Sponsored

Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 vs. Badlands on the East Coast.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
F250 Powerstroke, Grand Cherokee
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

Thanks for the detailed input. I also think it is a lot easier add a stabilizer bar disconnect to the Wildtrak Hoss 3.0 that it is to add the Hoss 3.0 to the Badlands. It is also fairly inexpensive to have it added as a manual option and then you have it all whereas if you're get the Badlands adding a Hoss 3.0 will cost significant more. This is why I started this thread because I think the Wildtrak with the 3.0 Hoss is possibly winning the argument a bit more but then again there are other things to consider like the floor drain which is not that important to me. How did you add the crawl mode and was it worth it?
Forscan. It was definitely worth it because it was free and only takes a minute if you’re already using forscan for other stuff, but I don’t think I really need it. Of all the stuff I added or disabled with forscan, it makes the least bit of difference to me.
Sponsored

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Forscan. It was definitely worth it because it was free and only takes a minute if you’re already using forscan for other stuff, but I don’t think I really need it. Of all the stuff I added or disabled with forscan, it makes the least bit of difference to me.
What exactly is Forescan?

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
I would give up the SBD for the HOSS 3.0 upgrades, and I like the non-sasquatch Badlands better than the Sasquatch Badlands.

mpeugeot

Outer Banks
First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
97 Ferrari F355, 11 Ford F-150, 21 OBX 2D
Your Bronco Model
Outer Banks
What exactly is Forescan?
It is a Ford specific OBD-II programming application that is the best possible modification for the Bronco other than the J2534 interface that I plan to explore next.

ET13

Wildtrak
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
It is a Ford specific OBD-II programming application that is the best possible modification for the Bronco other than the J2534 interface that I plan to explore next.
I dont believe forescan is ford specific but yes it essentially lets you make changes to the software

Sponsored

Snowdogyyz

Badlands
First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
22 Ford Bronco Badlands
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

Change software to do what exactly?
Get rid of double honk, turn fogs on with high beams, add sport mode to Badlands, etc.

Trino351c

Badlands
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Bronco, John Deere Tractor, Snowshoes
Your Bronco Model
Badlands
Clubs

The wildtrack could have hoss 100.0 and I’ll still take my badlands because the manual transmission is not available with wildtrak.

Sponsored

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

This how you add crawl mode to Wildtrak lol
You can add any goat mode to any trim level. And get rid of all the annoying chimes, disable auto start/stop, and the seatbelt warnings, etc. There are multiple threads about it on this forum with the spreadsheets on what digits to change in the modules. I had never heard of it til I read this board. It sounds complicated, but it’s incredibly simple. I’m not a techy, but I figured it out just from reading threads on here and watching a couple videos that got posted in them.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

I dont believe forescan is ford specific but yes it essentially lets you make changes to the software
I think it is ford specific, but other brands have their own versions of the same thing.

mybikeisred

Wildtrak
First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Your Bronco Model
Wildtrak
Clubs

What is this other type of witchcraft that you speak of? What type of stuff can you do with that?

OP
OP
NDM_84

NDM_84

Raptor
First Name
Nedim
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Camaro SS
Your Bronco Model
Raptor
Oh wow that's good to know, I had no idea you can d
You can add any goat mode to any trim level. And get rid of all the annoying chimes, disable auto start/stop, and the seatbelt warnings, etc. There are multiple threads about it on this forum with the spreadsheets on what digits to change in the modules. I had never heard of it til I read this board. It sounds complicated, but it’s incredibly simple. I’m not a techy, but I figured it out just from reading threads on here and watching a couple videos that got posted in them.
Wow, that's great I had no idea you could do all this. I would definitely like to add the Crawl Mode for sure.