issues come from lifts for sure and absolutely it is more convenient to have a button for a disconnect, but if you need to use the manual disconnect on the Wildtrak you just disconnect it while on some tough trail and connect it back when you leave the trail. I guess I am saying I can solve the stabilizer bar disconnect with the Wildtrak without any major problems but get the benefits of the Wildtrak.
Sponsored